Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

OH2K9 - Huge Lexus Meet - Columbus, OH - June 25-28

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 09:20 AM
dmb359
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow OH2K9 - Huge Lexus Meet - Columbus, OH - June 25-28

OH2K9 is Coming!!

It is a huge gathering of Lexus enthusiasts in the country. We meet up in a central location (Columbus OH) where people have come from Canada, Alabama, Texas, NY,NJ,CT, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconson, Virginia, Tennessee, you name it. People even fly in from the West Coast. This has been a very successful meet for the past three years. Every year it keeps getting bigger and better.

It is a great place to make friends, BBQ, have a beer (and more) talk to other Lexus tuners about their passions, share ideas, and just have a great time for a weekend. I would love to see some finely tuned SC's, GS's, LS's, and ES's come out. Please feel free to PM me about details.

Mark your calendars...

June 25-28th, 2009 - Columbus, OH

For those who have never attended check out a few pics in the galleries on elusivemedia.com/gallery, or in the previous year's threads on my.IS or ISfanatcis.com. We have a great time and meet more cool people every year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOTEL INFO:

The hotel set aside 45 rooms for us to reserve at 79.99/night. There are various room types (1 king, 2 Queens, etc), so the earlier you call, the better chance you have of getting the room type you want. They hold the rooms until May, then they release them to anyone. This is a high demand weekend....so don't procrastinate on booking your room.

Hotel
Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus – Polaris
8555 Lyra Drive Columbus, OH, 43240 - 614.431.5522

For Reservations, ask for the "OH2K9" group rooms.

If there's any issues, ask for Andrea, or her email is CPL@extendedstay.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the basic plan in case you haven't been to this meet in the past.

Thursday, June 25th
* Early birds/coordinators arrive
* Set some stuff up
* Create "command central" at the hotel
* Drink, play, hang by the pool into the wee hours

Friday, June 26th
* More arrivals all day long
* Daytime activities TBA
* Dinner TBA
* Afterhours activities TBA (probably hanging in the parking lot and partying)

Saturday, June 27th
* BBQ at the park (details TBA)
* Games (cornhole for sure, others TBA)
* Raffles
* Photoshoot
* Cruise TBA
* Dinner TBA
* Late night activities (bars & clubs of choice)

Sunday, June 28th
* Awaken at the crack of noon
* Prepare for departure
* Farewell luncheon
* Good-byes to friends throughout the afternoon (sniff)

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED 6/22/09
More details, and locations:

Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus – Polaris
8555 Lyra Drive Columbus, OH, 43240 - 614.431.5522

Highbanks Metro Park (BBQ/Picnic Saturday, starting at 11:30)
9466 Columbus Pike, Lewis Center, OH 43035
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. Go 2.8 miles, turn left onto Columbus Pike/US-23. 0.3 miles, turn right into park. Follow the road back, looking for IS’s.

Alum Creek State Park (Photo Shoot Saturday, following the picnic)
From Highbanks: Left from entrance onto Columbus Pike/US-23. Go 3.4 miles to RIGHT on Lewis Center Rd. Follow for 2.8 miles, past Old State Rd., to the SECOND entrance on left – you will fully round the right hand corner. This is easy to miss, if you have a compass you should be heading SOUTH or very nearly so when you turn. Follow the road back about 0.6 miles. There will be some large parking lots on your left. This is where we will gather and arrange the cars for our photo shoot.
To Hotel: Follow the drive out of the lot to Lewis Center Rd. Turn right and follow about Ό mile to Old State Rd. Turn left, go 3.3 miles to Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 West, go 1.4 miles, turn right on Lyra drive.

Mini-golf/Go-karts/Arcade/Etc.
From Hotel: Turn right out of lot, follow Lyra Drive to the end (less than .25 miles) – right there! Found this when using Google Maps.

Sunoco (closest one, if you want Sunoco 94 Octane)
150 S State St, Westerville, OH 43081
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, right on Polaris Pkwy for 0.6 miles, right onto Orion Place for 0.3 miles, left onto County Line Rd W for 1.9 miles, right onto OH-3/N State St – follow for 1.0 mile.

Krogers
1177 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH - 614.430.2440
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. Go 0.7 miles, turn left onto Sancus. Left into lot behind Kroger.

Whole Foods
‎3670 W Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43235
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, right on Polaris Pkwy, right onto I-71 South. Go 1.7 miles to I-270 WEST (exit 119B), 6.2 miles to Exit 20 (Sawmill Rd.). Turn left, go 0.8 miles to W Dublin Granville Rd, turn left, go 0.2 miles. Not sure if this is on the right or the left.

Car Wash
Platinum Auto Wash
8260 Sancus Blvd, Westerville, OH - (614) 431-2755‎
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. In 0.7 miles, turn left onto Sancus Blvd. Go 0.6 miles (just past Lazelle Rd.), car wash is on the left. Go early, it will get busy. Requires quarters. This is a self-serve wash. You can dry, detail, etc. out back.

Panera
1391 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH - (614) 410-6200‎
Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. About 0.1 on left. Drive past and do a u-turn, then come back to it.

Starbucks
1500 Polaris Pkwy # 2066, Columbus, OH - (614) 885-3888
Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. About 0.2 on left. Drive past and do a u-turn, then come back to it.

Hooters (Friday dinner?)
8591 Sancus Blvd, Columbus, OH - (614) 846-2367
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. In 0.7 miles, turn left onto Sancus Blvd. Go 0.3 miles, on right.

Average Joe’s (Saturday dinner?)
8453 Sancus Blvd, Columbus, OH - (614) 436-0350‎
Averagejoespub.com
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, left onto Polaris Pkwy/OH-750 East. In 0.7 miles, turn left onto Sancus Blvd. Go 0.4 miles, on right (just past Hooters, in an L-shaped strip mall). You can turn right onto Lazelle Rd. then turn right into the parking lot, too.

Beer/Liquor
Corner’s Beverage Shoppe – Polaris
2131 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH - (614) 848-3130‎
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, right on Polaris Pkwy, go 0.8 miles. On right, right next to BW3.

Quaker Steak & Lube (Lunch on Sunday…Atomic Wing Dares Encouraged)
8500 Lyra Dr, Columbus, OH - (614) 430-9464‎
From Hotel: Right out of parking lot, then left.

Columbus Gold (After Hours Entertainment – home of the $2 bill)
5411 Bethel Sawmill Ctr, Columbus, OH - (614) 764-0500‎
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, right on Polaris Pkwy, right onto I-71 South. Go 1.7 miles to I-270 WEST (exit 119B), 6.2 miles to Exit 20 (Sawmill Rd.). Turn left, go 3.0 miles to Bethel Sawmill Ctr, turn right and you are there. Total 11.5 miles, about 15-20 minutes.

Port Columbus International Airport
From Hotel: Left out of parking lot, right on Polaris Pkwy, right onto I-71 South. Go 2.3 miles to I-270 EAST. Go 9.3 miles, merge on right to I-670W/US-62W, follow signs for 1.5 miles. Total 15.7 miles, about 20 minutes

Last edited by dmb359; 06-22-09 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-16-09, 09:29 AM
dmb359
Driver

Here's some pics of previous years:

Old 02-16-09, 03:28 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL@Jeff's car and the blow up doll.
Old 02-17-09, 07:23 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ill be there for sure!!!
Old 02-17-09, 12:40 PM
dmb359
Driver

awesome, would love to see your SC there
Old 02-17-09, 01:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by dmb359
OH2K9 is Coming!! (Brought to you by Lexotic Concepts)

It is the largest gathering of Lexus enthusiasts in the country.
Not to be the party pooper here but that's not entirely correct. We've broken the 100+ car mark for our End of Summer (EOS) meets here in CA for a few years now. Most of our attendees are just from California alone with a small handful from Nevada and Arizona. Here was our most recent EOS v7 back in Sept 08.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...et-eos-v7.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...th-thread.html
Old 02-17-09, 03:32 PM
dmb359
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Not to be the party pooper here but that's not entirely correct. We've broken the 100+ car mark for our End of Summer (EOS) meets here in CA for a few years now. Most of our attendees are just from California alone with a small handful from Nevada and Arizona. Here was our most recent EOS v7 back in Sept 08.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...et-eos-v7.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...th-thread.html

Thats fine, I just copied this from another member's post, we're not trying to compare, lol. We've been getting people from both coasts, the north, the south and canada though, all with IS's, and trying to get a bigger crowd. It's not a competition man

This is a larger than one state meet, the point is to get people from all over, it started out as an IS meet the last couple years, and was a huge IS meet, and we're trying to getting a bigger crowd now. Broader is what we want to see

but I edited it just to make you happy

Last edited by dmb359; 02-17-09 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-17-09, 03:46 PM
Alex L.
Driver

I'm a maybe. Biggu's trying to convince me, but only if I have my turbo in by then.
Old 02-17-09, 03:58 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats fine, I just copied this from another member's post, we're not trying to compare, lol. We've been getting people from both coasts, the north, the south and canada though, all with IS's, and trying to get a bigger crowd. It's not a competition man

This is a larger than one state meet, the point is to get people from all over, it started out as an IS meet the last couple years, and was a huge IS meet, and we're trying to getting a bigger crowd now. Broader is what we want to see

but I edited it just to make you happy
Flipside909 and I support you and all meets promoting the Lexus name. That "Largest Meet" statement has been bandied about for several years now, between the Veteran regional event promoters, East, West, North and South.

It's not a competition, but everyone likes to have bragging rights, hence the reply to your post. At the end of the day we're on the same team, but I think a friendly un-official competition for bragging rights is healthy for growing the Lexus Enthusiast Participation.

Good Luck with your event.

PS - I plan to Fly to an East Coast Event some time soon, but I'm still on the edge which one to go to.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-17-09 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-17-09, 04:17 PM
Skitso-3
Pole Position

Cool

Im down! Hopefully I have my body kit and paintjob! I know that ima still have 2 work thurs&friday so ima leave out friday afternoon and chill till 12 to check in sat. Morn!
So are we keeping this a Lexus only event or is it kool if I post this in detroit scion,motorcity audi, etc?
Old 02-17-09, 04:20 PM
dmb359
Driver

Originally Posted by Skitso-3
Im down! Hopefully I have my body kit and paintjob! I know that ima still have 2 work thurs&friday so ima leave out friday afternoon and chill till 12 to check in sat. Morn!
So are we keeping this a Lexus only event or is it kool if I post this in detroit scion,motorcity audi, etc?
I think you can bring some friends that drive whatever. I know there are other people that have friends coming in other cars, and there are previous owners that will come in other cars. It's still a "Lexus" meet, so I woulnd't promote it another way, but any type of cars are welcomed. So I guess maybe don't post it as an open invititation on another forum, but feel free to bring along any of your friends.
Old 02-17-09, 04:23 PM
dmb359
Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Flipside909 and I support you and all meets promoting the Lexus name. That "Largest Meet" statement has been bandied about for several years now, between the Veteran regional event promoters, East, West, North and South.

It's not a competition, but everyone likes to have bragging rights, hence the reply to your post. At the end of the day we're on the same team, but I think a friendly un-official competition for bragging rights is healthy for growing the Lexus Enthusiast Participation.

Good Luck with your event.

PS - I plan to Fly to an East Coast Event some time soon, but I'm still on the edge which one to go to.
its all good, like I said, I just copied and pasted. I don't care about having the biggest meet, I just want to have people from all over and have a great time....and we've been doing great at that the last couple years.

It isn't my event, its been an ongoing tradition in the IS community for years, so I won't take credit for anything. It is a blast though, and being an entire weekend makes it a great way to get to know lots of other people.

We'll have a ton of east coast people, if there's one meet to fly out to this year, make it to this one.
Old 02-17-09, 06:58 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its all good, like I said, I just copied and pasted. I don't care about having the biggest meet, I just want to have people from all over and have a great time....and we've been doing great at that the last couple years.

It isn't my event, its been an ongoing tradition in the IS community for years, so I won't take credit for anything. It is a blast though, and being an entire weekend makes it a great way to get to know lots of other people.

We'll have a ton of east coast people, if there's one meet to fly out to this year, make it to this one.

In the past 8 years on CL, I estimate that I've organized about 30, medium to large size meets (30 - 100+ cars), so yea I've met a lot of people and made a lot of good friends. That's why I'm considering taking a trip back east.

I'm sure I would have a blast if I flew down, but I'm torn between several of the annual meets that I know are held on the East Coast during the Summer.

I'll def let you know if I decide to drop in.
Old 02-17-09, 10:07 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Not to be the party pooper
dont poop on our party!
Old 02-19-09, 06:51 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in Wisconsin, but may be up for this...

Quick Reply: OH2K9 - Huge Lexus Meet - Columbus, OH - June 25-28