GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Did my alarm disable my car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-14, 09:30 AM
Chrishawn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Did my alarm disable my car?

I have a 94 GS300 My keys were locked inside so the police got inside with the stick thingy and the alarm went off a lot during this process. It took them a couple of hours so when I finally got my keys and attempted to start the car, the lights came on, the whole dash lit up but the car didn't start. I've only got a master key and a an older viper alarm system. A Viper CSR explained after hearing the alarm `that the problem was with the factory alarm system... IDK. The automatic locks don't work, I have to do that manually, I've unhooked the battery and reconnected it, nothing. I was told that the alarm needs to be reset, but how? Also, I can't open the side kick panel to get to the fuses underneath the steering wheel, there is a lock there and my master key fits but won't work.
Could it be the starter, and would the starter go out with no forewarning? Please Help Soon?
Old 12-04-14, 05:33 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrishawn
I have a 94 GS300 My keys were locked inside so the police got inside with the stick thingy and the alarm went off a lot during this process. It took them a couple of hours so when I finally got my keys and attempted to start the car, the lights came on, the whole dash lit up but the car didn't start. I've only got a master key and a an older viper alarm system. A Viper CSR explained after hearing the alarm `that the problem was with the factory alarm system... IDK. The automatic locks don't work, I have to do that manually, I've unhooked the battery and reconnected it, nothing. I was told that the alarm needs to be reset, but how? Also, I can't open the side kick panel to get to the fuses underneath the steering wheel, there is a lock there and my master key fits but won't work.
Could it be the starter, and would the starter go out with no forewarning? Please Help Soon?
This is a strange one and I am not quite sure what to tell you but I am sure there shouldn't be a lock over the fuses. The only lock I have is for the trunk cancel function. The fuses should be down on the leftside of the drivers foot well. The carpet is covering the fuses just tug on it and it should pop out. While you are down there if you look straight up under the steering column you will see another small set of fuses. Just pop the cover off you will be in and of course there is also the main fuse box under the hood. I hope this helps some and good luck!!
Old 12-05-14, 06:51 AM
Chrishawn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
This is a strange one and I am not quite sure what to tell you but I am sure there shouldn't be a lock over the fuses. The only lock I have is for the trunk cancel function. The fuses should be down on the leftside of the drivers foot well. The carpet is covering the fuses just tug on it and it should pop out. While you are down there if you look straight up under the steering column you will see another small set of fuses. Just pop the cover off you will be in and of course there is also the main fuse box under the hood. I hope this helps some and good luck!!
I still cant locate the fuse box, is there anything that I can do to disable the alarm with the fuse box under the hood? My Dad came, gave me a jump and it started up I drove it a few minutes, and restarted it after parking it to see if everything was fine and it started just fine. A couple hours later I go back out check on it; I unlock the doors and now the lights are dim, flickering, and there are little ticking noises coming from underneath the hood. I get in, turn my key and just like b4 the dash lights up but the engine won't start. So I charge the battery with a home charger, and again nothing. Is it possible that I may need a new battery I hadn't replaced it since the alternator was replaced last week? Like what else could it be?
Old 12-05-14, 07:59 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Starting to sound like the battery needs to be replaced.
Old 12-05-14, 10:44 AM
Chrishawn
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank the universe for club lexus

So I literally went through these forum all morning long and I've found out how to start my car, after my battery is charged in order for me to disable the alarm I had to open the passenger door manually (with the key) and place it in the ignition and turn on the car from that point. Then when I'm not driving I have to unhook the battery to keep the alarm from draining it. That last part I'm not 100% about because every time I hook the battery back up that fn alarm goes off; I'm just afraid of the battery will die if I don't unhook it and I'd rather be safe than sorry. Only until I can get it to Lexus ooor, if anyone in the South Chicago area is familiar with the technology, let me kno. Thx!