Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

clublexus of past

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 04:57 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 98$c300
the sit down idea is good.whoever has something to say at the meeting (not meet).gets up speaks out.lets it out then on to the next person.
and ideas you have other then a sit down and talk.bring them to the table the day of the meeting.let Ed do his thing.its his idea and plan its his thread show some respect.
thx rich , this is exactly the plan ..
Old 09-10-12, 06:23 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98$c300
the sit down idea is good.whoever has something to say at the meeting (not meet).gets up speaks out.lets it out then on to the next person.
and ideas you have other then a sit down and talk.bring them to the table the day of the meeting.let Ed do his thing.its his idea and plan its his thread show some respect.
No one is being disrespectful here ! This is an open table discussion.. Now if Ed stated in the OP, Hey guys I want to have a meeting and it's gonna be held on this date at this place . Then it would been disrespectful to chime in with places and dates . .

Lets cut to the chase and name a time and place .
Old 09-10-12, 06:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

again guys , please lets not turn this into he said this but meant that type thing .. again one of the underlying issues thats going on .. internet talking can be a great tool or deadly weapon for its real easy for thoughts and expressions to be misinterpeted .

lets keep this simple and clean , please , no extra comments or back and forth banter ..

its a dinner sit down, not a parking lot thing , i promise to all those who work on the weekends the day will be a saturday but will start well after 99% are done with work ( date and place to be determined shortly as i have to wait on management to iron out details with me for i want certain gurantees) .. if you dont sincerely want to move this back into a true sense of community and dont want to participate in getting back to our roots , thats cool , its your choice , but i for one enjoy cars , i enjoy or lexus and toyota products and most of all enjoy just be around you guys ..

so please just keep your replies short and sweet and mainly who is committed to come and i do mean committed
Old 09-10-12, 07:44 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
again guys , please lets not turn this into he said this but meant that type thing .. again one of the underlying issues thats going on .. internet talking can be a great tool or deadly weapon for its real easy for thoughts and expressions to be misinterpeted .

lets keep this simple and clean , please , no extra comments or back and forth banter ..

its a dinner sit down, not a parking lot thing , i promise to all those who work on the weekends the day will be a saturday but will start well after 99% are done with work ( date and place to be determined shortly as i have to wait on management to iron out details with me for i want certain gurantees) .. if you dont sincerely want to move this back into a true sense of community and dont want to participate in getting back to our roots , thats cool , its your choice , but i for one enjoy cars , i enjoy or lexus and toyota products and most of all enjoy just be around you guys ..

so please just keep your replies short and sweet and mainly who is committed to come and i do mean committed
I have a question then , if we want to go back to the roots of CL , what exactly did you guys do at the meets before this thread ? What is the whole point of going a date ? we can discuss issues civilized on the forum and everyone can put their .02 in now. We always do the same thing , we meet , we eat , we shoot the ***** but we never have any "car " fun. I thought that was the hole point of the car meet. Get some runs in , learn something from other OG guys in here , and look at whats new out there for our cars. Personally i rather take my kids and wife out to dinner. No offense i got mad love for the ones in here i personally know. But the CL I met and always remember is the Okee friday drive. We cant do that anymore because of the cops but im sure we can find somewere safe and just as fun to do it at. That is my .02 i dont need to go to dinner to tell you guys that.

Mario
Old 09-10-12, 08:13 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Mario you have made some great points but keep in mind THIS IS NOT A MEET. this is a sit down round-table type format to address the issues and behaviors that have directly and indirectly led to the dissolving of the "true sense of community " if you really want to know how things were back then, keep a open mind and come to the dinner get together and participate. this is not a meet or a opportunity to showcase and or discuss cars. we are. trying to get back to where we started. hope you can see the perspective and direction as I personally would love to see you there as I always thought of you as a real down to earth Guy.

this CANNOT be done over the internet for to many of us (myself included) have a e -thug lurking within us (keyboard warriors) when we are face to face there's zero opportunity for misinformation and to be misinterpreted.

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-10-12 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-10-12, 08:48 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexforlife
Mario you have made some great points but keep in mind THIS IS NOT A MEET. this is a sit down round-table type format to address the issues and behaviors that have directly and indirectly led to the dissolving of the "true sense of community " if you really want to know how things were back then, keep a open mind and come to the dinner get together and participate. this is not a meet or a opportunity to showcase and or discuss cars. we are. trying to get back to where we started. hope you can see the perspective and direction as I personally would love to see you there as I always thought of you as a real down to earth Guy.

this CANNOT be done over the internet for to many of us (myself included) have a e -thug lurking within us (keyboard warriors) when we are face to face there's zero opportunity for misinformation and to be misinterpreted.
My apologies Ed i missunderstood the objective of the sitdown. I thought it was a meet but its more towards issues we have in the Forum/comunity. I get it now , sorry to deviate the topic.I now have this picture in my head with a Mafia style sitdown kind of like the God Father movie lol.
Old 09-10-12, 10:12 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
.I now have this picture in my head with a Mafia style sitdown kind of like the God Father movie lol.
mario thats funny as hell but yes perfect illustration
Old 09-10-12, 11:49 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

The Knights of the round table.a big a@@ table.
Old 09-10-12, 12:27 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

need more of the members that have disbanded to chime in please ,this truly is your chance to be heard and help towards moving us back to the brotherhood
Old 09-10-12, 01:01 PM
Chemoboost
Driver School Candidate

Guys, I have been a part of CL for about 5 years now. I found a close knit family type vibe when Jerome first told me to come hang out. I'm very disappointed at the very fact that we are all GROWN men and the club has come to where we can't even have civilized conversations. Don't want to start any "opinions", but I AM going with whatever Ed decides on. I AM going to put my opinion on the board. I don't even care if it is a parking lot or a restaurant. The only thing that I ask is that we ALL ACT LIKE MEN. There are a lot of emotions and anger that will be coming into this meeting so I ask, no crap... Personally, after thinking about it, I don't think it's a good idea because we all already know the issues amongst each other and what wasn't made apparent should be left unsaid. To look a man in his face and tell him your negative opinion towards him may not go over well, regardless of the "thick skin" putting on. Eitherway, I commend ED for this step and I am a supporter of anything that is in the positive direction so count me in.
Old 09-10-12, 01:10 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thx marlon for the feedback . no worries on the "face to face "thing getting out of hand .. i have a strategy for that to not happen .. afterall we are all grown men and i know we all know the definition of what being "tactful " means
Old 09-10-12, 02:01 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

So Jimbo's then? It's decided? I'm hungry, hurry the hell up and pick a place.
Old 09-10-12, 02:42 PM
SuthrnGent
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SargeISF
Im new to CLFL, but Im also a little North of everyone (Treasure Coast). I dont know of the past issues, but I know this community has been nothing but supportive to me, and my family.

Get the info together, and if we can, all of us from up here can drive down.
Count me in Sarge! We can all meet up and roll together. And like sarge said, clublexus had been nothing but good to me. I've met tons of cool and knowledgeable people. It would be cool for us new guys to meet the OGs.
Old 09-10-12, 06:48 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Ed, I believe the idea is long over due and look forward to the Air becoming a little more clear with a mutual purpose for the old and hopefully the new that haven't even arrived, to keep our mutual love of cars alive and growing without the barriers that seem to be suffocating the present CLFL.

I'm down just waiting for the time and place
Old 09-11-12, 01:51 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Sounds good.

Originally Posted by SuthrnGent
Count me in Sarge! We can all meet up and roll together. And like sarge said, clublexus had been nothing but good to me. I've met tons of cool and knowledgeable people. It would be cool for us new guys to meet the OGs.

Quick Reply: clublexus of past