Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Where are all the MN people at?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11, 02:47 PM
2soonJR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DT2k
Nice SC and IS! and good pic
Old 05-18-11, 03:01 PM
2soonJR
Driver

Let me know what you guys think
recorded and edited with my iphone4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImnTGzM86Rw
Old 05-18-11, 09:28 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2soonJR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImnTGzM86Rw
Video looks good!!!
And yeah that's me in the IS at RiceKillers. I hate seeing the car in pictures because it doesn't depict how low she really is.
Old 05-19-11, 12:05 PM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AltezzaIS3
Video looks good!!!
And yeah that's me in the IS at RiceKillers. I hate seeing the car in pictures because it doesn't depict how low she really is.
Get a lip kit. My IS300 was really low when i had a kit on it.

Thats me and my sc300 in the pic also.
Old 05-19-11, 01:20 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

Get a lip kit. My IS300 was really low when i had a kit on it.

Thats me and my sc300 in the pic also.
Thought about it until my friend recieved his "Type R" Lip for his civic which is the one I was looking at because I think it keeps the clean look of the IS300. My whole goal for the car is to make it stand out to the car people, not to the world. Pretty much keep it clean and the type R style does that, and I just happen not to be a fan of the other styles. IMO.

Oh BTW, heres a little story for everyone! Since I just lowered the car, I needed an alignment. Even though the steering wheel was straight, and the car went straight letting go of the wheel, I knew there was still a need to get the alignment done. Waited a week, then went to Imola Motorsports since I knew from all my time spent around there that they had an alignment rack. Well, went there tuesday afternoon, waitd 2 hours....then they came back and said they got it as close as possible but due to seizing of the tie rod ends & the need for camber plates/kit, they werent able to get it perfect, but as close as possible. Well I'm like, no big, I'm pretty sure its not a huge problem. Well I get in the car, jump on 169 and the steering wheel is now slightly off. Not a huge amount but not perfect. Then I noticed that between 50-60 mph the wheel shakes pretty hard, like you can feel it in your seat. Damn. So I call up Imola tell them what happens and they are like, dude we tryed our best, the parts are seized. So I call, Jeff, the alignment guy who is Bloomington to get his opinion....We'll see what he has to say. Lets just hope for the best...

Last edited by AltezzaIS3; 05-19-11 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-19-11, 05:11 PM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thought about it until my friend recieved his "Type R" Lip for his civic which is the one I was looking at because I think it keeps the clean look of the IS300. My whole goal for the car is to make it stand out to the car people, not to the world. Pretty much keep it clean and the type R style does that, and I just happen not to be a fan of the other styles. IMO.

Oh BTW, heres a little story for everyone! Since I just lowered the car, I needed an alignment. Even though the steering wheel was straight, and the car went straight letting go of the wheel, I knew there was still a need to get the alignment done. Waited a week, then went to Imola Motorsports since I knew from all my time spent around there that they had an alignment rack. Well, went there tuesday afternoon, waitd 2 hours....then they came back and said they got it as close as possible but due to seizing of the tie rod ends & the need for camber plates/kit, they werent able to get it perfect, but as close as possible. Well I'm like, no big, I'm pretty sure its not a huge problem. Well I get in the car, jump on 169 and the steering wheel is now slightly off. Not a huge amount but not perfect. Then I noticed that between 50-60 mph the wheel shakes pretty hard, like you can feel it in your seat. Damn. So I call up Imola tell them what happens and they are like, dude we tryed our best, the parts are seized. So I call, Jeff, the alignment guy who is Bloomington to get his opinion....We'll see what he has to say. Lets just hope for the best...

have you thought about the vizage kit? IMO i think that is one of the best lip kit.
Here is an old pic of my car with it
Old 05-20-11, 04:22 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

have you thought about the vizage kit? IMO i think that is one of the best lip kit.
Here is an old pic of my car with it
That looks pretty good, I might look into it a little later after these alignment problems go away....
Old 05-21-11, 01:27 PM
Bezik777
Driver

Hope everyones making it to MW2k11 this year!!!!
Old 05-21-11, 04:49 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the percentage on that tint? and do you get pulled over for it? Planning to tint mines sometimes in the near future.
Old 05-22-11, 07:35 AM
2soonJR
Driver

Originally Posted by two2tone
What's the percentage on that tint? and do you get pulled over for it? Planning to tint mines sometimes in the near future.
35% all around and haven't got pulled over yet *knock on wood*

But I heard that tint shops won't do anything under 50% now cause of the new law, unless you have an prescription saying so.
Old 05-22-11, 12:45 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

35% all around and haven't got pulled over yet *knock on wood*

But I heard that tint shops won't do anything under 50% now cause of the new law, unless you have an prescription saying so.
I live in maple grove and would get pulled over before I pull out of the garage. The cops have nothing better to do than pull over for tints. My dad has 50% on the Mini Cooper and its barely nothing...
Old 05-22-11, 04:30 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in maple grove and would get pulled over before I pull out of the garage. The cops have nothing better to do than pull over for tints. My dad has 50% on the Mini Cooper and its barely nothing...
wow... seriously?
Old 05-22-11, 07:38 PM
simple
Pole Position

Spotted a black IS-F with black wheels on 494 heading south bound, that douche in the silver Hyundai (in front of u) was a *****, dood was on his phone and wouldn't merge over. I was in my white 2011 Honda Pilot when u'd pasted by.
Old 05-22-11, 09:42 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

Originally Posted by two2tone
wow... seriously?
Yeah seriously bro! That's why I just chill out in Minneapolis... Lol

Last edited by AltezzaIS3; 05-22-11 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-03-11, 08:54 PM
simple
Pole Position

Just wanna throw in a few random pics of today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0og6U...=youtube_gdata
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the MN people at?-035.jpg   Where are all the MN people at?-043.jpg   Where are all the MN people at?-024.jpg  

Last edited by simple; 06-04-11 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Where are all the MN people at?