Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

This SC that started it all in South Florida!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-10, 04:23 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rdt

Andy did not built the car Lance did! You, me and most of the people here enjoy many of the inventions and innovations made by him today. No credit given to were it belongs. Many many parts and ideas were ripped off from Toyomoto and then seen sold as other companies own. I have spend many days with him from racing, building cars and working together and let me tell you guys he is truly a mastermind. I know some don't agree how he did things but in the end we owe him the respect!!!!! Doug
Everyone who is anyone in this boost game knows Lance to be the man...... No ing that !! But with all due respect the car will always be remembered as Andy's car that's just how it goes !!! And most of us who are familiar with it, know who built it. Lance is the man no doubt ..

I mean even when my friend ***** bought the car from an auction. And when I saw it again , first thing I said was hey that's Andy's car.. He knew nothing about the car and its history. I proudly filled him in and sent him to Lance.

Hey I still get calls from time to time for a 71 El Camino I sold 10 years ago. (Hey John just saw your El Camino in Opa Locka). Anyhow I hear you have the car at your shop, and you are in the process of getting her back to her original glory. Looking forward to that I must say. Andy's old SC is legendary in south Florida. it will be great to see her run down the track again..
Old 08-29-10, 12:40 PM
rdt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank u you John! Yes I going to get it all sorted and running. It will go down the track soon!!!!! Doug
Old 04-21-11, 04:22 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found two more...

Who's the guy in th blue shirt?

Old 04-21-11, 08:35 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've wanted one in this color for a long time.....Im tempted to get my hands on one.
Old 04-21-11, 10:34 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
Everyone who is anyone in this boost game knows Lance to be the man...... No ing that !! But with all due respect the car will always be remembered as Andy's car that's just how it goes !!! And most of us who are familiar with it, know who built it. Lance is the man no doubt ..

I mean even when my friend ***** bought the car from an auction. And when I saw it again , first thing I said was hey that's Andy's car.. He knew nothing about the car and its history. I proudly filled him in and sent him to Lance.

Hey I still get calls from time to time for a 71 El Camino I sold 10 years ago. (Hey John just saw your El Camino in Opa Locka). Anyhow I hear you have the car at your shop, and you are in the process of getting her back to her original glory. Looking forward to that I must say. Andy's old SC is legendary in south Florida. it will be great to see her run down the track again..
That's just how it goes?!? Maybe if you weren't around to know when michelle had it. And lance getting this car into motor trend magazine. This was the original sc300turbo. Why I built my car. And why others got theirs after seeing my car. Andy really didn't own this car that log if memory serves me right.
Is this car still around?
I agree. Something about silver on black sc's is just whoa!
Old 04-21-11, 12:44 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=SC300TURBO;6329370]Is this car still around?

Actually, it's still is around. It's at Fabshopmiami with Doug doing a full rebuild.

Last edited by Wicked SC; 04-21-11 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-21-11, 12:48 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=Wicked SC;6329653]
Originally Posted by SC300TURBO

Actually, it's still is around. It's at Fabshopmiami with Doug doing a full rebuild.
Wow. Awesome to hear. Gonna have to stop by and check it out! Thank you sir!
Old 04-21-11, 02:53 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300TURBO
That's just how it goes?!? Maybe if you weren't around to know when michelle had it. And lance getting this car into motor trend magazine. This was the original sc300turbo. Why I built my car. And why others got theirs after seeing my car. Andy really didn't own this car that log if memory serves me right.
I agree. Something about silver on black sc's is just whoa!

Yeah !!. Just because I haven't been a member of CL since 2001 it's doesn't mean I haven't been around. . I know !! that was Lance's wife car " Michelle "..And when that particular SC is brought up in a conversation it is Andy's name that comes up. Not Lance nor his wife. I know who the car be longed to. And have stated I knew who built that SC. Still it doesn't change the fact that Andy was the one who etch the memories of that car running the 11's at Moroso when all the other imports were running 12"s and 13's ..

A recap of what I wrote

Everyone who is anyone in this boost game knows Lance to be the man...... No ing that !! And most of us who are familiar with it, know who built it. Lance is the man no doubt ..

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv But I guess you were focused on this vvvvvvvvvvvvv

But with all due respect the car will always be remembered as Andy's car that's just how it goes

Anyhow those are my memories of this particular SC. Even though somewhat cloudy they may seem.
Old 04-21-11, 03:53 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Who's the guy in th blue shirt?

I was wondering who had more pic's of this car..... That was a clean Silver SC! 19x9's and 20x11's Funny thing that those wheels been around like 7 different cars and they still in good shape.. They on a Red 4th gen supra now...
Old 04-21-11, 03:56 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah !!. Just because I haven't been a member of CL since 2001 it's doesn't mean I haven't been around. . I know !! that was Lance's wife car " Michelle "..And when that particular SC is brought up in a conversation it is Andy's name that comes up. Not Lance nor his wife. I know who the car be longed to. And have stated I knew who built that SC. Still it doesn't change the fact that Andy was the one who etch the memories of that car running the 11's at Moroso when all the other imports were running 12"s and 13's ..

A recap of what I wrote

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv But I guess you were focused on this vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Anyhow those are my memories of this particular SC. Even though somewhat cloudy they may seem.
Hopefully they leave it just how it is on the outside just do touch up's and rebuild like they down to the the SC that started it all back on the road.....
Old 04-21-11, 08:44 PM
rdt
Driver

No need to fight over this.. ANYWAYS here is a pic of the car before and now..Doug

Last edited by rdt; 04-21-11 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-24-11, 08:43 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Lookin good looking good!!!
Old 12-04-15, 10:05 AM
CesarCruz
Driver School Candidate

Default I had the same gold car.

Originally Posted by BoostenSC4
Here ya go, a good pic is hard to find! My favorite S14 of all time, KA-T than RB25 Neo..

Yeah Conroys SC was one of the cleanest SCs to hit the streets PERIOD, but the Gold 240sx was a masterpiece, and it moved to especially when it had the KA-T. Those were the good old days for real!
I like how it looks the car can you tell me the tint % and flares or body kit that it have, I have the same car and in same color & is very hard to find some mods that make it look good.
Old 12-04-15, 07:14 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CesarCruz
I like how it looks the car can you tell me the tint % and flares or body kit that it have, I have the same car and in same color & is very hard to find some mods that make it look good.
No flares, no kit either. Those are S14 Kouki (97-98) sideskirts, in other words, 1997-98 240sx sides and the front lip could be Greddy, not sure.
Old 12-05-15, 05:28 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

good memories in this thread....and a helluva bump to this old thread too! lol