must be Gray

BTW: is there any 00-01 upgrade i forgot to do
so far i did:
front bumper w/ fogs
grille
taillights
stock rims
wood climate control
bought wood radio but, didnt change it (didnt wanna splice wires)
went with aftermarket HID's
Old 10-22-06, 07:53 AM
vassey50
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for a wood trim steering wheel for a very long time and spent numerous hours online and on the phone. I have come across a grey wheel (i'm looking for the tan version) on ebay. That might help you out. I believe the seller is Lexmaniac. I hope you have better luck than I am having

V
Old 10-22-06, 07:14 PM
Pchaser
Driver

thanks, FYI some has a tan wood wheel on eBay now or at least i saw it yesterday

I have contacted Lexmaniac on numerous occasions he's located 15min from my house he always advertise he has a Grey wood wheel but when I call or stop by they can never find it!! they always show me a gray non-wood wheel

I bought a black wood wheel a few months ago because I know body shops have a special kind of primer & paint where they can paint leather & it doesnt peel or fade, but i have been holding out, trying to wait for the right color
Old 10-23-06, 02:29 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

Hey Pchaser, Yeah, I've looked at Lexmaniac's ebay auctions and pics. I look at the grey and it looks tan and vice versa, but like you I'm willing to wait to get the exact match. I've seen very few over the last year and a half I've been still looking. I tried calling some US dealers too in Maine and Mass which is close to me. They quoted something like 2000usd, here at my local dealer I almost hit the guy when he told me 4800cad. Funny thing is, last time i went in locally they quoted around 2000cad, maybe they lowered the price b/c it's getting to be an older model year now. Who knows? Either way, I doubt i'll spend that amount of money for a NEW wheel. I'll have to keep looking and be patient and diligent to get mine.

Do me a favor Pchaser, if you're ever in talking to Lexmaniac (I beleive his real name is Al) at his shop on your next visit, maybe ask him about his Tan, leather stock for me?? So you're looking for the grey still? I'll keep an eye out for you too, as I'm online and on the phone every week looking for my color. If you need any other places to look, PM me, I have quite a list of places to track Lexus stuff down. Talk soon.

V
Old 10-23-06, 09:28 PM
Pchaser
Driver

cool, i'll let u know if i see a tan one. I have came across plenty of tan ones in the past I even saw a tan/wood one go on ebay for under $100 but i have never came across a gray one at all!! I started to think they didnt make gray interior for 00-01 ES but I saw a few pics of some on eBay, I guess they just didnt make to many.
here are 2 junkyards I saw online
first place says they have a tan 97 es steering wheel but has wood on it (maybe someone upgraded before they totalled there car)
second place just says '00 wheel in brown give them a call it may be the woodgrain wheel

Nica motors
1-800-251-5656

Sports & Imports
1-800-831-8292
Old 10-24-06, 06:45 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone come across the black one yet?
Old 10-24-06, 09:01 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=240815

leets is selling one
Old 10-24-06, 01:06 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

Pchaser - thanks for the info, i did see those shops listed in the car-part.com search results, but never did call them. I'll try them and see what i can dig up. My search is really taking too damn long. But I guess if I don't want to pay lots of money for a new one (just for esthetics) I'll have to put in some more time.

ChrisES - I actually spoke to Leets in detail about his steering wheel, which by the way is pristine! The only thing was that his wood color was the lighter of the two for the ES's. I'm looking for the darker wood trim. However, if you know of anybody looking for the lighter color wheel, definitely contact Leets. I'm still thinking about buying his wheel even though the color match might be slightly off. The wheel is that mint. He's an awesome CL member too! Anyhow, we'll keep this post going and see if we can all end up with what we wanted.

Cheers,
V
Old 10-24-06, 01:08 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Choas
...ebay has a listing for one at the moment. Actually, I know b/c I'm on ebay every other day, and that the listing has been there for awhile.

V
Old 10-24-06, 03:42 PM
Pchaser
Driver

Originally Posted by Choas
I have a black one 4/S from a '01

I'd rather trade for a gray one but $$$ talks
Old 10-24-06, 07:46 PM
ndnboi4u2n
Driver School Candidate

Pchaser, are your upgraded taillights the 01 clear or is it an 99ish, if its clear, where did you buy?
Old 10-25-06, 01:26 PM
Pchaser
Driver

Originally Posted by ndnboi4u2n
Pchaser, are your upgraded taillights the 01 clear or is it an 99ish, if its clear, where did you buy?
they are '01 tails
a friend of mine had an '01 & got broadsided on passenger side extremely hard (so hard the dashboard cracked & passenger seat was ripped out of the brackets!!)
luckily the car was parked & no one was in it at time

long story short ...insurance totaled it out & let him buy it back for $550 he sold me the whole car for $650 I took what i need:
front bumper
grille
tails
16" stock wheels with brand new tires
+ a few extra parts to make some of my $$ back:

black driver airbag
woodgrain radio
black & woodgrain steering wheel
driver master window switch
headlights non-hid
Old 11-06-06, 10:26 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

Pchaser, any luck finding what you wanted??

V
Old 11-13-06, 06:49 PM
Pchaser
Driver

Originally Posted by vassey50
Pchaser, any luck finding what you wanted??

V
sort of ....I pm'ed a member on here he said he had one he pmed me back but neither of us are on CL much anymore so we're playing pm tag I sent him my email so he can contact me there so im waiting now...

I am selling my black one on eBay (actually I sold it but i think its a deadbeat bidder) they should be banned!!
I think I gotta relist it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4163&rd=1&rd=1

did u find yours?

Last edited by Pchaser; 11-13-06 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-14-06, 08:55 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

Hi P, nothing yet. Still spend hours per week trying to find one though, thank god VOIP exists otherwise my telephone bills would prohibit me from owning my car. I saw your auction on ebay, too bad about the bidder. If they don't pay make you they do 'pay' and leave some neg feedback. I'm waiting on some local salvage shops to get back to me. I emailed them and asked them if they ahd any donor 97-01 Es's, so if i think they might have a grey unit I'll ask while I'm looking for my tan one. Talk soon. How's the car?

V

Quick Reply: WTB: 00-01 ES300 wood steering wheel