ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-1st-gen-1993-1997-120/)
-   -   how do I disable my alarm permently (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-1st-gen-1993-1997/195484-how-do-i-disable-my-alarm-permently.html)

YaYAReAGs3 01-10-06 11:38 PM

how do I disable my alarm permently

hey evrybody
I dont have the remote with the button so everytime I open my car with my key the alarm goes off and the car wont start..is there a fuse or something I can disable to make this alarm not work anymore?I did a search and nothing came up with my same problem..thanks for your help im just trying to work out these little bugs

YaYAReAGs3 01-11-06 05:19 PM

is there a relay,fuse or something i can disconect?

Tramix 01-19-06 07:57 AM

Isn't there a switch on the dash, left of the steering wheel. You can just switch it off. I don't have my key either. It's in a million pieces on my desk.

turbogs300 01-19-06 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tramix
Isn't there a switch on the dash, left of the steering wheel. You can just switch it off. I don't have my key either. It's in a million pieces on my desk.

No! I believe that only turns off the keyless. You'll need to find the disarm wire in the drivers door and ground it. :cool:

Abear 01-19-06 02:03 PM

Whenever I flip that switch the alarm and everything still works and the keyless works too, just when I lock and unlock I dont hear the 1 and 2 beeps. It may be differenet on the pre 96' models. Also, I looked through the manual and all I could find was a fuse for the hazards and the horn. If you want that disabled then its fuse 20 in the fuse box.
In the fuse box your gonna have 4 rows with fuses on them.

The at the top closet to the cab is gonna have 6 Fuses, The next row is gonna have 9, the next row has 1, and the row at the bottom has 2.

If you want to try this just pull the 6th fuse on the 2nd row closest to the cab.
Good luck.

Tramix 01-19-06 03:16 PM

I guess mine is all messed up cause my alarm never goes off and I don't have a key for it anymore. :p

YaYAReAGs3 01-19-06 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by turbogs300
No! I believe that only turns off the keyless. You'll need to find the disarm wire in the drivers door and ground it. :cool:

is there a site where i can find out where and what color the wire is??

thanks for your guys help!

YaYAReAGs3 01-20-06 06:25 PM

the alarm only dissables when i unlock with a key from the pass side and when i try to unlock with the key from the drivers side door it goes off

turbogs300 01-20-06 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by YaYAReAGs3
the alarm only dissables when i unlock with a key from the pass side and when i try to unlock with the key from the drivers side door it goes off

There's your problem, check the drivers door key unlock switch. :cool:

YaYAReAGs3 01-20-06 07:21 PM

it unlocks it just makes the alarm go off

turbogs300 01-20-06 07:30 PM

it unlocks it just makes the alarm go off

Correct, because the key unlock disarm switch is probably bad or disconnected.. :cool:

YaYAReAGs3 01-20-06 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by turbogs300
Correct, because the key unlock disarm switch is probably bad or disconnected.. :cool:

sorry about all these questions..im new to these cars where can I find the dissarm switch?/take off te door panel?

turbogs300 01-20-06 09:52 PM

sorry about all these questions..im new to these cars where can I find the dissarm switch?/take off te door panel?

Yep, it should be attached to the backside of the key cylinder :cool:

gompka 10-06-08 06:30 PM

If anyone still needs to know grounding the small diameter red wire at the ignition harness will keep your factory alarm coming on.

wowitztai 10-06-08 07:28 PM

just go install aftermarket alarm.