Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

My experiences with different tires plus in the 561

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 02:44 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tires plus = bad service :(

So I have this 3 year alignment I paid for with tires plus. I took it to a tires plus near my work to get an alignment on Monday Jan 22nd. I had my coworker go with me that way they could do it while I was at work and everything would be fine and dandy, better then me going after work and waiting around. Anyways I get a call a few hours later and the tech there tells me that the tie rods are siezed on the front suspension and they wont come off so they cant do the alignment. They convienetly already wrote up the parts and the price for the fix and said its going to be $817. I was in total shock, seeing how I had just had an alignment a few months earlier. I quickly said no and I would diagnose the problem my self. I took the car home and jacked it up, bought some bolt loosener at walmart and had to return to buy vice grips since they stripped down my tie rod. I loosened both bolts, took about 10 minutes per bolt. Nothing major but having to go back and forth to walmart and getting dirty ect was something that I didnt need to do if they knew how to do their job. Anyways I felt a bit like they were trying to take advantage of me. Basically they are like heres some kid who owns a SC430 what does he know about cars lets just charge him ect. I had over heard one of the sales men telling how his car def needed tire rotation after 3k miles and all kinds of nonsense. Reguardless this place is close from work and its easiest for me to get to. So I took my car back today and was thinking well I did most of the work already what can they screw up? Well a few hours later they call me again and say they cant do the rear because a dog ear for the toe adjustment is bent and I need to get it replaced. I am like wtf now. This is rediculous, how do I get an alignment fine 2 months ago and now they cant do anything. I was like just give me the front alignment then since u guys cant do the rear, and he gives me some BS about how the machine takes into acount all the different wheels and they cant do it. I was like no way, and he was like brb let me talk to the tech. He comes back and is like ok they did the front. I go to get my car and ask for my alignment sheet. He says they dont have one, I was like if you did an alignment you have to give me a sheet. He insist non can be had. I inquire about the "bent dog ear" the guy on the phone said he could point it out for me without having to jack it up, so I am asking for it. The tech is like no I cant fit under the car. I was like well put it on the lift he was like thats too much work. He said go call your lexus friend to tell you where its at, since I had mentioned that I had asked my friend from lexus how I should go about loosening the tie rod bolt when he had asked how did I manage to get it loose. Then he says if you give me $45 I'll show it to you and I'll give u the part #. I was like no thanks. Seriously this is bad service, in case anyone is wondering this Tires Plus is in Boca Raton, FL on spanish river blvd.
Old 01-23-07, 07:50 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not 100% on this, but I think this post would be better served in the Wheels & Brakes Forum, so I've moved it for you.
Old 01-26-07, 12:31 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Default My experiences with different tires plus in the 561

I got a 3 year alignment policy with tires plus so thats where I go I went to 3 different tires plus a total of 4 times in 4 days!

I needed an alignment recently and I had to go to three different ones. I wrote a rant about the tires plus on spanish river blvd in Boca Raton that got moved to the tires and wheel section. Basically they tried to rip me off twice, made me loosen my own suspension bolts and didnt give me any type of alignment or print out(do a search in that area for the whole story). Next I went to the tires plus on 441 near glades also in Boca Raton. My car left their worse then it came in also my print out had the same exact numbers for before and after. They obviously didnt know what they were doing. I chose these boca ones because I work in boca. Plus when I got to my 3rd tires plus I was in the bay and the tech was telling me how my camber adjustment bolt was loose! Finally the one to go to is the one on lantana and 441. I went here for my first alignment and they did a good job. I didnt want to make the treck all the way out there again because I dont live that close anymore. But this place is the best. The shop is new less than 2 years old and have all the latest equipment. Including a road force balancing machine since lexus steering is very finicky. There are 3 guys that can do alignments there. All are pretty good but this one guy I believe named Marcos came over and helped the tech that was working on my car. Plus he told me he owns a GS so keep it in the lexus community. on my rear toe adjustment bolt the flange that keeps the washer in place was worn down so on the driver side my toe was horrible. He came by saw the toe and look at the washer and said he had seen this problem before. He then began to help my tech adjust it even though it was worn down. Basically he pushed the rim in while the other guy tightened up the washer to the correct position. My alignment is as good as can be. My toe is in spec all around and my camber is barely off spec. I am lowered on 20's so its pretty hard to get perfect alignment without paying $300 and taking it to miami chassis and alignment. Basically if u live in the 561 make the trip to the tires plus on lantana and 441 its worth the extra drive.
Old 01-26-07, 03:51 PM
bishoptane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i had my truck done there, 441 and lantana, a couple of months ago. they are very friendly and dont try and sell you something you dont need.
Old 01-26-07, 04:07 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Try Weber Wheel Alignment in West Palm off of Blue Heron.
Old 01-27-07, 07:12 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I would just get it done right the 1st time at a Lexus dealer.
Old 01-27-07, 04:01 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Well

#1 3 yr alignment service vs 1 time at lexus is roughly the same price.

#2 who says the people at lexus give better alignments? Its all about the tech.

#3 wpb lexus cant do alignments on 20" wheels. I dont think they can do 19" wheels either.

Old 01-28-07, 05:57 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

#1 3 yr alignment service vs 1 time at Lexus is roughly the same price. - Three years don't mean much if they cant align correctly any time durring those 3 years.

#2 who says the people at Lexus give better alignments? Its all about the tech. - I agree, but I would think Lexus has a higher standard of hiring qualified people vs a Tires Plus.
#3 wpb Lexus cant do alignments on 20" wheels. I don't think they can do 19" wheels either. I did not digest when reading your post you had 20's.

The above statements are just my opinion. I am not trying to create hostility.
Old 01-28-07, 12:14 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
#1 3 yr alignment service vs 1 time at Lexus is roughly the same price. - Three years don't mean much if they cant align correctly any time durring those 3 years.

#2 who says the people at Lexus give better alignments? Its all about the tech. - I agree, but I would think Lexus has a higher standard of hiring qualified people vs a Tires Plus.
#3 wpb Lexus cant do alignments on 20" wheels. I don't think they can do 19" wheels either. I did not digest when reading your post you had 20's.

The above statements are just my opinion. I am not trying to create hostility.
well I was just saying which tires plus is good. and lexus doesnt have any requirements when hiring people. There are shotty people everywhere.
Old 01-28-07, 04:13 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1st thing I would've done was called the Better Business Buereau (BBB) and report them...I would if I were you.

And yes, I live in boca and have all my tire work done at Costco...the lifetime warranties they give you are amazing. Considering I live in a fairly new development, and they're still building, that road hazard and all these awesome replacement deals they give you really made my decision. But if you're not a Costco member and you live in boca just go to Tire Kingdom on 441 inbetween Yamato and Glades...they've always been good guys to deal with too!

but yea, def call the BBB.