Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Planning a trip to Orlando - recommendations for a parts shops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 03:32 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Planning a trip to Orlando - recommendations for a parts shops?

I'm coming to Orlando (all the way from Ontario, Canada - 1600 miles or so) to finally do the theme parks pilgrimage (Universal Studios etc). This of course includes my spouse and my sons (ages 14 and 17). This will be our first time ever doing this. Still researching and getting prepared - (where to buy tickets for the theme parks etc).

We've booked a two bedroom unit at Orange Lake Resort River Island for Dec. 29 to Jan. 5. Unless someone here has a nice time-share (or rental property) in the area that is better than this.

I want to buy a suspension replacement (tmf2004 suggested - Nf or DF springs... DF are lower with KYB's or possibly Tokico shocks/struts.... ) for my GS400 (will not be driving it to Florida, but will be coming in my truck - 4Runner) to take back with me.

Any recommendations for a shop I can get the suspension from in Orlando?

Also any recommendations for a good home electronics store? I want to get a decent projector to complete my home theater system.

It would also be nice to meet some of you too if you guys have any meets planned at that time of the year.
Old 11-24-13, 07:15 AM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't even waste my time going into any shop... all you'll get is an overpriced product. Do your research and order from a trusted supplier. I've ordered everything from ebay. I always try to purchase from gold star American suppliers. Never had a problem
Old 11-24-13, 07:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by AtlasLS400
I wouldn't even waste my time going into any shop... all you'll get is an overpriced product. Do your research and order from a trusted supplier. I've ordered everything from ebay. I always try to purchase from gold star American suppliers. Never had a problem
Is there a rental mail box where I could ship the parts to in Orlando? Part of the reason why I want to pick up the parts in the US is because we get shafted on customs/duties and taxes when parts are shipped directly to Canada.
Old 11-24-13, 10:09 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hameed
Is there a rental mail box where I could ship the parts to in Orlando? Part of the reason why I want to pick up the parts in the US is because we get shafted on customs/duties and taxes when parts are shipped directly to Canada.
Realistically, one of the members here might be nice enough to just let you "borrow" their mailbox and just let you order it to their house to come pick it up. Do I think it's likely? Probably not, but ask around.
Old 11-24-13, 02:45 PM
AzNBriaN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call up Invision Autohouse they arent too bad on prices. I would see about just googling around.... some shops do price match or beat competitor prices if you let them know.
Old 11-25-13, 03:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

whats up hameed , im sure you remember me sir

too bad you are not coming further south as i would let you ship to my home for pickup but im 3 hrs south of orlando
Old 11-25-13, 06:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by AzNBriaN
Call up Invision Autohouse they arent too bad on prices. I would see about just googling around.... some shops do price match or beat competitor prices if you let them know.
Found everything I need on Amazon.com. Now I just need to find a parcel receiving place to have them delivered in Orlando.

These are either the front or back shocks:
KYB 341267 Excel-G OE Replacement Shock : Amazon.com : Automotive KYB 341267 Excel-G OE Replacement Shock : Amazon.com : Automotive

The other side -
Amazon.com: KYB  341266 Excel-G OE Replacement Shock: Automotive Amazon.com: KYB 341266 Excel-G OE Replacement Shock: Automotive

Springs -
Amazon.com: TANABE DF210 Lowering Springs Lexus GS400/430 98-05: Automotive Amazon.com: TANABE DF210 Lowering Springs Lexus GS400/430 98-05: Automotive

Originally Posted by lexforlife
whats up hameed , im sure you remember me sir

too bad you are not coming further south as i would let you ship to my home for pickup but im 3 hrs south of orlando
How can I forget you my friend! Too bad you're 3 hours away man!

That would be Miami right? Yeah, I'm not sure if we'll go that far yet. Would have loved to meet up with you and go for a spin in your turbo monster! How can I convince you to drive up to Orlando? I'll buy you dinner at some fancy place.
Old 11-25-13, 06:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Hey Hameed, not sure of your route back home but welcome to get it sent here and pick up if you come by Charlotte.
Old 11-25-13, 07:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Hey Hameed, not sure of your route back home but welcome to get it sent here and pick up if you come by Charlotte.
Hey Dave, great to hear from you! Our route takes us right through NC.

Here's our route -

On the way down we're staying at the Holiday Inn on 939 North Carolina Avenue, Statesville, NC 28677.

And on the way back home, we're staying at the Holiday Inn on 1994 Carrollton Pike, Hillsville, VA 24343

We setup the stops so that we drive longer on the first day driving down as well as the first day driving back.

That's very generous of you. If you could PM me your address, I will go ahead and order the parts listed above. There are a couple of other small things (some parts for a BBQ, a watch and some car polish).
Old 11-25-13, 09:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Hey Hameed, you are driving within 3 miles of the house and welcome to stay here if timing works out.

Will figure things out via PM
Old 11-28-13, 04:58 AM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

I stay in Jacksonville, Florida. .. 10 min off of 95. I wouldnt care if you sent the parts over here. Somebody is always home.
Old 11-28-13, 06:14 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another suggestion would be to order the parts from Titan Motorsports since they're located in Orlando. Hit up Sean at 407-447-5680 if you decide to..
Old 11-29-13, 04:24 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Another suggestion would be to order the parts from Titan Motorsports since they're located in Orlando. Hit up Sean at 407-447-5680 if you decide to..
Thanks, I already bought everything on Amazon.com and they're almost at their destination - Dave's place.