GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 09:49 PM
Trvppizza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm Mike I just picked up my GS300 as a daily until I can get my Ls400 fixed. My GS needs a lot of work cosmetic wise but it runs good. I got it cheap so I'm not too bothered by the work but the major thing I want to address is the windows since all but the drivers side rear door are down. It looks bad right now but I will try and get it to a more eye pleasing place. I would like to do the same thing I want to do to my LS to this, so I will see what the future holds. But tomorrow is pick and pull day so hopefully I can get most of what I need cheap.

1. black
2. tan but i want darker
3. it has a spoiler
4. Nakamich
5. none
6. also have a leaky Ls400
Old 04-18-15, 05:21 PM
jmiz619
Driver School Candidate

Default 93 1gs

new to the block trying to get some advice. i have megan coilovers. megan toe and trac links in the rear and supra adjustable RUCAs. nothing on the front end though which is what i need help with. did some searches to find that 2gs fits but can't find any. pictures of your set up in the front?Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0741.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0293.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0286.jpg??
Old 04-20-15, 01:28 PM
Mitch182
Driver School Candidate

Default 1993 gs 300

I have a 1993 GS 300 that we got in the summer of 2012 with only 72,000 miles. It had been owned previously by an old guy who mostly kept it in a warehouse and hardly ever drove her. Near perfect condition, with only a few dents i haven't fixed yet from being left in my old high school parking lot everyday. I've had her for roughly about 3 years, but i just barely found this forum while looking into modifications to put on her. I'm happy to be part of the family!
Here's some pics i took of her today at my parents house today:

Old 05-14-15, 11:09 PM
MiltownLex
Driver School Candidate

Default Car is stalling

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your First Generation GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. Exterior color
2. Interior color choice
3. Major options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio options (Nakamich or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lexus owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
Old 06-01-15, 10:38 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Here's my second 93 GS300

Not sure what the name of the paint is, but tan interior, pioneer system with the aux input mod, currently on Megan racing coilovers (previous owner's mod) and sitting on third gen maxima wheels, also hid's. Previous owner is callmeq, and I can't remember the mileage on it. So far so good! (Getting a manual swap in the future and maybe an na-t build)

Old 06-02-15, 11:10 AM
gilgates
Driver School Candidate

Default Salute to my first 95 gs

My first gs guys.....
1995 lexus gs 300
dark green exterior.
140 on the board. (bought it 6 moths ago with 132k )
beige interior.
Besides all tune ups i added an injen air intake system
any suggestions on whati should do next besides cosmetics to improve overall performance
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0787.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_1030.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_1031.jpg  
Old 06-02-15, 11:29 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Awesome cars guys! Welcome to club lexus. Manual swap always highly improves performance! Along with a limited slip differential. As far as motor mods go, with the NA you can turbo it with accompanying parts such as a stand-alone, fuel pump and injectors with a appropriately sized turbocharger and intercooler. Not much more you can do to improve stock performance.. Plugs and wires are always good.
Old 06-23-15, 08:32 PM
jza240sx
Driver School Candidate

Whats up guys? After years of lurking on here I finally bought a gs300. I currently also own a kouki s14 with a 1jz(I've had this 1j since 08 so I didn't just join the band wagon haha). I've always been a fan of the jz motors so its about time i finally bought a Toyota. I bought it from 2nd owner who owned it for 8 years. It just hit 150k. Color is red pearl. Interior is beige leather. Bone stock besides HIDs. I plan on doing big turbo gte swap and five speed. I'm going to be putting coilovers and wheels on it next few weeks. Still debating on what aero kit to put on but not really a big deal right now.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_20150611_131424.jpg  
Old 06-24-15, 02:37 PM
joewitafro
Racer

wow man that body is so cleannnn!!!! I wouldn't even mess with a body kit with how nice of a start you got. Good luck, if you have any questions check our my build thread and hit me up with a private message.
Old 06-26-15, 08:30 AM
stewthedoc
Driver School Candidate

I have a GS 300, with gray interior, and is completely stock. This fall I plan on changing my exhaust and installing a turbo. After that I will be getting a wide body kit, and a fresh new paint job. I got this car so I could have something to play around with. Outside of small set backs it's the best ride I've had. Comfortable leather seats, – DVD with navigation and custom speaker box.
Old 06-28-15, 09:48 AM
lexusyng
Driver School Candidate

How's it going everyone?

I'm happy to say I'm the new owner of a 1996 GS300. The deal I got on this car is insane, I live in Canada and paid 1000$ for the car with a safety certificate and emissions test so it was road legal the day I bought it and I had to drive it 500km to get back home. EVERYTHING WORKS! I am so amazed by the quality, the climate control, sunroof, every single electronic thing all works! The car is literally the most comfortable car I've ever been in and I've never had a better experience in the cabin of any other car. I've put about 2100 worry free kilometers on it in 3 weeks in ultimate comfort. The car had 310k (Kilometers) on the odo when I bought it, just under 200k miles. All maintenance was done regularly, the car is in 7.5/10 condition outside and 9/10 on the inside. My friends are so amazed by how good a deal I got and how good the car itself is(0 underbody rust, only rust spots are on the edges of the doors, some around the sunroof and tiny spots here and there on the body. Even the bubbly rust is good quality, if that makes any sense! It's all rock solid, I've never been so at ease in a car and when I got it I was expecting something to go wrong quick because of how cheap it was but everything works. I'm 20 and my other car is a 1996 Subaru Legacy with an EJ207 version 8 STI swap as well as an STI tranny and lots of other supporting mods making around 400hp, but I'm so blown away by the lexus quality and so impressed by the 2JZ engines that I'm selling it to get a single turbo swapped 2jzgte lexus of some kind. I also had a 99 subaru forester for the winter and let me tell you, the difference in build quality is insane on these lexuses, I feel the new ones aren't built to the same standard as they don't need to prove themselves anymore but jesus, I've never seen a 20 year old car so ahead of its time, and I find the look has aged very well too, particularly the rear view is one of my favourites. I'm probably not going to touch anything on the car as it is a great feeling to have such a fine machine for only 1000$ that spending money on it just seems pointless, an exhaust would cost half as much as the whole car. I am extremely happy to be part of the lexus family and I can say with 100% confidence I'll be buying more of these in the future because they are such perfectly put together cars. Just knowing that I could spend maybe 10 grand on the car and have a reliable ~400whp DD with a 2jz-gte speaks for itself, why the hell would anyone buy a new car? I'm definitely going to be getting a newer LS when I eventually settle down and need a car for my family and such, the value for money is insane on these things. Even if I paid 2-3x as much I still feel it would've been a good deal, I just can't get over how under appreciated and valuable these are. Here's a pic
Old 06-28-15, 10:40 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Welcome lexusyng with your new GS and future plans! Looks nice! Are those headlight sprayers in the bumper?
Old 06-28-15, 11:03 AM
lexusyng
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! And yep, like everything else on the car, they also work!(Quite effectively it seems too, the headlight are in great shape)
Old 07-02-15, 09:58 PM
lexusyng
Driver School Candidate

Hello again everyone,

So, exactly one month after owning my first lexus, I'm already adding a new one to the family. Making a 1000km round trip tomorrow to get a single turbo 2jz-gte swapped gs300, here are some pics:

Ridiculously excited for this. I'll post an update tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_2311.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_2310.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_2309.jpg  
Old 07-03-15, 03:13 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Heck yus!!!! Nice man. I see some goodies!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE