PURCHASING 94' GS only 130k!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13, 06:51 PM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking PURCHASING 94' GS only 130k!!!!

I'm going to faint!

This has been my dream car since 1995 (second only to a Lamborghini). Today I convinced my wife to let me buy one in EXCELLENT condition. Only the EGR issue that I know of. I'm so elated. Purchasing the dream vehicle Saturday. I'll be back with pics. Nice to meet you all!

-IAMSIR
Old 01-10-13, 10:45 AM
CYNE
Driver

pics or it didnt happen!

any plans for her?
Old 01-10-13, 11:39 AM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Red face Lol

Originally Posted by DonDizzurp
pics or it didnt happen!

any plans for her?
I would have responded the same way!

Right now the plans are to get her here. REALLY good snow tires (I live in Upper Michigan) and eventually Lambo doors. Maybe on the doors. This will be the first car I can actually mod in anyway ( I refused to mod my BMW 5 series) so I have no clue what to do with it.

Thanks for the response. Hi to all the readers.
Old 01-10-13, 01:40 PM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy No traction control? Deal breaker?

OK, so everything seems to be great about the car. Small miles. Minor EGR-71 light on. Has all the bells and whistles except 1- it doesn't have TRAC! No traction control! Is this something I can mod to an 04'? Is this something worth modding? I live in a snowy area north of Wisconsin, so driving in snow will happen. Please advise.
Old 01-10-13, 02:07 PM
10thMtnLex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

4 studded snows, best $ can buy. I think you could swap components to gain TRAC, but may be prohibitively expensive (parts especially if new, and labor). Not sure but it may involve changes to the ABS brake system as well. I live in CO, so I feel for ya. Would make winter a bit more of a challenge but is very 'doable'. Consolation prize: the early GS TRAC system is fairly crude, works off brakes only and has no yaw or stability feature (i.e. when it goes sideways) Early TRAC basically good for straight line only... Hope you decide to go for it, 130K sounds really nice...
Old 01-10-13, 02:34 PM
CYNE
Driver

Originally Posted by 10thMtnLex
4 studded snows, best $ can buy. I think you could swap components to gain TRAC, but may be prohibitively expensive (parts especially if new, and labor). Not sure but it may involve changes to the ABS brake system as well. I live in CO, so I feel for ya. Would make winter a bit more of a challenge but is very 'doable'. Consolation prize: the early GS TRAC system is fairly crude, works off brakes only and has no yaw or stability feature (i.e. when it goes sideways) Early TRAC basically good for straight line only... Hope you decide to go for it, 130K sounds really nice...
not sure about where hes at, but studded and chained tires are illegal where i live
traction control makes driving in winter possible in a RWD car.. without it, your car is a lot better off being a summer car

its not impossible, people have done it for years.. but it isnt easy and mistakes can happen in the blink of an eye
Old 01-10-13, 04:13 PM
RustyDawwg
Driver School Candidate

Personally I would buy an AWD or 4x4 for the snow for safety reasons but good find! Lets see some pictures.
Old 01-10-13, 08:07 PM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Wink *sigh this guy wants to sell*

Still haven't been to the seller. I'll get at least one great pic when I go on saturday. He said he'll throw in 4 Blizzaks (75%) for a small fee. Feel like it can't be beat. Just really nervous. The vin came back clean as a whistle. And the Check engine light is on with that 71 egr code. He said it doesn't affect performance. Would suck to spend 2k for a car that needs 2k of work. I've driven a mustang in the snow during "snowmageddon" a few years ago- so I know how RWD can be - uh- incredibly scary.

Recently spun out in my current olds 88' so I think this can't be much worse with the Blizzaks. Did I mention he's asking $2500 (not including tires). I might have to sell a few of my possessions but so be it.

I'll keep you guys posted with my progress and decision.
Old 01-10-13, 08:13 PM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Default Snow angel?

Some eye candy. This is the car in question. She's a beauty.

My little snow angel.

*sigh*

Yay or nay?
Attached Thumbnails PURCHASING 94' GS only 130k!!!!-lexy.jpg   PURCHASING 94' GS only 130k!!!!-lexy2.jpg  
Old 01-10-13, 11:27 PM
bboynoodle
Driver School Candidate

I personally would! It seems like a solid deal. You just might be over thinking, especially when they can throw in blizzaks for a small fee.
Old 01-11-13, 01:06 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Do it bro. Nay for lambo doors on a classy car
Old 01-11-13, 06:19 AM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2GSC300
Do it bro. Nay for lambo doors on a classy car
Save lambo doors for speedster- heard!
Old 01-11-13, 07:37 AM
VSRgs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forget traction control, buy 4 studded snows, i drive mine in NH snow all the time, it's not that bad...especially in a 4,000LB car.

and lambo doors? no. it's not 2001 anymore. that crap died with underglow and vinyl door graphics bro.
Old 01-11-13, 08:08 AM
10thMtnLex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, sorry, do be aware of your local laws regarding studs and chains. I live in colorado, studs O.K. 24/7/365 (although they are no fun in the summer!). Car looks beautiful!! Gen 1s so nice in darker colors (mine is silver, kinda boring) I'd be hard pressed to pass that up. I think there is another thread about EGR code 71, wish I could help more there...

Do it, and be happy!
Old 01-11-13, 08:17 AM
IamSir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VSRgs300
forget traction control, buy 4 studded snows, i drive mine in NH snow all the time, it's not that bad...especially in a 4,000LB car.

and lambo doors? no. it's not 2001 anymore. that crap died with underglow and vinyl door graphics bro.
Can't do the studs in Michigan, maybe snow chains. I'm most likely not going to pass it up. I'm trying to meet the gent tomorrow morn at 9am. UBER excited.

Oh yeah, and ok- no Lambo doors. Sorry- always been a fan.

Quick Reply: PURCHASING 94' GS only 130k!!!!