Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

40% off Hertz rental + free tank of gas after codes!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-08, 05:47 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Emails..

Originally Posted by cpone
FYI I tried this in NYC JFK.
Surprisingly there is no Kiosk at that location.
So I was forced to try and charm my way at the counter, but you need to have an ID or an email from the person you know at Hertz to that location.

Luckily my connections at Enterprise MATCHED my rental from Hertz.
FYI Enterprise will match your rental from any other agency.

I did it and got a Altima 4 door for like 70 bucks for 4 days. WOOOT!
Love Enterprise!

If you look a few pages back you will see I included Hertz employees Emails with names.
Old 12-13-08, 11:36 PM
chinkster
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=5gears-IS;3666291]
Originally Posted by sleeper408
OK.... I just booked with Hertz along with my Southwest flight.

Guys, the promotion code shows up "Hertz Family Member." Will they ask any questions regarding this upon arriving?

So far (this from the site I got this deal) no one has been asked but if they do just use any of the names listed below

BERACHA BARRY H Director
BERQUIST CARL T Director
BROOME RICHARD D Officer
BURGESS CLAUDE B III Officer
CONWAY WILLIAM E JR Director
DAVIS ROBERT W Officer
DOUGLAS ELYSE Officer
DURHAM MICHAEL J Director
FOTI RICHARD J Officer
FRISSORA MARK P Officer
KAPUR JATINDAR Officer
KENNEDY BRIAN J Officer

Some are using the self-service kiosk online check in with Hertz, this bypasses dealing with the Hertz employees. They send you a print out via email (with confirmation barcode) in it it says that all you have to do is just go and show your license and credit card to Hertz people and that's it

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/byr/i...nited%20States

Also use: PC# 924932 for a free extra day
please edit the original post and add this under it. would be of great help cuz most of us dont read through every single page.
Old 12-14-08, 11:10 PM
808_JDM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks but does anyone know the location of the kiosk at SFO. I fly in on christmas night and kind of dont want to be searching everywhere for it after a 6 hour flight,lol. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-08, 02:04 AM
chinkster
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 808_JDM
Hey thanks but does anyone know the location of the kiosk at SFO. I fly in on christmas night and kind of dont want to be searching everywhere for it after a 6 hour flight,lol. Thanks in advance.
sorry man even though im from san francisco i somehow stumbled my way into the gold member customer service area and had to pay full stroke for my rental. maybe just go ask one of those hertz fools at the airport?
Old 12-15-08, 05:57 PM
carofchoic
Driver

i got it to work at the counter just by playing stupid. i did everything online and when hertz called to verify everything and get my cc info nothing was asked. when the local hertz called me they told me that i have to have drivers license, cc, and family card. i was like "what is that?" he explaned so i told him a story of how i got the code. i told him that i had a complaint from the last time i rented so i called the main office and talked to some lady. i then told the local hertz that she talked to someone else while i was on hold and this is the code they gave me. i had one of the names on the list above just incase but they never asked for it. all the local hertz guy did was give me the 40% discount but without the code. maybe it will work for others.
Old 02-13-09, 11:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm going to try to use this for my trip to Supra TX2K9 in a couple weeks. Will try to get a vette lol. My backup plan is with Avis through my company in case Hertz doesn't work out. There's a kiosk where I'm going so we'll see what happens.
Old 03-02-09, 01:44 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hertz Corporate sent out an email to all of its stores due to this number being released. They are SUPPOSED to check the name you give them on their Intranet. If your last name doesn't match it throws up a red flag and they are supposed to call the particular person to verify you are related to them.

I have the Family card, and the only place I have ever had to show it was in SFO. They asked who I was related to and I gave them the name, but they didn't call.

Some of my most recent trips.

Denver - Didn't ask for card
Phoenix - Didn't ask for card
San Francisco - Asked for card.
Ft. Lauderdale - Didn't ask for card
NYC - Didn't ask for card

Jonny
Old 03-02-09, 09:51 PM
808_JDM
Driver

Hey Jonny,
Thank for that info. I have a couple questions on SFO. Where is the kiosk in SFO, and what happens if you just use the kiosk and not a representative? Thank you for your time.
Will
Old 03-03-09, 01:36 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 808_JDM
Hey Jonny,
Thank for that info. I have a couple questions on SFO. Where is the kiosk in SFO, and what happens if you just use the kiosk and not a representative? Thank you for your time.
Will
Will,

Are you a Gold Club member?

There isn't a kiosk - you have to take the train to the rental car area. Being a Gold card member, I usually can just walk straight to the car area and my name is on the board. However, they didn't put my name on the board there because they wanted to see my Family Card.

If you are trying to use the Family discount at SFO I think you may be out of luck...

Jonny
Old 03-03-09, 11:51 PM
808_JDM
Driver

Jonny,

Thank you for the quick reply, I am not a gold member through Hertz. I rarely use hertz. This whole time I thought SFO had a kiosk, well thats what I got off the website. I was going to use the Family Discount for a friend, so I did not have to lend him one of the cars at our SFO house, hahaha.

I guess I am S.O.L. with this one. I thank you for the info regarding this discount. Have yourself a good one.

Aloha,
Will
Old 03-11-09, 08:24 PM
Eggrollman
Driver School Candidate

I tired to book tonight for my Houston Trip and it shows that I put the Friends and Family discount but it does not show the 40% off at all. I think it has changed or maybe I am a DumbA$$ or something. Let me know
Old 03-12-09, 02:08 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eggrollman
I tired to book tonight for my Houston Trip and it shows that I put the Friends and Family discount but it does not show the 40% off at all. I think it has changed or maybe I am a DumbA$$ or something. Let me know
Could be one of several reasons.

1. The car is in a Collection that doesn't give the discount (Escalade/Corvette etc.)
2. They have changed the code...

Jonny
Old 03-26-09, 01:51 AM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

I think the code got flagged. I used the code on my recent trip to Orlando and it got flagged.
Old 03-26-09, 03:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
I think the code got flagged. I used the code on my recent trip to Orlando and it got flagged.
Dag, well guess it was fun while it lasted......