GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

what exhaust you guys got?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 02:42 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man Abear, now you have me thinking about changing the pipes as well ... Every time I do a mod another one pops up...I think I'm addicted
Old 03-21-08, 02:48 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Its a good mod, I love the way it sounds, and looks, I just need some bigger tips, I have some 3 inchers on there right now and it looks too small, I was lookin the other day and I was like..wth?
Thats an easy fix though. Just be careful, the drone is killer if this is your daily, Im still tryin to figure out how to fix it. Im gonna throw another resonator in there, I have one where the cat used to be, but its still too damn loud.
Old 04-06-08, 08:42 PM
1stGS
Driver School Candidate

Im so new to this and dont know much about my engine, I kinda wish i bought the better one, i have a 93'gs300 24dohc, what else should i do to make it peppier? I bought the injen air intake, and was goin to get unorthadox pulleys. what else can i do? or should do, I would really appreiciate it alot
Old 04-06-08, 08:52 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

This engine isnt meant to be NA, you need to go turbo if you want some power, no matter what you do, your not gonna get much faster by putting pulleys, headers, exhaust, intake, or anything else. The only real answer is a turbo.
Old 04-13-08, 02:34 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Just wanted to bring this thread back cuz i had another exhaust related question...

ok im going to be buying the magnaflow 14829 mufflers this week, to make my custom exhaust...but the thing is, one of the shops said i need an offset muffler because the suspension would get in the way. either that or i would have to have the mufflers pointing to the sides a bit, instead of just straight out.

so is that true? anyone on here have a muffler thats not offset and have had any problems with it?

and if its true, you think those mufflers would look tacky if i had them slightly pointed out like that?

If i remember correctly someones brother had some magnaflows on their 1st gen...i think it was Seize. did you have the offset mufflers
Old 04-13-08, 04:23 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, the mufflers have to be offset. Its not gonna look weird, get under the car and look at the stock mufflers, they are offset, the pipe enters in the middle and leaves on the side.
Old 04-13-08, 05:09 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Abear
Yes, the mufflers have to be offset. Its not gonna look weird, get under the car and look at the stock mufflers, they are offset, the pipe enters in the middle and leaves on the side.
oh, oh no i meant if it would look weird if i had the mufflers with no offset, but angled outwards to fit them...know what i mean? lol not sure if i made sense
Old 04-13-08, 05:51 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

well the reason for the offset outlet is so it lines up with the cut out on the bumper.theres not too much room for the muffler to move over because theres the spare tire well.
Old 04-13-08, 06:01 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

^^ oh, i really like the sound of that model muffler, i dont want to change unless i have to. thats why i was thinkin to have them tilt out a lil bit, so it could fit...but i was wonderin if that would work and if it would look bad.
Old 04-13-08, 07:08 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

They make that same model with the offset, you just gotta look, check the magnaflow website and look for that size but with an offset.
Old 04-13-08, 07:11 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

They make that same model with the offset, you just gotta look, check the magnaflow website and look for that size but with an offset.
ooo i never knew that, ill check..thanks! but does it sound the same? it should right?

would u happen to know the part number on that model?

Last edited by yusef; 04-13-08 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-13-08, 09:20 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Ill do one better for you.
The cheapest I could find the model youd need is here...http://www.allmagnaflow.com/product.php?productid=540
It doesnt come with a tip so youd have to buy the tip separate and Ive already found the tip that seems like the one on the 14829, the cheapest I could find it is here...http://www.fasterthanthem.com/produc...ductid=4634624
Now, I know that adds up to quite a bit, but its what you need in order to make it look right, because yes, I would think the magnaflows at an angle would look strange on our cars. Its not that much more than if you were to buy the 14829s, the cheapest I could find them was for 111 or something like that. So its only 30 bucks more per side.

Edit, you could go with a size smaller in the muffler...http://www.allmagnaflow.com/product.php?productid=537
Its 20 bucks cheaper almost, but it will sound a little different than the bigger one. Also, the tip can be shorter...http://azcustomcars.com/product.php?productid=68605
The tip is 4.5" instead of 7.5", so its a little cheaper also. Its all up to you and how much you want to spend, if you go with this second option youd be saving money compared to the 14829s. Either way, its gonna look and sound good I think.
Good luck.

Last edited by Abear; 04-13-08 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-13-08, 09:33 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Ill do one better for you.
The cheapest I could find the model youd need is here...http://www.allmagnaflow.com/product.php?productid=540
It doesnt come with a tip so youd have to buy the tip separate and Ive already found the tip that seems like the one on the 14829, the cheapest I could find it is here...http://www.fasterthanthem.com/produc...ductid=4634624
Now, I know that adds up to quite a bit, but its what you need in order to make it look right, because yes, I would think the magnaflows at an angle would look strange on our cars. Its not that much more than if you were to buy the 14829s, the cheapest I could find them was for 111 or something like that. So its only 30 bucks more per side.

Edit, you could go with a size smaller in the muffler...http://www.allmagnaflow.com/product.php?productid=537
Its 20 bucks cheaper almost, but it will sound a little different than the bigger one. Also, the tip can be shorter...http://azcustomcars.com/product.php?productid=68605
The tip is 4.5" instead of 7.5", so its a little cheaper also. Its all up to you and how much you want to spend, if you go with this second option youd be saving money compared to the 14829s. Either way, its gonna look and sound good I think.
Good luck.
wow lol thanks man, i really appreciate it , but you said this muffler was cheaper? is it cuz of quality? or why is it cheaper? im a lil confused, with all the different types out there.
Old 04-13-08, 09:39 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

No, its the same quality, its magnaflow, polished, the only thing is, its smaller and the ones I showed you dont come with the tip, so you have to buy tips. The smaller you get, the cheaper they come. Its late and my mind is flowing like it should, but what I was showing you was that you dont have to get the 14829, you can get one of the other 2 and then just get the tips that I showed you and you should be set. The first one I linked is the exact size and shape as the 14829, except they are offset and dont come with tips. The second it is a bit smaller and dont come with tips. The first tip link, the tip is 7.5", the second is 4.5", thats why its cheaper. Im goin to sleep now.
Old 04-13-08, 09:42 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

No, its the same quality, its magnaflow, polished, the only thing is, its smaller and the ones I showed you dont come with the tip, so you have to buy tips. The smaller you get, the cheaper they come. Its late and my mind is flowing like it should, but what I was showing you was that you dont have to get the 14829, you can get one of the other 2 and then just get the tips that I showed you and you should be set. The first one I linked is the exact size and shape as the 14829, except they are offset and dont come with tips. The second it is a bit smaller and dont come with tips. The first tip link, the tip is 7.5", the second is 4.5", thats why its cheaper. Im goin to sleep now.
ohh lol thanks again man, really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: what exhaust you guys got?