Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Showdown in Otown II Oct. 2013-Orlando,Fl

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 04:38 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Showdown in Otown II Oct. 2013-Orlando,Fl

Well members, your voices have been heard and we have initiated the rejuvenation of the “Club Lexus Family”! At the request of Old/New members alike with the help of Lexus of Orlando/Titan Motorsports/Ultimate Auto/Vossen Wheels/Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown and Club Ember Downtown, we invite you all to Orlando, Florida on October 18-20, 2013 for a fun filled weekend titled “Showdown in O-Town II”!

This (3) day event will take place at several different venues highlighting the best of what Orlando has to offer for car enthusiast from custom speed and turbo modifications to elaborate high end auto creations. This event will be open to all Lexus/Supras/Toyota/Scion as well as a day included for all you Ruckus riders out there. It is our wish that all members will enjoy the events and have a great time meeting old/new friends while being safe in the process.
Here is a breakdown of what we have planned for the weekend of activities?

*** (Proposed Itinerary is subject to change and is weather permitting!)***

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday - Oct.18th - Meet/Greet Night

(3:00pm) Hotel Registration Check -In Begins

Crowne Plaza : Orlando : Downtown-
304 W.Colonial Drive
Orlando, Florida 32801

(407) 843-8700

Group Rate: Refer to “ClubLexus” $99.00/per night + tax.
The booking code is CL1 and reservations can be made at 1-888-295-7563.
Guest can also make reservations by using the following link:
http://resweb.passkey.com/go/CL1

Hotel Parking

Hotel parking is not included, but gives you the option to choose (24hr) Valet service parking @ $18.00 per night w/ unlimited access or overnight self- parking reduced from ($15.00) to ($8.00) per day.

Security
The parking area of the hotel is gated with a security guard on duty overnight as well as a Valet attendant available 24 hrs. a day.

(Member Registration)

(3:00pm-11:00pm) The registration room (TBD) will open!

(7:00pm-11:00pm) The Hospitality Room will officially open with refreshments for registered members only!

All members who provided your needed info to this thread, consider yourself pre-registered for the weekend, however we still need you to come by the hospitality/registration room to check in for needed materials such as (i.e., payment/ gift bags/wristbands/ raffle tickets/etc.)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Registration fee for each member will be $20.00!!!
It includes the following:

-Access to all venues: (Hospitality Room w/refreshments for (Fri./Sat.) night, Titan Motorsports- Dyno Shoot Out, Ultimate Auto-BBQ/Bikini Car Meet, No Cover Charge @Club Ember (21+) (Fri./Sat), and Lexus of Orlando Car Show)

-Complimentary Gift Bags-(1 per registered member w/limited quantities on a first come/first serve basis)

-Official “Showdown in O-Town” T-Shirt

-A meal ticket for Saturday BBQ-(Smokey Jay’s BBQ)

- A wristband for Lexus of Orlando Car Show “VIP” Area! (Issued Sunday at Roll-In for Car Show Participants-Only!-(Lexus/Toyota/Supra/Scion-Only!)

(11:00pm-Until)- “A Night on the Town” Club Lexus Kick Off Meet/Greet@Club Ember Downtown
Members will be admitted into Club Ember “Free” with No Cover with of age (21+) ID and using the key phrase “ClubLexus”! Members are asked to patronize Club Ember with food/drinks and after doing so; members can stay or venture to a club in the downtown area of their choice?

There will be a free complimentary shuttle van that runs from the Crowne Plaza to any venue in the downtown area until midnight for registered guest! Taxis are recommended after hours.

Saturday - Oct.19th (Morning-Part 1) Titan Motorsports : “Dyno Shoot Out”

(7:00am-9:00am) Member Registration Re-Opens@Hotel Hospitality Room

(8:00am-8:30am) Line-up/Roll Out to Titan

(8:30am-9:00am) Depart Hotel and Arrive at Titan

(9:00am-1:00pm) “Dyno Shoot Out”

The Dyno Shoot Out cost for (3) pulls per car will be $50.00 per vehicle. Payment for participants can be made the day of the event at Titan. It is our goal in mind to have (3) Lexus and (3) Supra trophies awarded to the top three in each category? Due to us being on crunched time, space will be limited, so sign up early and be ready to go?

-Members will be offered a Tour of Titan Motorsports Facility in small groups of (15-20) at a time.
-Awards will be announced at Ultimate Auto BBQ Meet/Greet

(Planned Route)

This entire event will be captured on videotape/photography by JAM Creations, with a flying helicopter equipped with a camera for aerial footage of the event.

If you plan to be in the video please be at the hotel by 8:00 or on the route near Concord Street?

Downtown Crowne Plaza Hotel line up will be on Concord Street facing (East) towards Hughey Avenue. It would be nice to have all makes and models line-up together as a group? We will depart at 8:30- to make it to Titan Motorsports by 9:00? We will head (South) on Hughey Avenue to I-4 West! There will be a videotaped photographer there at the intersection of South St/Hughey Ave., at the on ramp to I-4, so be ready! The convoy will continue (West) to the (528) Beeline Expressway (East) to the Jetport Drive exit. We will continue (East) to Boggy Creek Road and turn right to go (South) to Titan!

The return route will be the same and we will exit (I-4 East) on South St., to head (West) to OBT. We will make a right onto OBT and head (North) to Colonial Drive, where we would make a (right) and the entrance to Ultimate Auto will be on the right!

All Lexus/Supra/Toyota’s/Scions will be parked up front and all others will be in the gated parking area off of Westmoreland Drive.

(Something for the Ladies!!!)

My wife (Pamela) has volunteered to take a group of ladies shopping, to the Premium Outlets in Orlando on I-Drive for those interested in spending thier husbands/significant others money as they play with cars! A sign up sheet will be in the hospitality room for those wanting to go on a first come first serve basis for a (15 passenger van)? The van will leave the Crowne Plaza hotel around 9:30 and return to the hotel at 1:30 and passengers will be dropped off at Ultimate Auto to join the activities there.

(1:00pm) Depart to Ultimate Auto BBQ Meet

(1:00pm-6:00pm) (Evening-Part 2) Ultimate Auto - BBQ Car Meet/Bikini Contest

(12:00pm-1:00pm) Roll-In

Parking
All Lexus/Toyota/Scion vehicles will be parked in the front lot area of (U/A) and all other makes and models will park in the rear fenced area adjacent to the spectator parking lot off of Westmoreland Ave., unless invited by (U/A) as a guest vehicle. All Ruckus riders will park in the front gated area near the BBQ and vendor area.

Meal for BBQ Meet

Registered members will be issued a wristband for Saturday BBQ Meal-(Smokey Jay’s BBQ), which will give you the choice of a piece of Chicken or a Pulled Pork sandwich, along with fries, baked beans and a drink as your paid registered meal for the day. Members wanting additional food can purchase it at their own expense.

(12:00-2:00)BBQ Meet/Greet Car Meet

(2:00-3:00) Tour of (U/A) Facilities by (U/A) Staff

(3:00-4:00)Ruckus Demo/Presentation

(4:00-5:00) Bikini Contest Begins/Raffle Items and Awards Issued (Sponsored by Vossen Wheels)

(5:00-6:00) Photo Shoot with Models

(6:00) Depart (U/A)

(7:00-11:00) Back at Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando
**Hospitality room w/ refreshments will re-open for registered members only! **

(11:00-12:00)- There will be a free complimentary shuttle van that runs from the Crowne Plaza to any venue in the downtown area (Club Ember Downtown) until midnight! Taxis are recommended after hours.

(Sunday Route)

We will be departing the hotel for Lexus of Orlando on Concord Street to Amelia St... We will take Amelia (East) to Garland Ave and head (North) to Colonial Drive to travel (East) to (436/Semoran Blvd.). We will take Semoran Blvd (North) to University Drive and turn right. We will proceed in the left turn lane to Driggss Drive and wait for instructed parking at Lexus of Orlando!

(Sunday Oct. 20-Lexus of Orlando Showcase-“It’s Your Move Event”!)

-Members are asked to take care of hotel expenses the night before, (Saturday if possible) so check out won’t hold us up from rolling out together!!

(10:30-11:30) Line-up for departure to Lexus of Orlando

(11:00-1:00) Roll-In Begins at Lexus of Orlando-(Lexus/Toyota/Supra/Scion-Only in Show area!

*All other makes and models are asked to park in the general parking area!*

(1:00-2:00) Tour of Lexus Dealership by Staff

-Test Ride and Drive (IS/GS/LS)!

-Lexus Line of vehicles on Display with Sales person available for questions and brochures.

- Free Food/Drinks will be available for all guests that attend this event at the dealership! Spread the word and show up for a great time!!

*All Lexus/Toyota/Supra/Scions that attend this event on Sunday and display thier car in the Car Show, will be issued a "VIP" wristband for a special treat seperate of what the general public will recieve? It will be to your benefit, to show up on Sunday and enter the Car Show! Trust me on this one! (Come Thirsty/Hungry!)*

(2:00-4:00) Show Car Judging Begins

*There will be awards issued for 1st-3rd in each model category for; IS/SC/GS/LS/TOYOTA/ Supra/Scion and a Best of Show awarded!

Just Announced- $500.00 Awarded to the Best of Show Winner!

(4:00-5:00) Awards Ceremony-(Sponsored by Lexus of Orlando)

(5:00) Commencement of events/Depart dealership

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Just got news that Lexus of Orlando will be awarding prize money to the Best of Show in the amount of $500.00, including other great raffle items!! Let's spread the word and have a nice turnout! A lot of effort and time was put into this event to make this a memorable event that could possibly turn into an annual event, if we turnout in great numbers? Spread the word to all Lexus/Toyota/Scion/Supra owners you know that would potentially like to come check out this event! Contact all your Facebook/Instagram/Myspace and all other social media friends to come out and support this event! We hope to see you there!

Don't forget to register for your rooms if you haven't already and also come by the hotel to get your registration information! Continue to check the first page daily as we are constantly trying to improve this event to make it enjoyable for everybody!

(Registered Members List from CL and Supraforums!)

(1) Darrell - Wringo - Orlando, Florida
(2) Jerome - Wicked SC - South Fl
(3) Terry - TeeLex - South Fl
(4) Eric - P.R.S.S.22 - Jacksonville, Fl
(5) John - LRD - South Florida
(6) Mike - 1Sick LEX - South Fl/GA
(7) - Lextrd016 - South Fl
(8) Ed - LexforLife - South Fl
(9) - genaos11 - Orlando, Fl
(10) Richard - 98$C300 - South Fl
(11) Wayne - wayne - South Fl
(12) Roger & Wife - blk&blu*j - Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
(13) - Dew - South Fl
(14) - scviolence - Orlando, Fl
(15) Pedro - 97SCBOY - South Fl
(16) Shawn - lexusondubs - Clearwater,Florida
(17) Chris - xspsi6 - Leesburg, Fl
(18) Josh - PeekRepeat - Orlando, Fl
(19) - BoostenSC4 - South FL
(20) - BenztoLex - Atl, GA
(21) - Diego@Vossen - South FL
(22) - NERD42 - South FL
(23) - Rob Daddy - ATL, GA
(24) Javed - IAMJAVEDG - S FL
(25) - Trini GS - ATL,GA
(26) - xspsi6
(27) - Torque - South FL
(28) Jessica - Supragirl93 - Orlando,Florida
(29) - Airhead04 - Kissimmee,Fl
(30) - Bradis2jz - Orlando,Fl
(31) Dexter/Wife - dexlex2002 - South Florida
(32) - SuthrnGent - Stuart/Orlando
(33) David - dags07 - Weston,Fl
(34) Bob - bob4256 - Weston, Fl
(35) Ryan - iryan - South, Fl
(36) - IS_Sunny - Orlando, Fl
(37) - GGPIS3 - Atl,Ga
(39) Kris - Blkdout430 - Orlando,Fl
(40) Thumper - Thumper pup - Boca Raton, Fl
(41) Ray - Baadhabit - Orlando,Fl
(42) Galen - Touge2jz - Delray Beach, Fl
(43) Scott - Kaldes - Orlando,Fl
(44) Saul - Black3gs - Boynton Beach,Fl
(45) Rome - rome99LS - Atlanta, Ga.
(46) Jim - A1Lexis - Destin,Fl
(47) Navin - Navink - Kissimmee,Fl
(48) Uncle Jitty - CJitty - ATL,Ga
(49) Tee - Tee - ATL,Ga
(50) Eric - Lexizm - ATL,Ga
(51) Justin - FreshIS250 - ATL,Ga
(52) Ryan - SC400TT - Sanford, Fl
(53) Allen - Rasimmo - Orlando, Fl
(54) Angel - orlredmk3 - Longwood, Florida
(55) Seth - oztiks - FL
(56) Angel - Angelgs - Deltona, FL
(57) JJ - Jay Squared - Lake Mary, FL
(58) Chris - DaClutch (A70BoosTFienD) - Orlando
(59) Greg - G9N - Gainesville, FL
(60) Oscar - F4A22- Bartow,Fl
(61) Kerby - Derpy-Fl
(62) Tommy - Simple SC - St. Pete
(63) Juan - juicij36-IS - Tampa,Fl
(64) Shawn - Lexusondubs - LS460 - Clearwater,Fl
(65) Sholexman - GS400 - Palm Harbor, Fl
(66) Dons07 -
(67) April - Lirpa713 - Orlando
(68) Michael - matk25 - Orlando
(69) Nick - 941tuned - Bradenton, FL
(70) Mike - Usoff89 - Jacksonville Fl.
(71) Justin- Back2aday- St augustine Fl
(72) Sarah - SPLiFFY - Orlando, FL
(73) Mario-Just IS-Miami,Fl
(74) IScorpion-Orlando,Fl
(75) SnowIs300-Fl
(76) dc893-Central Florida
(78) K2sInteg98-Fl
(79) blk&blu*j2-MK3-South Fl
(80) AtlasLS400-J-Ville,Fl
(81)Thumper28-Fl
(82) Scott-Lexigo400-Orl,Fl
(83)Ys88q7-Orl,Fl-LS460
(84)SB Lexus-LS460-Orl,Fl
(85) IS3Vietboi-IS300-Orl,Fl
(86) GTS24V-Orl,FL
(87) AznRacer
(88)-ISPete
(89)-Stanced-IS
(90)-Bacon22-Fl
(91)- Jaysqaured- Fl
(92)-Stratman3-Fl
(93)-Mitchyfoo-LS460-Orl,Fl
(93) Ben-WompWomp-Orlando,Fl

Last edited by Wringo; 10-19-13 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-14-13, 05:51 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great weekend line up Wringo!!
Old 01-14-13, 07:09 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Wringo! OTown in 'O'tober
Old 01-14-13, 07:32 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in as always for anything in Orlando. Should be a great weekend for both the guys down south and the Orlando crews to get together and enjoy a fun filled weekend.
Old 01-14-13, 08:56 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in as well. I'll hit you up you tomorrow. The planning is top notch . It's gonna be a fun fulled weekend ,definitely down for the ride ...
Old 01-15-13, 03:28 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great weekend line up Wringo!!
Looking forward to seeing you guys in O-Town! Trying to make it a nice weekend for you guy's?
Originally Posted by TeeLex
I'm in Wringo! OTown in 'O'tober
We would love to have you?

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
I'm in as always for anything in Orlando. Should be a great weekend for both the guys down south and the Orlando crews to get together and enjoy a fun filled weekend.
Thanks! Where you been? We miss you at the weekly meets!!

Originally Posted by //LRD
I'm in as well. I'll hit you up you tomorrow. The planning is top notch . It's gonna be a fun fulled weekend ,definitely down for the ride ...
Thanks, John! I'm learning from the best?

Can I get one of you guy's to post this on the Supraforums for me and keep it updated as I change the first page? That will help get the word out to the Supra guy's! Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-13, 03:12 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

We are 100% behind this event, Wringo and I talked extensively and we are proud to be the official wheel sponsor of this event. Leaders recognize Leaders

I will also be getting the Atlanta SELOC guys down as we enjoyed our time in Orlando in the past.

Thanks!!
Old 01-15-13, 09:04 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wringo
Thanks! Where you been? We miss you at the weekly meets!!
Funny enough my fiancé and I moved to Jacksonville a few months ago so sadly I cannot join everyone at Waterford for the meets It sucks because I really miss going out there and seeing everyone including you, Ray, Scott, John, Chris, etc.

The good news though is that once I graduate from grad school next year we are either moving back to Orlando or moving down south to be closer to the Lexus crew over there. Either way its a win/win situation

I still go back to Orlando to see the parents once a month....but this particular event I will make sure to be in attendance as well as any other events Orlando will have before this one
Old 01-22-13, 09:45 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Vehicle Safety at this Event!!!

Many have expressed their concern for the safety of their cars while attending this event? Rest assured that I feel the same way when I travel out of town staying overnight as well. I myself will be staying overnight at the hotel and wouldn't put members in a situation where they wouldn't feel comfortable leaving their cars unattended overnight. The parking area of the hotel is gated with a security guard on duty overnight as well as a Valet attendant available 24 hrs a day. If it makes members that more comfortable and willing to book a room, I'll provide an officer overnight on the property or suit up myself?

The staff at the Crowne Plaza has assured me that our vehicles will be secure and safe, so come on down and rest assured that your car will be safe overnight.
Old 01-22-13, 03:24 PM
Lextrd016
Driver

Wow this sounds awesome!! We just did the meet here in south fla Virginia key.. Which was a blast!!! Ima try to make it out there ill keep checking for info are u booking a hotel where we all can stay?
Old 01-22-13, 04:34 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Hotel?

Originally Posted by Lextrd016
Wow this sounds awesome!! We just did the meet here in south fla Virginia key.. Which was a blast!!! Ima try to make it out there ill keep checking for info are u booking a hotel where we all can stay?
Yes, it's all in place just waiting on confirmation from Lexus of Orlando after the meeting next week(29th)? Keep checking this thread for updates on the first page! Okay! It will be a great weekend!
Old 01-22-13, 04:44 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

D im 100% onboard with you on this just like old times and we've never had a problem in the past with our cars .. D lmk what help i can render
Old 01-22-13, 05:18 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thanks! Spread the Word!

Originally Posted by lexforlife
D im 100% onboard with you on this just like old times and we've never had a problem in the past with our cars .. D lmk what help i can render
Ed, good seeing you yesterday at the VK Meet!! Your presence in Orlando for this weekend would be huge! Keep spreading the word for me!!
Old 01-22-13, 06:16 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweeettttt meet in orlando i be there including I live here !
Old 01-22-13, 08:24 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Sounds like a very good event.my kind of weekend.lets see wuzzup when time gets closer.im down.

Quick Reply: Showdown in Otown II Oct. 2013-Orlando,Fl