Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Discounts for Active Military and Vets

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-13, 10:51 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Discounts for Active Military and Vets

Discovered a few months ago that Chase Bank and a few others are offering free services to vets and active military. https://www.chase.com/online/militar...y-personal.htm

Free personal and business accounts, checks, and safe deposit boxes, plus a list of free banking services are available. You have to go to the bank and present your Military ID or DD214 papers. I understand that other banks are now offering similar discounts, but may not advertise them widely - you're going to have to ask.

Verizon Wireless and some other carriers offer 10% - 15% discounts on services and products. Like the free banking services, these discounts may seem small, but when applied to your monthly bills, it can add up quickly over the period of a year.

A number of restaurants, stores, and retail businesses offer similar discounts of 10% - up to 15% to active, retired service members, and vets. Jack in the Box currently offers a flat 10% on any purchase. Wendy's and others are offering similar programs, but again, it pays to ask. I carry a reduced copy of my DD214 printed on a business card (singlefold) piece of photo paper in my wallet, but so far, except for the bank, I've never been asked for proof of service.

Be very careful of "Veteran's Service" organizations that require an annual fee to join their discount program. The discounts they list are available to any veteran or service member . . . you don't have to PAY for your discounts.

Last edited by Lil4X; 06-05-13 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-06-13, 05:27 PM
maxx430
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

+1..best deal are home depot, lowes, auto zone, kragen / oreilly....10% off. Dont forget footlock gives 20% off.
Old 06-25-13, 05:01 AM
USNsaint71
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quizno's gives military discounts as well. only like 5 or 10 % but still better than nothing.

-USNsaint71