ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Does Lexus participate in these forums?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-19, 01:07 PM
Gr8Car4Me
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Does Lexus participate in these forums?

I've never previously purchased a new car so, this forum business is new to me. I'm finding I really enjoy driving and owning my new ES350 UL, and these forums are fun to read. However, I can't help but wonder why Lexus does not participate. I'd think they would want to engage with their customers, especially the enthusiastic ones. After all, they have a brand to maintain. As an owner I now have a connection to the brand. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone ever heard of Lexus participating in the forum, or if members would prefer they didn't. Thanks!
Old 03-21-19, 01:52 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

I've been participating in the 6th. and 7th. generation forums for going on 7 years. I've never seen an official reply or post from anyone from Lexus or Toyota regarding the Lexus brand.
There have been posts from employees of Lexus that were answering others' questions, but they were informal. I totally agree with you that it would be beneficial for those designers and engineers to read, interact, and get feedback on their product. For me, I find this forum to be extremely helpful with answers, explanations, opinions, and direction for my Lexus car.
The saying "two heads are better than one" is a very true statement. I think that you will also find that most members, including myself, of the Lexus forum will help you with any issues you might have. I also own a classic Corvette and belong to that forum as well. I can't count how many questions and problems have been resolved and how helpful they have been with a 21 year old car...
Old 03-21-19, 02:49 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

I think most new owners get an invitation to join the Lexus Advisory Board. If you join, you will be sent surveys periodically. You are asked specific questions regarding your current vehicle and asked your opinion on possible future Lexus vehicles.

I'm sure their marketing team monitors this forum and maybe even participates. However, they are more than likely not allowed to represent Lexus in an official manner. My company has this policy.
Old 03-22-19, 04:38 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
However, they are more than likely not allowed to represent Lexus in an official manner. My company has this policy.
In most cases, yes. Chrysler had a rep on the 300C Forum, who assisted and advised members frequently. Chrysler probably needed a whole lotta good will (although I was very happy with my 300C.)

Old 03-28-19, 06:34 PM
Gr8Car4Me
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you all. It makes sense that Lexus is listening, but has a social media policy that prohibits candid participation in a Forum such as this. It's too bad because they know a lot about our cars and could be a great resource for factual information.

Today I got a JD Powers survey that I filled out. I'm very happy with the car so I rated it highly.