Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

JUST IS's Big Ballin Turbo Build and more...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-10, 05:42 PM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST IS's Big Ballin Turbo Build and more...

A Year in a Half in The Making

Where to start?…(whew!) Well as most of you know I haven't have had my car for about 1.6 years. I have been in the process of upgrading my last turbo set up to something that I believe is the craziest thing I have ever done so far. I have been very secretive about this build and all the details. Even the people closer to me didn't know everything. I will share some of the details, but I can't reveal everything. (I have to keep some good stuff for me :-P )

So about a year and 6 months ago I took my car apart just to do some maintenance and you know how it starts. When you get that thought in your head, "well since I have it apart already, I might as well"…One thing here, one thing one there. I found myself in a black hole going on and on and on. If you want to know where the ending of the black hole is I have found it! (haha) I had a vision of what I wanted to do, but it took longer than I thought in order to get it done. Some said it took way to long and that I should of taken my car back, but I couldn't because I was already half way and it would of been stupid for me to stop in the middle. I had to continue and push through. There was a lot of anxiety, waiting, frustration, moaning and groaning, being angry and all the other things you can imagine. When things started to move along better during different months, the attitudes change and I was feeling enthusiastic, and positive that I will get it done.

So the day finally comes when my car is finished. To hear the car start after all that time was a wonderful thing. I was so excited to drive way in it, then it happened… The car was sitting there so long that the brake master cylinder went back. UGH! What a tease! I almost had it in my hands! So another week went by and was able to fix it. Lance had a drivability tune and a boost cut so I wouldn't be temped. I had to put some mileage on it before getting on the dyno. I figured I had a week to do that no problem, right?

This leads me to another part of the build that was unexpected. I picked up the car on a Friday and because of a phone call I made prior, to a certain company who I will mention later, I was on my way to Daytona for a Monday meeting. So I got to drive up to Daytona with no boost and all the fast cars on the road egging me on. It was tormenting me. I made it to the meeting and ended picking up Audio sponsor (Vibe Audio) and while that was happening I was introduced to another guy (Tsunami) who sponsor me with the wiring I needed. After talking with them they needed to know when I could start on the car. I said asap. I figured I have already waited this long, whats another couple of months. They told me to bring it back to them next week to start on it. So I had to drive home with no boost again and wait till then. When the week came up I was on my way back again to drop off the car.

I drove back and forth twice and never had a chance to tune the car. I kept saying to myself (in myiagi voice) have patients Daniel-san. During the Audio install they decided to make my car their Demo Vehicle and wanted to use it for the 2010 Spring Break Nationals. So I know it had to be finished before that date. The whole install process is long so I won't post all that. I will let the pictures speak for themselves, just know that I had to go up there three times and help work on my car. The third time I went, I was only supposed to be there a week and I ended up being there 2 weeks to get it done and made it to the show by the skin of my teeth.

Now back to the meat and gravy of the long long process. I came back from the show and set up a time with Lance to tune my car. On Friday the afternoon of March 19th until 12am, the car had its moment on the dyno. When it was finished, I realized all the blood, sweat, and patience payed off BIG TIME!!

So without further ado I made: 707 RWHP on 93 Octane PUMP GAS!!!!!!!!! That's Right PUMP GAS! I would of done a back flip if I had know how! Super excited on these numbers!

I didn't print out 707 RWHP and 502TQ because at the end of the line it dipped a little (boost cut…LOL), so I printed out has 704RWHP because I want to have nice lines. :-D

In another 2 months I will be tuning on E85 or race gas to hit into the 9xx plus range.

Since I have a lot of pictures, I provided links on both the Turbo build and Audio build. There are way more pics besides the ones on these links, but its just a little something to give you an idea.

All comments are welcome. I'm glad to be back. Hope my lexus community / family enjoys.

2nd Turbo Build

Vibe Audio Demo Vehicle

Boosted lex Blog

Last edited by JUST IS; 09-09-13 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-12-10, 05:52 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Looking great Mario... I guess its Ed's turn now LOL..
Old 05-12-10, 06:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Awesome job Mario, congrats and thanks for sharing your build!
Old 05-12-10, 06:24 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some serious power!!! Car looks great and sounds mean as hell too!
Old 05-12-10, 06:25 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Nice numbers Mario. Can't wait to see the car in person. You've come along way.
Old 05-12-10, 06:52 PM
Darkness01
Lead Lap

wow, congrats.
Old 05-12-10, 09:32 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

holy crap thats amazing great job definitely worth the wait can't wait to get my simple turbo set up just won't be as sick as yours but its a start
Old 05-12-10, 09:37 PM
sammer619
Driver School Candidate

wow... turbo build is great, but that audio build is fantastic...
Old 05-12-10, 10:18 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good God man .. Congrats Mario

Hey was that Clive I saw in the background ?? lol
Old 05-13-10, 03:06 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so sick beyond belief!!!
Old 05-13-10, 04:17 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Good to see the car again - great numbers and the engine bay looks fantastic! Congrats Mario!
Old 05-13-10, 06:57 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow Mario, very impressive!! You have really set the bar high

Congrats on a JOB WELL DONE!!
Old 05-13-10, 07:01 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome build. Congrats!!
Old 05-13-10, 10:23 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Must be nice to push that kind of power already
Old 05-13-10, 11:39 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wow!

Very impressive! Great job, Mario!

Quick Reply: JUST IS's Big Ballin Turbo Build and more...