Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

clublexus of past

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-12, 09:06 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03SPDESIGN
Yea........ Blame it on Ed! No let's just blame it on Anthony!
We will be discussing this
Old 09-09-12, 09:37 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

That's the thing Ed.....there are more people currently vocal about just finding a space and bring a cooler and some chairs. No need to go through all the legwork at a restaurant especially without confirmed numbers. Hell, even with 20 people at one group of tables it is nearly impossible to to have a discussion somebody on the far end.

My impression is you want to have a discussion with everbody who shows, that great, but based on real life experience, I am less inclined to believe this works BEST in a restaurant setting. If a large group wanted to go after everybody meets up to a place like Jimbo's i'm 100000% on board with that.

I was under the impression from our previous conversation and this thread that the intention was to get everybody together and kinda hash out some future stuff and current grievances. Not a OMG CL MEET BBQ BASH IN THE PARK WHERE ALL THE ISLAND BOYS BRING THE FOOD AND A WHITE GUY RUNS THE GRILL event. Although, those kick *** and are some hilarious memories.

Community requires compromise.

Last edited by shaodome; 09-09-12 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-09-12, 10:17 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I hear you guys about the parking lot thing, but please follow me on this approach to a sit down dinner. if we cant afford 15 or less for a dinner and get club affairs back in order then what's the point.

again I ask please leave out the comments for the time being. please leave out lets do this or that for that's one of the underlying reasons why the club is the way it is.

lets again stay the course and chime in if you support the attempt to get clfl back to its glory days permanently and if you plan to SINCERELY ATTEND. once a small amount of exposure time has passed then we can vote on a date to accomodate all.
Old 09-09-12, 11:30 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys, I'm in favor of letting Ed put this together. It was his idea, let it play out. No need for back and forth banter.
Old 09-09-12, 12:23 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Im down for what ever as long as there is advance time, date, and its local for now. A good couple of us work Monday - Saturday and i can't be taking time off.. Unless after work or in the weekends... It would be nice to see every one get together like old times again. All this hostility before with who and who doesn' t like where we go, and who paid for what and who didn't , and who knows what more than who was getting outta hand already. Everyone is different and everyone has their own opinion on things. It would be mad crazy if we all where the same. Everyone has plans of their own and sometimes our shows and events get in the way where we would have to cancel out at times. It would be nice if everyone would come out, if not most of us. I remember when we use to go to Moroso do Nopi, Import, or what ever shows was going on, with out the CLFL logo and pay what ever it was and we have a good time by the end of the day RAIN or SHINE. Im not gonna lie, i been on the down low my self not trynna spend $$$ working on getting another car as a daily so i can put more time into mines.
Old 09-09-12, 01:12 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
Im down for what ever as long as there is advance time, date, and its local for now. A good couple of us work Monday - Saturday and i can't be taking time off.. Unless after work or in the weekends... It would be nice to see every one get together like old times again. All this hostility before with who and who doesn' t like where we go, and who paid for what and who didn't , and who knows what more than who was getting outta hand already. Everyone is different and everyone has their own opinion on things. It would be mad crazy if we all where the same. Everyone has plans of their own and sometimes our shows and events get in the way where we would have to cancel out at times. It would be nice if everyone would come out, if not most of us. I remember when we use to go to Moroso do Nopi, Import, or what ever shows was going on, with out the CLFL logo and pay what ever it was and we have a good time by the end of the day RAIN or SHINE. Im not gonna lie, i been on the down low my self not trynna spend $$$ working on getting another car as a daily so i can put more time into mines.
well said pedro well said , but please lets reserve this language for the face to face sit down .. everyone who truly cares about a sincere club atmosphere will come and everyone that comes will have their fair share of the floor to vocalize where WE ALL went wrong and also can contribute to coming up with effective solutions going forward hence why i want a TRUE round table setting .. sitting down and eating usually offers a more relaxxed setting whereas points can be made without things hopefully escalating . i need the club together again for something big is being planned
Old 09-09-12, 04:24 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, the whole idea behind this to get from the typical parking lot thing. Let's do something different. The dinner idea is a good one especially if we can find parking. We're trying to get back to the good old days and this something we used to do. Let Ed finish what he started. Us old schoolers are dying to get things back to what it used to be. This would be a great start. Let's pull together as a true car club and make this something special. Let's get Clublexus back to the good old days.
Old 09-09-12, 05:18 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sat down today and thought about how many cars are boosted and how there so different from each other and now I realized that's what made us who we are. Now its about who's the best Tuner, the best ECU, the best way to go with the build. I'm gonna hang out with my RX350 guys and talk about SUV's. I hope all goes well and have a wonderful evening I'll see you guys around.

I'M OUT!!!

Last edited by DINH300; 09-09-12 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-09-12, 05:54 PM
lexusB3
Pole Position

hey i havent been on in such a long time i left my sc in my mother garage and abandoned it .....it all started when i met a few of you in the Mega meet at Jm Lexus when it was HUGE lol a few yearss ago and it motivated me to get a lexus and ride with you guys and i just stop being motivated now reading this i called my mother and told her im comming to pick it up lol and work on it again !!
Old 09-09-12, 06:06 PM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Im new to CLFL, but Im also a little North of everyone (Treasure Coast). I dont know of the past issues, but I know this community has been nothing but supportive to me, and my family.

Get the info together, and if we can, all of us from up here can drive down.
Old 09-09-12, 06:28 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DINH300
I sat down today and thought about how many cars are boosted and how there so different from each other and now I realized that's what made us who we are. Now its about who's the best Tuner, the best ECU, the best way to go with the build. I'm gonna hang out with my RX350 guys and talk about SUV's. I hope all goes well and have a wonderful evening I'll see you guys around.

I'M OUT!!!
thx dinh , real contribution to the cause .. again i ask please leave the extra comments for the get together where you can truly tell us how you feel
Old 09-09-12, 06:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusB3
hey i havent been on in such a long time i left my sc in my mother garage and abandoned it .....it all started when i met a few of you in the Mega meet at Jm Lexus when it was HUGE lol a few yearss ago and it motivated me to get a lexus and ride with you guys and i just stop being motivated now reading this i called my mother and told her im comming to pick it up lol and work on it again !!
this is what im talkin about , we want all those to come back home to CLFL and truly feel as one ..

Originally Posted by SargeISF
Im new to CLFL, but Im also a little North of everyone (Treasure Coast). I dont know of the past issues, but I know this community has been nothing but supportive to me, and my family.

Get the info together, and if we can, all of us from up here can drive down.
thanks my man i am looking forwad to you and the crew from up there coming down
Old 09-09-12, 06:32 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Lmk date and time. I'm game for whatever
Old 09-09-12, 07:24 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

screw a restaurant !!! Why don't we rent PBIR ? My company just rented it for 2 days and it was a blast. Lots of parking , and a fun drive. Also very safe for what we like to do. We can start a pool and maybe setup some type of bracket racing for a payout. If we get enough people it wont be expensive. LMK i have some connections for this.

Old 09-09-12, 09:25 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

the sit down idea is good.whoever has something to say at the meeting (not meet).gets up speaks out.lets it out then on to the next person.
and ideas you have other then a sit down and talk.bring them to the table the day of the meeting.let Ed do his thing.its his idea and plan its his thread show some respect.

Quick Reply: clublexus of past