GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Which Wald kit do you guys like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-04, 04:28 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Wald kit do you guys like?

Hey guys,

My mind is already set on which kit to get and I am just curious as to which you guys prefer as well as the reasoning behind it.

Here is the Wald Sportsline

Wald Executive

Thanks guys!

-Bryan
Old 10-13-04, 04:47 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally i like the sportsline, looks nice and aggressive...the executive line looks nice too, if you want that clean look....which one r u getting?
Old 10-13-04, 04:49 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by rpx13
personally i like the sportsline, looks nice and aggressive...the executive line looks nice too, if you want that clean look....which one r u getting?
I'm getting the sportsline for the sole purpose of my black car. The executive kit looks too stock to me and with a black car, it's even worse.

Thanks for you opinion,

Bryan
Old 10-13-04, 05:53 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by LexAristo
I'm getting the sportsline for the sole purpose of my black car. The executive kit looks too stock to me and with a black car, it's even worse.

Thanks for you opinion,

Bryan
whats up bryan for your application id go with the exectutive all the way it will look hott !!!
Old 10-13-04, 08:18 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by lexusondubs
whats up bryan for your application id go with the exectutive all the way it will look hott !!!
Thanks bro, but a black car is really hard to have the executive stand out. heres a VERY good Photoshop Darden did for me. ONce again, thanks alot Darden!!
Old 10-14-04, 04:57 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

I think you should get the exec kit. It will stay with the clean vip flavor you have. A body kit should look natural while enhancing the look of the car, you know when you look at it you should think this should have been an option from oem. Imho the sports line kit makes the car look like an older vw pasat, no offense. Ithink your car looks great now, but would look smokin with the exec kit. What I'm trying to say is classy looks better than overstated styling(imho that is).
Old 10-16-04, 10:54 AM
BRAKATK
Driver

Default Judgment is key

Can Darden make the car with the exec kit black? Then you could see what it looks like in a black car. I like the front of the SPortline and the back of the Exec. I know, I am a bit twisted...

To be honest, I am not that big on any body kits except some of the AB Pfug kits look good to me because they look Lexus-made. IMHO the italian body lines on this car are great as is and should only be accentuated, not overlaid. A lower flat front spoiler and the wings/lips you have, plus the lowering with coilovers are perfect upgrades to my eyes. The big spoiler/side skirts, bumpers, wings etc. tend to blur the designed Gen 1 lines and cause all the makes and models to blend together to me. This car has no straight lines and is not meant to. A make/model should be distinctive to the eye. You should be able to tell what make/model a car is from 200 yards. In classic muscle car terms, this means you can tell a Mustang from a Camaro from a Charger from a GTO immedaitely. For me, if someone says, "nice car, ...what is it?" you are lost.

That being said, you have done nothing but great mods to your car and your judgement on the VIP theme for your car had been perfect so far. I cannot wait to see you car "live" again.
Take it easy.
Old 10-16-04, 04:38 PM
Wald GS

Default Re: Judgment is key

Originally posted by BRAKATK
Can Darden make the car with the exec kit black? Then you could see what it looks like in a black car. I like the front of the SPortline and the back of the Exec. I know, I am a bit twisted...

To be honest, I am not that big on any body kits except some of the AB Pfug kits look good to me because they look Lexus-made. IMHO the italian body lines on this car are great as is and should only be accentuated, not overlaid. A lower flat front spoiler and the wings/lips you have, plus the lowering with coilovers are perfect upgrades to my eyes. The big spoiler/side skirts, bumpers, wings etc. tend to blur the designed Gen 1 lines and cause all the makes and models to blend together to me. This car has no straight lines and is not meant to. A make/model should be distinctive to the eye. You should be able to tell what make/model a car is from 200 yards. In classic muscle car terms, this means you can tell a Mustang from a Camaro from a Charger from a GTO immedaitely. For me, if someone says, "nice car, ...what is it?" you are lost.

That being said, you have done nothing but great mods to your car and your judgement on the VIP theme for your car had been perfect so far. I cannot wait to see you car "live" again.
Take it easy.
Thanks alot for your great input Leo! It is always appreciated! I haven't asked Darden to do the executive in black. I really dont want to spend money on a kit right now so I'm not going to bother with it. heheDid you put the lip wing on?

-Bryan
Old 10-16-04, 10:44 PM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

I agree with you, Bryan, the Executive does look very stock. But I guess it all depends what "look" you are going for. I know for you, you want the VIP look, thus I would choose the Sportsline.

But I have to agree with BRAKATK, I think if you could find a front add-on spoiler (like they have for the 2nd gen), that would make your car look that much sweeter. Your car is so low already, I don't know how much clearance you would have with a bodykit.
Old 10-17-04, 01:12 AM
ZeekGS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by kts_GS3
I agree with you, Bryan, the Executive does look very stock. But I guess it all depends what "look" you are going for. I know for you, you want the VIP look, thus I would choose the Sportsline.

But I have to agree with BRAKATK, I think if you could find a front add-on spoiler (like they have for the 2nd gen), that would make your car look that much sweeter. Your car is so low already, I don't know how much clearance you would have with a bodykit.
Whats going on? i wanted to see if you can help me make my lights all clear like yours?
Old 10-17-04, 10:40 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 51 Posts

looks good ,Go the with this look.
Old 10-18-04, 08:44 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

my vote goes to the excutive line..simple lines..
Old 10-18-04, 09:12 AM
BRAKATK
Driver

No worries B!

No lip...yet. I have been real busy since the EOS show and I had to fix my moonroof first. I will get it on soon and post some pics.
Old 10-19-04, 09:45 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Bryan-

Both are

If I had your car, my tastes run toward the Executive kit. It preserves the original look of the car while adding a subtle body enhancement.
Old 10-20-04, 08:39 AM
BRAKATK
Driver

Default Notice the Rearview Mirror?

This maybe off topic here, but did you notice the size of the rearview mirror on the cars in the photos? Seems like a much larger mirror than my stock one. Does anyone know if there is an alternate mirror? I have always thought the stock one was a bit small and did not give a wide enough view. Aftermarket add-on mirrors trend to look pretty cheezy, IMHO. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which Wald kit do you guys like?