Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

How to Save on Airplane Flight Tickets!!

Old 01-09-15, 03:14 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default How to Save on Airplane Flight Tickets!!

Here are a few tips in a nutshell to help you save on buying airplane flight tickets.

Use a tool - Kayak and SkyScanner will compare prices for you

Tuesday / Wednesday 1am - is the time that tickets are cheapest. If you cannot nail these times, flights are known to be generally cheaper in the hours regular people are sleeping

Use Incognito Mode - Use incognito or clear your cookies. Some flight sites purposely raise their price each time you visit them.

July is expensive - if you have the option, travel in August

Choose the first flight out - you may need to wake up early, but this should give you a lesser chance of the flight being delayed from previous flights

Book as an individual - If you book as a group, the flight will try to charge you the higher price to everyone in the group

Set an alarm to checkin - for 24 hours before the flight. Some airlines like Southwest will give you a better seat for doing this

Choose a Seat - Some flights allow you to pick a seat, see seatguru or seatexpert to see which seats are the best for your plan

Always google your favored airline for any discount codes.

I can vouch for this as I have followed some of these rules and was able to score a better price by as much as $150!

Enjoy!!
Old 01-09-15, 06:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

great tips . I knew about the late night purchasing and I can say that it's definitely true buying tickets early am