GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 07:32 PM
94vipd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

94 gs300 pearl/silver just picked up a week ago tan interior touch screen double din 2 10inch powerbass subs jbl 2400 class d amp lanzar crossover 1farad cap all zero and 4 gauge wires just order tien coilovers hid high beams, low beams, and yellow fogs, thats it for mods so far working on mods as $$$$money$$$$ comes in lol. Out of orlando florida

Hid installed

Old 07-18-15, 08:19 PM
Bigblugs3
Driver School Candidate

Default Just saying HI

My first LEXUS .. Never thought in s million years this car would be in my possession ..any ways here's the 411

93 GS 300
Exterior- Toyota aristo window visors / rear ARISTO tail lights
Color -dark Lexus blue/ navy blue
Suspension - JIC MAGIC -USA
Wheels- VOLKS - forgot the model
And that's about it ...
Pictures to be uploaded soon
Interior- gray w/wood trim interior
Old 07-25-15, 06:43 AM
stewthedoc
Driver School Candidate

Default Need help

all I need is someone to take a picture of their idle speed control sensor up close so I can see the position of the wires going into the harness. I ordered one and all of my wires are black and can't figure out the order going into the sensor to rewire it. Please please please someone help me
Old 07-25-15, 07:06 AM
stewthedoc
Driver School Candidate

I love my Lexus can't wait till I get everything running right again
Old 07-26-15, 04:07 PM
RotaSpinna
Rookie

Aloha!

Originally from Texas, just recently moved to Oahu! I've owned a few SC models and always wanted a GS. Finally found one here that is Cherry and jumped on it!

Can't wait to update with pictures and plans for the car.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 07-27-15, 11:14 AM
stewthedoc
Driver School Candidate

How is your car running
Old 09-15-15, 08:18 AM
skytechja
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good day guys......

prod new owner But mine is not in best of condition ...For now... quite a few replacements been taking place already

its a mindnight blue exterior...... (u see the blue under the moonlight)
interior is beige
no major options
audio..... installed a double din head unit, replaced all stock speakers (the sub was not in the car).... installed amp n have abox in the trunk with 3 10" subs
previous owner upgraded to some 18's but im not comfy with his tyre size choices so im going 225/45 front & 245/40 rear OR 205/50 front & 235/45 rear to have a lil higher profile

Im actually in Jamaica ....lol yeah

i have a nice lil way to go since some electronics not working such as cluster n all......

2jz-ge motor ... non-vvti
only mod so far was to install a free flow

Old 09-17-15, 05:04 AM
Zimzimmer
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my first Lexus for $500. It has some issues but it runs and drives. I'm going to put some money into this and see what she can do.

Old 09-17-15, 01:01 PM
AkkilNash
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy 1999 Lexus GS300

Hi, Name's Akkil Nash. Got a '99 Lexus Gs300 with 120K miles on it. Though it have Salvage title on, It runs smooth.
Problems had:
  • Squeaking noise while turning wheel
  • Brake Fluid Leakage Problem
  • Hard Steering Wheel
  • CheckEngine Light ON showing P0135, P1346
  • Brake Light ON
  • Dent outside, next to passenger seat

Problems solved:
  • Solved Squeaking noise but lubricating balljoints
  • Frequently filling up Brake Fluid, No Brake Light ON

Please help me solving the above problems in a low cost. i mean in a simple way.

Thank You!
Old 09-22-15, 08:04 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Whats up from Texas

I am very active on Facebook on a few pages but here is my beauty 93 GS I am the second owner, I only had her for 3 months thus far.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-txgs3.jpeg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-txgs4.jpeg  
Old 09-22-15, 08:07 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gensc300
Names Gen. Live in arlington, texas Ive been a member here for a few months i Bought my gs3 about 8 months ago with 180k on the dash. Resent motor swap 60k 2jzge. Sustec tanabe coilovers and 19x10s with plasti dipped fenders for the moment. Heres how she sits. Next is na-t with 5 speed conversion!!!!
I am in Fort Worth we need to link up
Old 10-19-15, 05:23 PM
1stgen
Driver School Candidate

I just recently acquired a 1993 Lexus GS300, which is now NA-T, and because of the massive amount of information that is dumped on this amazing forum, I figured I'd join you guys and hop in on the fun! I'm originally a Honda/Acura guy (Don't worry, I've dedicated over a decade of my life in em', so I'm not one of "those" kids), and still working on my summer build as we speak, but that can be discussed at the later date; I decided to change it up a bit and try something different for a change, because not are changes are bad, right? So I decided to jump aboard and voila! Here I am!

Old 05-27-16, 01:13 PM
skytechja
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trvppizza
Hi I'm Mike I just picked up my GS300 as a daily until I can get my Ls400 fixed. My GS needs a lot of work cosmetic wise but it runs good. I got it cheap so I'm not too bothered by the work but the major thing I want to address is the windows since all but the drivers side rear door are down. It looks bad right now but I will try and get it to a more eye pleasing place. I would like to do the same thing I want to do to my LS to this, so I will see what the future holds. But tomorrow is pick and pull day so hopefully I can get most of what I need cheap.

1. black
2. tan but i want darker
3. it has a spoiler
4. Nakamich
5. none
6. also have a leaky Ls400

NICE !!!!

my gs300 needs alot of work too...

here what though...
id love if u could verify something for me.....

the steering dampers on both cars....... i was wondering if u wouldnt mind going under each car and to see if they fit each other.....

i desperately need a steering damper for my ride n not sure what other damper will fit
Old 06-05-16, 09:15 PM
Brokstudnt
Driver School Candidate

Default 93` lexus from sunny san diego

Just about a year ago I bought my first car ever, a 93 Lexus gs300 with near 200,000 miles on it and I hardly knew anything about Lexus or many Toyota brand vehicles. I mean for the majority of my life my parents owned this 94 Toyota corolla, a slow but reliable car that got the job done. After I got my Lexus I had no idea the stigma behind this brand, I mean the reactions I got from my family friends when I said I drove a lexus was all too surprising, after I explored the features in my car it is clear that it was way ahead of it's time. My girlfriend's dad drives a new 2015 Nissan Versa and it has half of the features this car. My vehicle has some problems many of them either cosmetic and a very tiny leak, however this car is very reliable and it has supported me so much through my school year and I can see now why Lexus is so popular.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexus1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexus2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexus3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexus4.jpg  
Old 06-08-16, 06:46 PM
DetAristo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my early 1st gen:
Name:  AristoDriver_Front_zps7ljsogty.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  202.8 KB

I have a '96 GS300 too, but it's a parts car. Just bought it to give my buddy the engine. He wanted the block/crank so I bought the whole car with a blown transmission.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE