GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 12-20-01, 07:45 AM
Welcome to CL
Official Welcome Wagon

Received 169 Likes on 26 Posts
Exclamation Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Members,

When you get your First Generation GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. Exterior color
2. Interior color choice
3. Major options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio options (Nakamich or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lexus owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-19-14 at 02:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Welcome to CL:
Bigkid77 (04-11-20), CurtT (02-17-24)
Old 03-23-14, 09:48 PM
rphillips2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 gs 300

I got a 99 gs 300 silver in color grey interior with cherry wood grain fully loaded from heated seats to sunroof it has a touch screen dvd/cd player in dash board it has 215k on it but did run like a dream before today when it started dying everytime I press on gas and if I start it and don't press on gas it will idle really rough and shake my engine till it dies im not sure what is the problem with it but hopefully someone on here can help me with some ideas what it could be before I spend a lot of money on a mechanic
Old 04-15-14, 06:49 PM
katelyn89
Driver School Candidate

Default hi i need help on my 1993 break light and shift gear.

I just got this car 3 week's ago, it's a 1993. First it was working fine then the car won't shift gear unless you override it. And now my break lights won't come on. We're trying to change the break light switch but there is a bolt that won't let us get to it. Any help or suggestions. Thanks
Old 04-24-14, 12:17 PM
artfreak
Driver School Candidate

Default 93 gs300

I just picked up a 1993 GS300. it is black with grey interior. So highly modded that I don't know where to start. I need some help with the Apexi SAFC I. The mods were done at C-Tec Performance in Chicago and the Apexi was set perfectly but the previous owners daughter thought that the Apexi was an EQ and reset it to factory defaults. I need help in finding someone in the Grand Rapids Michigan area that can get it to the right settings....PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 04-26-14, 05:27 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

1994 GS300
-Exterior-Black
-Interior-Tan
-Options-Sunroof & Heated seats
-Audio-Stock Pioneer, Alpine 4in all 4 doors, CD Changer
-Modifications-SS brake lines, Injen intake with K&N, MSD Blaster coil SS, HIDs, Osram Fog Breaker bulbs
-I have always like these cars and I hope I can create a find project
-
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-forumrunner_20140426_202726.png  

Last edited by TRACKMKIII; 04-27-14 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-26-14, 11:24 PM
bigjoeoso
Driver School Candidate

hey hey the names Joe From So-cal and i have a
Year-1993 GS300
-Exterior-Blue
-Interior-Grey
-Options-Sunroof
Wheels&Tires-Velocity / 215/55R18
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-securedownload-19-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-securedownload-18-.jpg  
Old 04-27-14, 07:14 PM
Titten
Driver

Hey. I have a black 93 GS300 that I really like. It has tan leather interior that's thrashed, great working AC, dash needles need attention. Motor runs great, transmission shifts fine, this thing is very reliable and comfortable. I've gone on 19 hr trips without a hiccup. So for I replaced the timing belt, alternator, water pump, serpentine belt and tensioner, etc. it has the stock sound system and sunroof options, but I can't remember what else. It has an aftermarket old air intake that I don't like. I've been trying to hunt down a stock oem airbox, so hit me up if you have one.
Old 04-30-14, 05:04 AM
Ny2Nc
Driver School Candidate

Default 93 gs300

Hello my name is Jason and I have a white 93 Gs300. Tan leather interior fully loaded. It has around 210k miles. Head gasket blew but I'm on the edge about getting a new engine or just put the new parts I already have in. Please help, I need to know what's best. I'm afraid if I fix the head then the compression will be to much for the bottom end.

I plain on putting it on some black 17" rims so I'll also need some tips on the best way to lower the car a little. I've replaced the stock sub with a 10" kicker and will soon replace the door speakers.

With that being said any tips/tricks I'm all ears.

I also need help finding the right 100 amp ALT fuse

Last edited by Ny2Nc; 04-30-14 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-15-14, 08:44 AM
Unqlyrwstl
Driver School Candidate

Hey fellas my name is Carlos and I just purchased a stock 2 tone white 1994 Lexus GS 300. The car has around 200k on it but runs well. There are some cosmetic items that need to be addressed but besides that the car is great! I will definitely be digging in to the forums quite a bit because there is a lot to learn about these cars. I will be posting a picture later. Hopefully will also be creating a "Build Thread".
Old 05-22-14, 12:20 PM
10thMtnLex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Colorado Gen 1 GS

Hi All!,

I’m the proud owner of a 1993 Lexus GS 300 (2JZ-GE/A340 ECTi)

Just the Facts:
Exterior Color – Code 176 Silvermist
Interior Color – Gray (Leather)
Options / Pkgs – Power Sunroof, TRAC, Leather
Audio – OE Pioneer System w/ 12CD Changer
Mods – 17” BBS RX wheels / 225 & 245 Yoko S.drives, Clear Bra, Pins, tinted windows, Aristo Tails (not yet installed)

I’m the second owner; purchased in 2007 at 51K from original dealer, currently at 103K. Every dealer service stamp in the book, everything works. Beautiful Car, purchased to join my ’95 SC 300 (W58 Conv.) and now my ’95 SC 400 Daily Driver. 8 cars total, never a moment of rest!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-front-range-co-aristo.jpg  
Old 06-10-14, 06:02 PM
johnhol123
Driver School Candidate

Default New member in Club Lexus with a GS300

Hi Club Lexus Members! I am a new member as of a little while ago. I own a GS300, 1999 model and I am assuming I'm a 1Gen owner, I don't know at this time. Anyway, was given this car by my sister in 2005. (I have a very nice sister who wanted me to have this GS300 as she was getting her a new Lexus anyway) It is a beautiful car now as it was then. I call it 'Black Beauty' since that's it's color and so is the interior. This car is so nice when on the interstates, especially. Of course this is the nicest car I've ever owned in my life. I still own/have a 1974 Super Beetle and an old Nissan truck. Use to own a Buick Park Avenue. Got rid of that thing when I got the Lexus.

About two years ago I thought it was time for a few things to be done as far as preventative maintenance goes since none of things had ever been done: new plugs, plug wires, timing belt, radiator flush. All these were changed at about 139,000 miles in November of 2011. It now has 143,000 approx miles. A master mechanic from a town nearby did all this for $260 in labor. (I bought all the parts for about $150.00). Later on the engine started making some kinda of 'clicking sound', a mechanic in the town where I live discovered it was a power steering pump which he fixed for a total $180.16.

Another problem was a oil leak. Found out it was from faulty valve cover gaskets. A well-known mechanic in my home town changed those out for $307. And the same mechanic fixed my last major problem, which was the Mode Door Actuator, as the A/C wasn't distributing the air properly. The tech replaced the mode servo motor and found that both A/C filters were completely filthy and replaced those. Total cost for this $353.00.

In conclusion, I got this car when it had 90,000 miles on the odometer. Today it has 143,000 on it. So my out of pocket maintenance seems to be a small price to pay for such a nice vehicle and of course not having a car payment. But looks like the Door Locks are my next problem now since the doors won't lock with Key Fob or on the door arm rest area. Don't know what that's going to cost but will find out tomorrow

Thanks for reading my lengthy intro and I hope i didn't bore any of you with all this. Bye or Now,
John
Old 06-10-14, 06:22 PM
johnhol123
Driver School Candidate

Default GS 300 Called Black Beauty

Hi. My name is John as of a couple or three hours ago I think I became a member of Club Lexus. Anyway, while surfing the WWW, I found this web site. I like it already. My GS 300 is Black of course with an all black interior. I guess it looks as though it came from the factory. One of my sisters gave it to be in about 2005 or 2006, somewhere in there. Lots of trips to Florida and Alabama since then. I love it on the interstates. Hope I can contribute to the forum as time goes on and will check back you all now and then. Bye for now. John
Old 06-15-14, 05:04 PM
Josh23945
Driver School Candidate

Hello all my name is Josh, i picked up a 1993 GS300 with a 147,000 miles a few months ago. It is White/silver two tone with the tan and brown interior the previous owner installed a Sony headunit and she has an LSD but aside from that its all stock.
Old 06-23-14, 08:05 PM
djspock303
Driver

Default Third Lexus running around

Whats up everybody - I have been lurking the forums for a long time but mostly on isfanatics.com and my.is and here.

I had a is300 auto its long gone used to race scca with it, i current have a is300 2002 big boosted motor that i was repairing this weekend (trans/clutch issue) so instead of paying my trans guy who screwed me in october another 2500 bucks i found this gem, and its our new addition DD beater (if you really want to call it that, picked it up for 2800 after it was all said and done)

1. 1993 Drug Dealer Pearl White with Silver two tone - needs some polishing but i was shocked how nice it was.
2. Interior color choice - uhh Light Brown and Browner lol
3. Major options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) - has the orginal phone with the coil cord and 10 disc changer pretty freaking excited about it to be honest
4. Audio options (Nakamich or Pioneer) - Nakamichi pretty sure
5. Any modifications - all OEM baby!
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lexus owner, etc) - already stated
Cool thing about this car was it was always in Wichita Kansas the local Lexus dealer had it as a fleet/company car for years so it was well taken care of and mostly highway miles. Have all the detailed records on it. 230k currently.
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery) - will do later on - want to put up some nice before and after shots of my detail work.

For the most part all the interior items work but a couple of dash lights, leather wasnt taken care of well so some splits there. Motor is sound, leakdown test passed, water pump, timing, headgasket all replaced over the years. Even if it wasnt pretty pleased.

My favorite thing about the sister aristo is the middle sun visor that blocks the mirror lol sweet option! lol
Old 07-09-14, 04:00 PM
cavousier
Driver School Candidate

It was brought to my attention that I missed my introduction. Well her it is. i am the third owner of a 95 GS300 in nc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE