Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 05:45 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I miss my juice. Win or lose, malfunction or not.... it was what it was!
Old 08-07-12, 05:52 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
I'm down and I'll turn the controller off

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
No worries, my nissan is going to have my ISFs turbo it on it

We can definitely get that re-run in Mario. 50 is a difficult race for me(too high in 2nd) but we can run each others races. My car should be ready by friday, really just waiting on a few things to come in the mail.

What you only run Supra's with Marines driving, WTF
Old 08-07-12, 07:51 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

We can race Roger... Just dont peddle me too much lmao
Old 08-07-12, 03:03 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

...maaaan...where are all the "high horsepower" cars @??? I hear all this, but RARELY see anyone put their peddle where their mouth is. . .and i'm not talkin ****, just keepin it real. I can't do **** with my 200hp lawnmower, but I can watch!
Old 08-07-12, 04:56 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
...maaaan...where are all the "high horsepower" cars @??? I hear all this, but RARELY see anyone put their peddle where their mouth is. . .and i'm not talkin ****, just keepin it real. I can't do **** with my 200hp lawnmower, but I can watch!
Man please lol
Old 08-08-12, 04:35 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
Originally Posted by japspec
Man please lol
Hes got a point. Im still waiting to see a lot of these big Hp cars put in work on the street. I know mario has been making moes from his last video though
Old 08-27-12, 10:25 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Came across this on youtube. Skip to 1:36

Old 09-03-12, 06:28 AM
fareez541
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the gorgeous car OP. It looks like a dream to drive. i am not sure if i missed it or not. But how much did you spend to build it and get it to the 700 mark? I am interested in getting my car up to that number however i dont want to be spending over 10k after a swap in after market performance parts and tuning and such. I would prefer to drop that cash into an already good SC making 400 or 500. Also great job lexforlife on that build. I see you really know what your doing.
Old 09-03-12, 06:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

RELIABLE hp doesnt come cheap .. once you cross over the 650ish mark , using top shelf parts all around become more critical .. OP had me do a complete ground up build with new interior , gauges , big breaks , bodykit etc etc .. his build is not a common build
Old 09-03-12, 09:10 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

You forgot new drive train, turbo setup, intercooler, piping, stand alone... List goes on. It wasnt cheap as we built a car capable of 1k hp, balanced and blue printed. When he said a ground up build, its literally that. I might have well just brought him a shell
Old 09-03-12, 09:29 AM
Blacknot
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice build. Alpha tuned my SC Nsx. Great guy. I have known him for many years
Old 09-03-12, 11:12 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Nice car OP..Another fine south fl sc. I was trying very hard not to reply to this thread but since i see most my south fl sc buddies at war why not..Its funny how all these 2j sc's think they can beat up on any car out here when my stock e420 daily driver walks away from a certain bpu++ 2jgte with a 75 shot of nos..I can imagine what my 1j will do with some cams on it..I took Roger and Ed's advice last time i met them at towers..My sc has been sitting for a while now but will be out soon...i see clfl is getting back on track with the turbo sc's..Im wondering which clfl member will be my first kill
Old 09-04-12, 06:28 PM
fareez541
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexforlife
RELIABLE hp doesnt come cheap .. once you cross over the 650ish mark , using top shelf parts all around become more critical .. OP had me do a complete ground up build with new interior , gauges , big breaks , bodykit etc etc .. his build is not a common build
Originally Posted by trufanatic
You forgot new drive train, turbo setup, intercooler, piping, stand alone... List goes on. It wasnt cheap as we built a car capable of 1k hp, balanced and blue printed. When he said a ground up build, its literally that. I might have well just brought him a shell
okay, so if that is the case then i am okay. Because i got a fairly cheap sc4 that i want a complete build on. I am working on getting a 1j and fully building the internals. also i want a pretty complete build up too. I am not in a rush because i am fairly young and not much responsibilities atm but i am expecting to have a 600-700 sc and i am willing to throw down around 6k. but now i am looking at it, i think that will just cover parts and no labor :'( its why i am striving to get a number from someone to see whether or not it will be worth it for me a build and boost a car like this.
Old 09-04-12, 09:17 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fareez541
okay, so if that is the case then i am okay. Because i got a fairly cheap sc4 that i want a complete build on. I am working on getting a 1j and fully building the internals. also i want a pretty complete build up too. I am not in a rush because i am fairly young and not much responsibilities atm but i am expecting to have a 600-700 sc and i am willing to throw down around 6k. but now i am looking at it, i think that will just cover parts and no labor :'( its why i am striving to get a number from someone to see whether or not it will be worth it for me a build and boost a car like this.
Dude, my drive train alone was over 6k, not including a clutch. If you get a 1j with a r154 and a good twin disk clutch, you should be able to hit that power mark. Keep in mind, a good condition 1j is going to run you 2500-3k and then you have wiring, without labor youre probably going to be over 4k just prepping the motor to go in. I've learned something very important from owning this car and that is power doesnt come cheap and keeping it together properly is even more expensive.
Old 09-05-12, 06:03 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
Eagle rods are top shelf? I keed I keed....i'm using the same in my build with the bigger pins.

Almost ready for you Ed. The subframe is all welded up and sitting at STP, tires mounted, camber bushings installed....I just need somebody to volunteer a pickup truck again to help me go pick that POS up......

Don't you have a truck and spend a lot of time in the Gym

Quick Reply: RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft