GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Help can't find 95 GS300 map light install

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-18, 09:50 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help can't find 95 GS300 map light install

Look guys I'm obviously new but I'm having trouble finding any info on doing the things i need done. Ive searched this forum up and down & find nothing. If i just missed it please send me. Trying to replace Map Light/sunroof controls. Considering that old school headliner material ia about the only pristine thing on my interior im looking to replace this with minimal to zero damage.

As far as getting it out what is the best method. Secondly this is just another symptom of my electrical issues. The speedometer occasipnally doesnt work. The radio doesn't work. Dash lights all good including the check engine (i pulled codes this week with help of ALLDATA DIY subscription so anyone needing help with serious mechanic info including schematics or testing of sensors or exploded views of real mechanical issues i can help) this interior stuff is where I'm lost.

Just bought car and immediately changed water pump and timing belt since i didn't know the conditions. Dealing with the complete stall out on occasional cold starts. Hence the code pulling.

Need a sympathetic ear with interior gen1 first hand interior issues knowledge. Please help. Thanks for even reading this far. Great group guys. We're all here because of our love of our cars. I imagine I'm not the only one that started where I'm starting. Mechanics i pretty much can handle and will be glad to pitch in when i can help. Happy driving from Austin TX!
Old 04-29-18, 09:07 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Default Yes I'm a dumb s#!+and i just realized it.

I've been recovering from a major accident in November and I'm still on crutches so even simple **** like getting under my dash or twisting my body to where i can see up into that map light hole hurts. I had broken my hip into pieces and broke my wrist and 3 ribs all at once... But then infection was found while inn the hospital in my leg so ive been recovering ever since. Still on crutches now.

But when i took a close look at that map light picture tonight and saw the two Philips head screws i almost broke the other hip laughing at myself! Sorry guys. Jokes on me and I'm seriously glad i was able to call myself on it. I'm not soft obviously. I like my toys and last hospital visit i broke my back. Who puts trees on the side of the road where it's just so inviting to do 120 mph? That's just bad engineering lol. But seriously. Thanks for letting me call myself a dumb *** first! I will need help with other interior stuff so please be patient. I'll search first and do my homework before posting new threads.

Sincerely,

Deaner
Old 04-30-18, 04:12 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Looks like three screws, one on top two on bottom
Old 04-30-18, 04:40 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Looks like three screws, one on top two on bottom
😒 I think you missed where i realized my stupid question. Thanks joewitafro you seem to be the man around here. So i took the screws out realized the wiring harnesses were different so i swapped them.. They were wired the same but just different clips and i traded out the sunroof switches totally since the wiring pins were so different. Got it in and same problem. No map lights or door light. Tested the connections again and pretty much same thing. I get like 0.4v when map lights on 0.0 when off. Door light gets the same readings when turned on or when door is open. So I'm getting something out of it so i know the door switches work. And there's a connection of some sort. Just why its not getting the power it needs makes no sense. But it should be obvious that electrical issues aren't my strongest subject.

If what I've said even makes sense throw in your change people. I need all the 2 cents i can collect! Thanks again joewitafro, particularly for not calling me a total moron.

Last edited by DeanWeen; 05-01-18 at 04:38 PM.