My Work in Progress - '95 Canadian GS300 - Non-Traditional VIP Style

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-13, 01:01 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Work in Progress - '95 Canadian GS300 - Non-Traditional VIP Style

Hello everyone!
I've been lurking on this section of the forum for quite some time now, and I'm guessing it's time for me to contribute!

Just a little bit about myself, my name is Tom, residing in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. I'm absolutely fond of large vip-styled sedans. My vehicle is a '95 Lexus GS300 which my parents finally passed down to me after getting a replacement vehicle. The odometer is just over 200k kms which is not so bad for a car that's as practically old as me. The vehicle itself still needs a lot of work, and I'm very lucky to have a car-savvy dad who is able to advise me on what the car needs.

Engine wise the car is absolutely bone stock, runs great and it's true the engine is built like a tank.
I've done some modifications interior wise and exterior. As you can see the car is Junction Produce themed, but unfortunately as a broke student attending university I do not have much money to play around with so I will NOT be buying any body kits for it (OEM is clean, don't want to ruin the factory lines). I won't be playing around with air suspension (no bags), no stretched tires, no wide body kits

As I'm typing this I do have Megan Racing coilovers on the way, as well as some drilled/slotted rotors to replace the rusty oem ones.
The most amount of money I've spent on the car so far is the new glossy black paint job (oem jade green didn't look too good in my opinion), and the aftermarket 20" wheels.

Here's a couple pictures (these pictures are all old, I'll take new ones soon)

I'll be posting up more progress pictures once the car is on coilovers
Stay tuned for more updates...

Last edited by DomRebel; 04-26-13 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-19-13, 08:48 AM
10thMtnLex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet GS! Good luck with your project, you off to a nice start! Keep the updates coming when possible...
Old 04-19-13, 09:19 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Looks good. I like the black over that green any day.
Old 04-19-13, 06:07 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Here's a teaser of what I should be expecting the car to look like with coilovers on this coming weekend
The rims have been plastidipped matte black earlier this month

Can't wait for coils to go on, I'm sure the car itself will be much lower than my photoshopped picture haha
I absolutely love the black on black look, car looks very aggressive and sporty unlike traditional black VIP cars with the blingy chrome modular rims
The rears will need a pretty wide spacer, I'm not running a staggered setup so the rears are 8.5" wide with a large gap between the lip of the fender that's a big eyesore

Last edited by DomRebel; 04-19-13 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-19-13, 06:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DomRebel
Here's a teaser of what I should be expecting the car to look like with coilovers on this coming weekend
The rims have been plastidipped matte black earlier this month

Can't wait for coils to go on, I'm sure the car itself will be much lower than my photoshopped picture haha
I absolutely love the black on black look, car looks very aggressive and sporty unlike traditional black VIP cars with the blingy chrome modular rims
The rears will need a pretty wide spacer, I'm not running a staggered setup so the rears are 8.5" wide with a large gap between the lip of the fender that's a big eyesore
can't see the update pic, but from the OP pics, she's definitely clean. so far so good.
Old 04-19-13, 07:02 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
can't see the update pic, but from the OP pics, she's definitely clean. so far so good.
Ahh, I see the dropbox picture link failed me
I have updated the link to the picture so I hope everything's visible now

Thanks again for your comment, car will be looking a LOT more cleaner in the coming days!
Old 04-19-13, 08:32 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Another shot of the interior

I may be plastidipping the brown parts of the interior to matte black. Cheaper, more cost-efficient, and quicker to do and it will match the wheels
Old 04-24-13, 10:54 AM
DomRebel
Rookie

Just picked up

Old 04-24-13, 09:15 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that chrome trim around the lower half of the car. lovin it. makes me miss my gs
Old 04-24-13, 10:55 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Originally Posted by mr. tetsuo
that chrome trim around the lower half of the car. lovin it. makes me miss my gs
Thanks! The chrome trim really sets the black paint off real nicely which is what I really like about it. Matches the grill as well and looks pretty OEM even though Lexus never offered trim on the MK1 GS
Old 04-25-13, 05:50 AM
OGS300
Driver

think 20s look too big imo
Old 04-25-13, 05:35 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Not at all, I think 20s fit the GS just fine. It may just look large on my car since I'm using a 245 series tire. 20s fit the car perfectly in my opinion. I would've gone 19s but tires for those are more expensive
Old 04-26-13, 02:36 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

These came in today, zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with new ceramic pads. Also went to a store to pick up some blue caliper paints which would match with my blue-colored theme nicely

Next couple of days are going to be hard work but full of fun

Last edited by DomRebel; 04-26-13 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-26-13, 05:38 PM
Salcedo90
Driver

wat brand are the rotors and how much did you pay???
Old 04-26-13, 06:08 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

They're called ADB Rotors, purchased in Canada
~$200 for set of 4 rotors and ceramic pads

Build quality seems pretty good, fairly heavy rotors. I'll be bedding them in after they're installed and I'll give some input on how they perform compared against stock rotors

Quick Reply: My Work in Progress - '95 Canadian GS300 - Non-Traditional VIP Style