Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 06:30 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
rule of thumb for compression is a 3% increase in torque for every full point of compression. That isn't all that much. Power is made in the head. You aren't going to gain a gobs power from high compression, what you will gain is response both in and out of boost.

What is BARELY 21psi? It is or isn't. LOL.

In my experience the 1j and the 2j tend to make similar power up top (within reason)...just the graphs are in different places as you have to spin the 1j farther to get to the same point.

715whp in 3rd gear of a 6spd and no spin? I take it the car has some sticky drags on it then otherwise that isn't happening

Digging the plenum Let me know when you want to go to mexico Congrats on sticking with it, now lets go have some fun
jordan you crack me up.. ok it was 21.3 on pump gas .. and believe me 3/4/5/6 no spin . its how alpha set it up as i drove it like i stole it and didnt exp anything other than a twitch left and right , squat and go.. as far as testing it out , hes a racer so im sure once it comes back from paint and bodykit and i switch clutch , im sure he would love to try it out in the real world just to see where hes at, but i kid you not its one nasty ***** as it sits
Old 08-03-12, 06:56 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So street tires and 715whp with the shorter gears in the 6spd? Not unless you a running tires wide enough to fit on a 747.

You mentioned boost by speed/gear/whatever.....I would assume it would be sufficiently less boost in lower gears, right?

Glad to hear he is down to run. That's part of the fun! It will be great seeing another SC out there ripping it up.
Old 08-03-12, 07:05 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

So if the car doesn't spin in 3rd gear or 4th gear why would you worry about traction in 5th or 6th!

Also I'm confused cause some of the OP's signature says its a R-154 6th Post 1 of this thread as well as post 7,8,9

Last edited by blk&blu*j; 08-03-12 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 07:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
So if the car doesn't spin in 3rd gear or 4th gear why would you worry about traction in 5th or 6th!

Also I'm confused cause some of the OP's signature says its a R-154 6th Post 1 of this thread as well as post 7,8,9
i installed a 6speed for him with big daddys own 3.26 supra diff .. and jordan all i know is i have driven it , wayne has witnessed it and no spinning present .. i watched alpha set it up and he did it perfectly '
lets just say it works and just welcome andrew into the 700 club period .. he wanted 7 and alpha gave him 715 . it comes into boost fairly quick and holds to redline ..this boost by gear scnerio is just temp until pro efi goes in then he will have real traction control ..then we can give the e-85 the timing it really wants

congrats again andrew
Old 08-03-12, 07:47 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

From my recent experience, not all tuners are equal and i'll leave it at that. Alpha sat in the passenger seat for close to an hour paying attention to how i drive in and out of boost while adjusting the car accordingly. I've taken my car to other people in the past where they strap your car down, throw some numbers at it and then you pay them. This guy not only asked how i drove, he sat and watched and knowing that i have a lead foot and he conservatively held timing back so i wont grenade another motor.

After tune was done, he was on the dyno for close to 30 minutes revving out the car and doing pulls and we thought he was just cleaning up the tuned or something. We took the car for a ride and he said NAIL IT. With anticipation of the car acting like a cat on LSD, i put my foot down in 3rd gear and all she did was twitch and pull hard as crap. I repeated it going from second to third, and flat shifting 4th, and the result was almost the same, she twitches in the rear and but continues to tract straight, absolutely none of the drama associated with the typical high powered 2j drama. I dont know how he did it but he did, Wayne another guy that had his hands in the build got to see if first hand as he was my first kill (s0rry bro) and he told ed the exact same thing.. I think a man that tunes 1500hp supras and is flown around the world and i have to be put on schedule to get tuned with knows a thing or two is all im saying.

btw, im back in the sandbox.

cat on lsd reference;
Old 08-03-12, 07:47 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Ed just rousing you, glad to see the head worked out and yes definitely a big congrats to the OP as it is no fun moving ahead to find out you went backwards
Old 08-03-12, 07:51 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trufanatic
From my recent experience, not all tuners are equal and i'll leave it at that. Alpha sat in the passenger seat for close to an hour paying attention to how i drive in and out of boost while adjusting the car accordingly. I've taken my car to other people in the past where they strap your car down, throw some numbers at it and then you pay them. This guy not only asked how i drove, he sat and watched and knowing that i have a lead foot and he conservatively held timing back so i wont grenade another motor.

After tune was done, he was on the dyno for close to 30 minutes revving out the car and doing pulls and we thought he was just cleaning up the tuned or something. We took the car for a ride and he said NAIL IT. With anticipation of the car acting like a cat on LSD, i put my foot down in 3rd gear and all she did was twitch and pull hard as crap. I repeated it going from second to third, and flat shifting 4th, and the result was almost the same, she twitches in the rear and but continues to tract straight, absolutely none of the drama associated with the typical high powered 2j drama. I dont know how he did it but he did, Wayne another guy that had his hands in the build got to see if first hand as he was my first kill (s0rry bro) and he told ed the exact same thing.. I think a man that tunes 1500hp supras and is flown around the world and i have to be put on schedule to get tuned with knows a thing or two is all im saying.

btw, im back in the sandbox.
Congrats and no ???'s about Alpha's ability.

We S FLA boys just like to stir the pot!!!!
Old 08-03-12, 07:53 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Ed just rousing you, glad to see the head worked out and yes definitely a big congrats to the OP as it is no fun moving ahead to find out you went backwards
roger , cant thank you enough for the reff to the man himeself , santos did a exceptional job and was truly a pleasure to work with .. turned a built head around basically in 24 hrs for me to get this thing tuned before my man headed back to the sandbox .. i wanted to put a smile on his face before he went back
Old 08-03-12, 07:55 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
roger , cant thank you enough for the reff to the man himeself , santos did a exceptional job and was truly a pleasure to work with .. turned a built head around basically in 24 hrs for me to get this thing tuned before my man headed back to the sandbox .. i wanted to put a smile on his face before he went back

Its all good glad I could help!!
Old 08-03-12, 07:56 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Nobody here questioned alpha or his ability???? don't know where the hell that came from....

At the same token, nobody answered the question. Is your SC putting down all 715whp in 3rd without spinning or is the boost adjusted accordingly to lower power output allowing for better traction?

Poor kitty!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-12, 07:59 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Nobody here questioned alpha or his ability???? don't know where the hell that came from....

At the same token, nobody answered the question. Is your SC putting down all 715whp in 3rd without spinning or is the boost adjusted accordingly to lower power output allowing for better traction?

well ill let alpha chime in if he wants to reveal whats what or how he may or may not have accomplished this or just let andrew show you himself whats up from 3rd gear ..muhaaa muhaaaaa
Old 08-03-12, 08:19 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

I'm getting somewhere around 18-20psi in second gear and i didnt even try to boost in first so safe to say its probably lower. 3rd, the boost was ramped in either the faster the car went or by rpm, alpha would have to chime in. But if im at 3500 rpms in 3rd and floor it, i dont get all 30psi, it comes in close to redline. Alpha's own words after we did a couple pulls on the rode to ed, " spinning aint winning".

I'd like to think that cat was a great example of how our cars typically act

Originally Posted by lexforlife
well ill let alpha chime in if he wants to reveal whats what or how he may or may not have accomplished this or just let andrew show you himself whats up from 3rd gear ..muhaaa muhaaaaa
way way too early. wait until proefi goes in

Last edited by trufanatic; 08-03-12 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 08:28 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

That makes a ton more sense....kinda what I figured out the gate, but ed made it seem like you were hooking 700+ in 3rd and I was going to ask what kind of voodoo suspension stuff you had going on!!!!
Old 08-03-12, 08:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

That makes a ton more sense....kinda what I figured out the gate, but ed made it seem like you were hooking 700+ in 3rd and I was going to ask what kind of voodoo suspension stuff you had going on!!!!
sorry if you misunderstood my post .. 1st and 2nd is around 20 psi , 2nd into 3rd depending on mph is a stratergy alpha if he wants to reveal can reveal . but from mid to top of 3rd onwards its the full 715 . i have the actually calibration looking at and how it was setup but again not for me to reveal

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-03-12 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 10:03 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

nobody asked for specifics and I could care less about how the boost ramps in for 3rd gear because every car is going to be different. A yes or no would have done.

Quick Reply: RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft