Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Lexus of Madison Wisconsin

Old 12-05-08, 05:25 PM
echelon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus of Madison Wisconsin

So if you take your car to Lexus of Madison don't bother escalating anything to the service manager there. He is one of the most impersonal jerks I've met. I just took our '06 GS300 in there to get the oil changed today and got the worst service from him. The Service writers are great and very friendly so if you don't have to escalate anything it's a great experience.

We just bought our car at the end of October in Chicago so when it came time to get the oil changed I wanted to take it in to the dealer because it was having the dash squeaks all the GS seem to have. I took it in there and while they were writing it up they printed off the service history on the car. Come to find out about 15K ago the previous owner must have hit a curb and smashed up the left front of the car because at around 12/06 the car had the left front ball joint, control arm, bearing and cradle readjusted. Now I worked my way through college as a mechanic and still hold some of my ASE certs so I know what it's like out there. I asked the service writer if I could see the underside of my car because I hadn't been under it and wanted to make sure everything looked ok under there. They were great about it and took me out. Well then I didn't notice but he walked away and a few mins later came out the service manager, hitler himself. He never introduced himself wasn't trying to be nice at all. Just started lecturing me about insurance and how only techs can be back there and I needed to immediately go in the waiting area.
Now since I once was on the other side of that wall as a tech I know it's nothing for a customer to come out and check out the underside of their car, I had it happen many times. You just don't do anything that will have flying parts,etc while he's out there. No big deal.
So I had to promptly go talk to the general manager and explain to him I didn't pay $65 for an oil change to be treated like this. Yes it's $65 for an oil change there.. I could have went to the local toyota dealer paid $30 for an oild change and $6 for a car wash and been $30 ahead without being lectured by someone I didn't even know.

So this may be more of a venting but I thought I'd just let everyone know what to be prepared for if they take their car there.
Old 12-29-08, 04:56 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks, man. I go to Bergstrom Lexus in Appleton and am treated like gold every time.
Old 01-05-09, 07:32 PM
echelon
Driver

Where do you live? I'm wondering if the drive from Madison to Appleton would be worth it.
Old 11-15-11, 10:35 PM
PMacvilay
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear, I go to Lexus of Madison (which is actually in Middleton) all the time and I don't ever have a problem with them.