0 -60 times for the 2019 ES 350? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

0 -60 times for the 2019 ES 350?

Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM
CJS57
Driver

Default 0 -60 times for the 2019 ES 350?

Anyone found this or did their own testing? My 2010 ES 350 "felt" just as quick with 30 less HP. Maybe because the 2019 is so much smoother?
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM
signdetres
Lead Lap

I think it's because these newer cars are so smooth and refined from powertrain to noise/vibration/harshness isolation that you just don't feel the sensation of speed like you would in cars of yesteryear. Even suspension control is remarkably improved which contributes to less squat under hard acceleration (when the nose of the car lifts up), especially if your car has AVS as it can actively compensate for these types of body motions. Lastly I think it has something to do with the way these cars deliver power due to their naturally aspirated V6 motors in which power comes on in a more linear fashion with RPM rather than all at once like in a turbocharged car. I think when you combine all of these factors, it makes the cars feel slower when in reality, they're quicker or just as quick, you just don't feel it.
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM
95bat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJS57 View Post
Anyone found this or did their own testing? My 2010 ES 350 "felt" just as quick with 30 less HP. Maybe because the 2019 is so much smoother?
The last article I read placed it at 6 seconds 0-60.

Whether you're in a 2010 or 2019, you can squeeze in a power nap before they hit 100
Old Today, 11:31 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

I would have thought that having 8 gears rather than 6 would offset any gearing changes. The ES is basically the same drive train I had in my IS350, which although it felt faster, I'm not sure it was. I think the engine and wind noise in makes you think you're going faster than you are. The ES is so quiet and smooth, it's almost eerie when accelerating hard.

I may be wrong, but I think the ES is almost as fast as my '02 Camaro Z28 that I thought was a race car! The ES actually has more stock HP than the Z28, but the sound it made was glorious.
Old Today, 12:07 PM
1stTimeLex
Driver School Candidate

I sent my kid on a gas run and he 'mentioned' that it feels like a 6.5-ish 0-60 time... which probably translates to him stomping my car with his buddy running stopwatch during the run. I forgot to set nanny modes before they left.
Old Today, 02:23 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1stTimeLex View Post
I sent my kid on a gas run and he 'mentioned' that it feels like a 6.5-ish 0-60 time... which probably translates to him stomping my car with his buddy running stopwatch during the run. I forgot to set nanny modes before they left.
6.5 is probably about right. Congrats - your ES is officially broken in 😁
Old Today, 04:30 PM
95bat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
I would have thought that having 8 gears rather than 6 would offset any gearing changes. The ES is basically the same drive train I had in my IS350, which although it felt faster, I'm not sure it was. I think the engine and wind noise in makes you think you're going faster than you are. The ES is so quiet and smooth, it's almost eerie when accelerating hard.

I may be wrong, but I think the ES is almost as fast as my '02 Camaro Z28 that I thought was a race car! The ES actually has more stock HP than the Z28, but the sound it made was glorious.
You're a bit off

The LS1 in the '02 F-body was underrated from the factory. Most of them put down 300rwhp, or about 350 at the crank. It was also RWD with MUCH more torque. Those cars ran low 13s stock in the 1/4 mile, some unicorn runs even had them in the high 12s stock. It's about 2 full seconds faster than the ES in the 1/4 mile At those speeds it's roughly 20 car lengths ahead lol (usually 1/10s of a second is about 1 car lengh)

I'm a bit of a fan... my first car was a 1995 Firebird I love 4th gen F-bodies!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: