Sun roof water leak and Audio system

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-18, 02:45 AM
isisjk
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sun roof water leak and Audio system

Yes, unfortunately.......
My new car 2019 Lexus ES300h Australian I guess same goes in korea and other nations.
Water leaks from sunroof when heavy rain or hose water directly to roof. eg car wash. its not much but IT DOSE LEAK

There is another problem !!
Audio system.....

Standard PIONEER and Premium MARK LEVINSON both have same problem. Audio volume ratio from front to rear is about 9 :1 for PIONEER and 8 : 2 for Premium , In easier words when you put volume level at 10, sounds comes out from front speakers at 9 and 1 from rear.
If you change balance 100% to rear you can only hear 10% of volume level 10 which is very tiny. It feels like 2 desktop PC speakers and a tiny rear speaker which meant to be 10 (17 for premium) speakers surround sound system.
Sound quality itself is not bad at all just rear speakers not functioning as they suppose to do.
These two are my main concerns at the moment. They havent broke my heart yet because it is a great car.
7th generation LEXUS ES300H is a great vehicle to drive. Real life fuel consumption is 5 ~ 6 litres per 100km 50 litre full fuel tank range about 900 ~ 1000km(550 ~620 miles) depends how you drive.
ECO mode gives great economy , Normal is normal and SPORT mode real turns the car in different level. The sport mode allows faster and more aggressive throttle response unlike other hybrid cars IT GOES it feels more than 160kw(210HP)
WHO SAYS ALL CVT SUCKS ? I LOVE IT !!
and thanks to new chassis(GLK platform?) despite without adaptive dampers it corners nicely , dont get me wrong its not cornering machine like 86 or MX-5 but for its size and characteristic Very Impressive.
SEATS are super comfy , massive boot size , too many to show off..... sunroof and audio sob sob.... T T

The most of new generation models of all car makers have done mistakes.

DIFFERENCE IS IGNORE FOR PROFIT OR ADMIT & LEARN.

I HAVE FATE IN LEXUS.

I have arranged service booking next week (27th dec 2018) will come back for updates

thanks for reading TADA

Last edited by isisjk; 12-20-18 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-20-18, 12:12 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by isisjk
My new car 2019 Lexus ES300h Australian I guess same goes in korea and other nations.
Water leaks from sunroof when heavy rain or hose water directly to roof. eg car wash. its not much but IT DOSE LEAK

Audio system.....

Standard PIONEER and Premium MARK LEVINSON both have same problem. Audio volume ratio from front to rear is about 9 :1 for PIONEER and 8 : 2 for Premium , In easier words when you put volume level at 10, sounds comes out from front speakers at 9 and 1 from rear.
If you change balance 100% to rear you can only hear 10% of volume level 10 which is very tiny. It feels like 2 desktop PC speakers and a tiny rear speaker which meant to be 10 (17 for premium) speakers surround sound system.
Sound quality itself is not bad at all just rear speakers not functioning as they suppose to do.
These two are my main concerns at the moment. They havent broke my heart yet because it is a great car.
7th generation LEXUS ES300H is a great vehicle to drive. Real life fuel consumption is 5 ~ 6 litres per 100km 50 litre full fuel tank range about 900 ~ 1000km(550 ~620 miles) depends how you drive.
ECO mode gives great economy , Normal is normal and SPORT mode real turns the car in different level. The sport mode allows faster and more aggressive throttle response unlike other hybrid cars IT GOES it feels more than 160kw(210HP)
and thanks to new chassis(GLK platform?) despite without adaptive dampers it corners nicely , dont get me wrong its not cornering machine like 86 or MX-5 but for its size and characteristic Very Impressive.
SEATS are super comfy , massive boot size , too many to show off..... sunroof and audio sob sob.... T T

I HAVE FATE IN LEXUS.

I have arranged service booking next week (27th dec 2018) will come back for updates

thanks for reading TADA
Audio is a common complaint. As bad as it is Lexus is not going to do anything about it(maybe 2020 model they'll fix it).

Sunroof on the other hand... Lexus needs to take care of that asap.
The following users liked this post:
isisjk (12-20-18)
Old 12-20-18, 02:03 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by isisjk

Audio system.....

I HAVE FATE IN LEXUS.

thanks for reading TADA
You absolutely need to take it back for the leaking sunroof. For the sound system I've heard others mention the same thing. There are more speakers in the front than the back but I think it's designed that way on purpose. It's supposed to be like music is being performed on the stage in front of you. Think like you are at a concert. The music doesn't come from behind you. That's what I've read anyways. Personally when I listened to the 2019 ES sound system (both the Pioneer and Mark Levinson) I didn't really notice the rear having a lower volume level.
isisjk (12-20-18)
Old 12-20-18, 09:16 PM
isisjk
Driver School Candidate

yes I do agree with your comment
I can`t say defected audio system if they are designed that way, frankly saying audio sounds pretty good in the car.
Though sunroof is a defect 100% and I am sure Lexus will do something about it.....
Old 12-30-18, 10:03 PM
isisjk
Driver School Candidate

Default MOONROOF and AUDIO SYSTEM

Hi fellas
I got back from Lexus service with answers !

1. Sunroof water leak
Lexus australia service tech confirmed water leak from sunroof Here is what LEXUS documented :
"FOUND VERY MINOR LEAK FROM CENTRE REAR OF THE MOONROOF. NEW MOONROOF RUBBER SEAL ON ORDER FROM JAPAN 14 days"

2.PIONEER SOUND SYSTEM FOR LUXURY MODEL (MARK LEVINSON FOR ULTRA)
"CARRIED OUT ACTIVE TEST ON ALL SPEAKERS. THE OPERATION IS NORMAL , THE REAR SPEAKERS ARE MID RANGE"
Tech person told me "I do agree rear section has much less sound compare to front , I don`t understand but it is how LEXUS designed the system for concert stage effect and their concept,
Also told me MARK LEVINSON system is also designed in same way but better because more sound at mid and bigger sub woofer at rear.

At Lexus service centre kindly allowed me to test audios with pretty much all models
I tested on IS , NX , ES and GS they were all same. They didnt have LS and LC but I dont think they will be any different.
It is just an UNIQUE SOUND TUNING , no defect or poor quality.
I honestly have no complain about quality of audio sound just It was strange when I put 100% balance at rear.

I rate LEXUS service 9/10
Because they parked my car at outside in 39'c heat before pick up had to park under shade for 5 mins before drive.
other than that I am satisfied with their communication manner and service.
The famous LEXUS Courtesy car service (free) while getting serviced ,gave me NX300 F sports was fun to drive.

Thanks for reading and will get back after moonroof get serviced.
reposado2 (12-30-18)
Old 12-31-18, 09:08 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,214 Likes on 633 Posts

That is great news there is a fix for your sunroof! Hopefully the new rubber seal does it job and seals it up nicely.

39C is getting pretty hot, you might think about treating that sunroof trim so the heat doesn't dry it out in the future. We get hot summers here (110+ F) and I keep the sealed treated with that 303 Rubber Seal Protectant and Conditioner. Works great!