Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 07:33 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What time are you guys meeting at moroso saturday morning? I need time to wash the car...
Old 01-14-08, 08:24 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

I'm still waiting to hear what time and where we are rolling from here in Orlando? Or did I just not see it?
Old 01-14-08, 08:25 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

As there are 5 pages to this thread now, can you just tell me again if I did miss it?
Old 01-14-08, 01:33 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Smooth 1
I'm still waiting to hear what time and where we are rolling from here in Orlando? Or did I just not see it?
Orlando Caravan to SFL for the IS-F Weekend INFO

Due to the varring timeframes of members and spectators going to the event and driving on FRI and/or SAT, checking into hotels, etc. The orlando crew has NOT come to an aggreeable time, day and meeting place to caravan as a GROUP for this weekend. Some will drive down on FRI, some will drive down on SAT. Each member is therefore on their own accord to get to the event. Please drive safe.. I myself will be leaving on FRI (time, not sure) We shall see you all on FRI night if your going to the track for midnight maddness, or on Sat for the offical event. Thank you. We do appoligize if members were counting on caravaning as a group.

This does not mean that you cant buddie up with other members and drive down(hell please do), it only means that an offical caravan will not occur due to said circumstances.

Last edited by lexis307; 01-14-08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-14-08, 01:47 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
What time are you guys meeting at moroso saturday morning? I need time to wash the car...
The times are varrying, ie people will get there as early as 7:30am for an 8am driving slot. Others have slots all the way till 3pm. Its up to you what time you get there. A Simple suggestion: if you need time to wash your whip b4hand ..wash it Just get there round' lunch time 12pm....good number of people will be there at that time... just a suggestion.
Old 01-15-08, 02:12 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Default My 2 cents' regarding the 2 dining venues mentioned

This past weekend, I made a little time to swing by the two possibilities mentioned for dinner (Dave & Buster and Bru's) and, frankly, I have misgivings about both.

For one thing, parking is a nightmare for both, and hopes of parking together virtually nil. Worse, most of the parking at Bru's is mostly on an unpaved, very bumpy lot, something which those of us riding on lowered suspensions wanting to keep their cars clean will surely love (NOT).

Bru's also has two more cons: a super-high noise level, TVs and music blaring so that it's tough to hold a conversation; and the particular location suggested is way west near the Broward/Palm Beach County line. This is OK if you live in the area and plan to go without showering & changing after the Moroso Event, but a helluva trek for those who plan to go to Moroso, drive back to Miami-Dade to shower & change and then go back North for such a distance.

As to Dave & Buster's, the area they reserve/rent out for large parties is already booked for this Saturday, plus there's some boxing on their large-screen TVs that will draw a bigger crowd.

A couple of people have suggested Daisy Duke's Saloon/Bar & Grill, a sort of Dukes of Hazzard/Hooters mashup of a restaurant. I've never been there, but I do know that the parking is far better than at the aforementioned alternatives. Here's the link:
http://www.daisydukessaloon.com/

Frankly, though, given the broad range of time slots people will be driving and the spread-out nature of the tri-county area, one massive, central dinner meet is going to be tricky to put together, especially on such short notice, in my opinion.

Thoughts & comments?
Old 01-15-08, 08:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jruhi4
This past weekend, I made a little time to swing by the two possibilities mentioned for dinner (Dave & Buster and Bru's) and, frankly, I have misgivings about both.

For one thing, parking is a nightmare for both, and hopes of parking together virtually nil. Worse, most of the parking at Bru's is mostly on an unpaved, very bumpy lot, something which those of us riding on lowered suspensions wanting to keep their cars clean will surely love (NOT).

Bru's also has two more cons: a super-high noise level, TVs and music blaring so that it's tough to hold a conversation; and the particular location suggested is way west near the Broward/Palm Beach County line. This is OK if you live in the area and plan to go without showering & changing after the Moroso Event, but a helluva trek for those who plan to go to Moroso, drive back to Miami-Dade to shower & change and then go back North for such a distance.

As to Dave & Buster's, the area they reserve/rent out for large parties is already booked for this Saturday, plus there's some boxing on their large-screen TVs that will draw a bigger crowd.

A couple of people have suggested Daisy Duke's Saloon/Bar & Grill, a sort of Dukes of Hazzard/Hooters mashup of a restaurant. I've never been there, but I do know that the parking is far better than at the aforementioned alternatives. Here's the link:
http://www.daisydukessaloon.com/

Frankly, though, given the broad range of time slots people will be driving and the spread-out nature of the tri-county area, one massive, central dinner meet is going to be tricky to put together, especially on such short notice, in my opinion.

Thoughts & comments?
Thank you so much!!!
Old 01-15-08, 08:28 PM
LexFather

I am sure most here are aware of the IS-F drive at W. Palm Beach Jan 19th. My freaking bags are packed. I'm recruiting girls already
Okay gang here is the FINAL plan. It is not perfect but I think we can make the most of it.
1. Friday night

Thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=325665

Edited. We will meet at the gas station next to Moroso Motorsports park http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/
at 7pm and leave and drive through the gates together at 7:30 sharp. This allows people to fill up who needs it and for us to have a nice Lexus caravan inside.

Once inside, we will PARK first in an area for all our cars to be together. From there you can run your car ALL YOU WANT until 1am!!!!

If you come after 7:30, look for the Lexus vehicles parked together. Not sure how long we will stay, it depends on the crowd there, and wrecks etc. Probably for a good while once weather holds up.

Moroso is having Midnight Madness this night, gates are open from 6pm-1am. Lets get together and run for fun. Turbo'd, Supercharged, Nitros, NA, it doesn't matter, you don't even have to run your car if you don't want to. I was thinking we just make it a little Mini meet and heck throw some of the cars down the track for shiits and giggles? By the way you don't have to bring your Lexus, I'm gonna try to get my brother to either bring out his 8sec Mustang or the at least his 10sec Mustang.

Directions

From the South take I-95 (exit 79B) or FL Turnpike (exit 109) to PGA Blvd. Go west to SR 710 and turn right, go 8.2 miles.

From the North take I-95 (exit 87B) or FL Turnpike (exit 116) to Indiantown Rd (SR706) go west to SR710 turn left, go 3 miles.

From the Naples/Ft. Myers area take I-75 south to the Turnpike, take the Turnpike north to Exit 109 (PGA Blvd). Take PGA Blvd. West until it dead-ends (SR 710/Beeline Hwy), take a right and continue for 8 miles.

For yall with NAV

Moroso Motorsports Park
561.622.1400 or 561.626.2053 FAX
17047 Beeline Hwy.
Jupiter, FL 33478

2. Saturday
-I will get there around 7:15-7:30 am and park where I feel there is AMPLE space to be surrounded by TONS and TONS of Lexus. Its our meet spot and for photo opportunities. Please forgive me, I am have not been here before but if its like other tracks I have been too, it should not be a problem. PLEASE PARK TOGETHER and if possible BY CAR MODEL
-1IS
-2IS
-1GS
-2GS
-3GS
-1SC
-2SC
-RX/LX etc etc
I would like us to try our best to park NEXT to like car model instead of Lexus vehicles all over the parking lot.
-Lexus meet all day long, 8-5pm!!!! in the parking lot for those waiting to drive, finished driving, those not driving and those that want to show some love and share their cars!
Saturday PART II
-We will eat dinner at DAISY DUKES Saloon http://www.daisydukessaloon.com/

Directions here
http://www.google.com/maps?q=10060+P...i=map&ct=title

For those with NAV

10060 Pines Blvd
Hollywood, FL 33024
954-430-9930
at 7:00 pm for dinner. This allows time for the 5pm people to arrive and those that hung out all day to change/shower up. I will call for reservations for at least 20.
-For those that want to hang out, I am sure that will be figured out at the dinner table there

3. Sunday
-no plan, recuperate and log onto Clublexus to post pics and give a recap!!!

Mike
Old 01-15-08, 08:33 PM
LexFather

This plan is not perfect but I think it helps us become slightly better organized and we can now have some fun together. I appreciate all the suggestions and "eyes" down there in Florida!!

I figure the Miami folks drive up for the event, so we can drive down for Dinner and bring the Orlando and N. Gang with us . It gives us AMPLE opportunities for photos and vids not just still, but on the move on the interstate/highway. Plus looking at pics, it should be fun with the girls!!!!
Old 01-16-08, 07:21 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks good to me. Thanks to all that helped with the agenda and suggestions on where to go, eat, hang-out, etc. This looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Nice job everyone!!!
Old 01-16-08, 07:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lexizm
It looks good to me. Thanks to all that helped with the agenda and suggestions on where to go, eat, hang-out, etc. This looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Nice job everyone!!!
I'll be calling you today so we can organize our drive down!
Old 01-16-08, 09:16 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I am sure most here are aware of the IS-F drive at W. Palm Beach Jan 19th. My freaking bags are packed. I'm recruiting girls already
Okay gang here is the FINAL plan. It is not perfect but I think we can make the most of it.
1. Friday night

Thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=325665

Edited. We will meet at the gas station next to Moroso Motorsports park http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/
at 7pm and leave and drive through the gates together at 7:30 sharp. This allows people to fill up who needs it and for us to have a nice Lexus caravan inside.

Once inside, we will PARK first in an area for all our cars to be together. From there you can run your car ALL YOU WANT until 1am!!!!

If you come after 7:30, look for the Lexus vehicles parked together. Not sure how long we will stay, it depends on the crowd there, and wrecks etc. Probably for a good while once weather holds up.

Moroso is having Midnight Madness this night, gates are open from 6pm-1am. Lets get together and run for fun. Turbo'd, Supercharged, Nitros, NA, it doesn't matter, you don't even have to run your car if you don't want to. I was thinking we just make it a little Mini meet and heck throw some of the cars down the track for shiits and giggles? By the way you don't have to bring your Lexus, I'm gonna try to get my brother to either bring out his 8sec Mustang or the at least his 10sec Mustang.

Directions

From the South take I-95 (exit 79B) or FL Turnpike (exit 109) to PGA Blvd. Go west to SR 710 and turn right, go 8.2 miles.

From the North take I-95 (exit 87B) or FL Turnpike (exit 116) to Indiantown Rd (SR706) go west to SR710 turn left, go 3 miles.

From the Naples/Ft. Myers area take I-75 south to the Turnpike, take the Turnpike north to Exit 109 (PGA Blvd). Take PGA Blvd. West until it dead-ends (SR 710/Beeline Hwy), take a right and continue for 8 miles.

For yall with NAV

Moroso Motorsports Park
561.622.1400 or 561.626.2053 FAX
17047 Beeline Hwy.
Jupiter, FL 33478

2. Saturday
-I will get there around 7:15-7:30 am and park where I feel there is AMPLE space to be surrounded by TONS and TONS of Lexus. Its our meet spot and for photo opportunities. Please forgive me, I am have not been here before but if its like other tracks I have been too, it should not be a problem. PLEASE PARK TOGETHER and if possible BY CAR MODEL
-1IS
-2IS
-1GS
-2GS
-3GS
-1SC
-2SC
-RX/LX etc etc
I would like us to try our best to park NEXT to like car model instead of Lexus vehicles all over the parking lot.
-Lexus meet all day long, 8-5pm!!!! in the parking lot for those waiting to drive, finished driving, those not driving and those that want to show some love and share their cars!
Saturday PART II
-We will eat dinner at DAISY DUKES Saloon http://www.daisydukessaloon.com/

Directions here
http://www.google.com/maps?q=10060+P...i=map&ct=title

For those with NAV

10060 Pines Blvd
Hollywood, FL 33024
954-430-9930
at 7:00 pm for dinner. This allows time for the 5pm people to arrive and those that hung out all day to change/shower up. I will call for reservations for at least 20.
-For those that want to hang out, I am sure that will be figured out at the dinner table there

3. Sunday
-no plan, recuperate and log onto Clublexus to post pics and give a recap!!!

Mike

mike this sounds great me and sfl crew should arrive sat around 11ish because i am having my car retuned quickly as my tuner is in west palm

the dinner sat is great at daisey dukes its actually around the corner from my house so if you are sure this is the place i can stop by tomm night and talk to manager and make sure accomodations are ready for us between 7pm and 7:30 pm but i need a round number of how many
Old 01-16-08, 09:25 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a plan. Got my car Wetsanded and buffed yesterday so I'm ready to go. I will need time Sat. morning Mike to Get the track smudge off my car. But will try to make it up by 10-11 am Sat.

Dam Mario if it wasn't for the chance of rain we could of left our hoods at my house again like we did last time we went to Moroso.
Old 01-16-08, 10:18 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

Awsome Job guys..everyone,, a sincere thanks for the nav. info, and the planning, and for the coolness of being a part of the Lexus crew!!!!!
I'll see ya'll there.
Old 01-16-08, 10:55 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

This is gonna be great! Im still debating whether or not ill be there Friday night but Saturday I'll try to get there 12ish-1.

I can't wait to meet everybody!

Quick Reply: Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!