MA OEM Nakamichi swap for your 99-01 3ES - entire kit - rare parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-15, 06:44 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default OEM Nakamichi swap for your 99-01 3ES - entire kit - rare parts

This is an entire Nakamichi stereo, head unit/CD Changer/amp for 99-01 ES. With this you can swap right into any 99-01 ES with the base Pioneer radio. There are a couple of parts here that are rare so if you are interested this is likely your only chance to come across these parts. I am only going to post this up once, since I figure there won't be too much interest in this, but would like a CL member to have this stuff if you'd like it for a fair price before I post the parts up on EBay.

So what do we have: Well we have an entire Nakamichi stereo for a 99-01 ES300. Now you may have heard that you can't swap the stereo to the Nak if you have the base Pioneer but that isn't true, I figured it out years ago and I have been running the Nak in my 01 ES300 for a couple years now. It is way more powerful stereo than the base pioneer, the amp itself weighs maybe 10 lbs where the Pio is just a cheap little box that weighs nothing.

So what makes this work, if you didn't read the link above, is the CD changer cable. I made the cable myself to facilitate the digital audio connection between the changer and the Nakamichi headunit. This is the missing piece that makes it work, that part of the harness is not in a base car. Nobody else can sell you that cable.

The other unobtainium part here is the walnut wood Nakamichi deck to match the base ES. Good luck finding those, this is the only one I have seen in or out of an ES and I snapped it up. 99% of the Nakamichis were installed in the Platinum/Coach cars which have bird's eye maple wood. The only way to match the walnut and have the Nakamichi is to find an original deck.

All that for $200 plug and play. Who wants a 15 year old stereo with a tape deck and CD changer, well good point that is why I don't expect a whole lot of interest LOL but if there is anyone, and this stereo really does stand up today it is a great sounding setup, just let me know and $200 shipped to the lower 48 it is all yours... PM or even better email asharicz -at) gmail *dot-com

(*note: I do also have a more common birds eye maple wood deck that I am using in my car now. It has been modified with an aux-in which I use with an iPod, sounds quite good through the Nak. However the CD changer functionality seems to have gone out on this one but I wanted to put it out there if someone with a Platinum/Coach is interested in the whole setup or a deck with aux in)
Old 11-09-15, 04:49 PM
Toropoki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this work in a 1998 es300 with the pioneer CD changer? Someone put in an aftermarket clarion in place of the stock deck therefore making the cd changer useless.

That is if this is still available.
Thanks,
Edwin
Old 04-27-16, 02:50 PM
Anthony84
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know its an old post; but is this setup still available? Thank you in advance.