ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Pulled the trigger on a 2019

Old 11-30-18, 07:26 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,680 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
When I checked the inventory at the dealer where I bought my 2017 ES, I saw that they had 2 ES 350 UL cars and 1 ESh UL car in their first shipment of the 2019s. Those 3 were gone within days. A couple of weeks ago, they got one more ES 350 UL car, and it was gone in 3 or 4 days. Just this week, they got another ESh UL car, and I will be surprised if it isn't gone quickly, too. Considering how few ES UL cars are coming into dealers and how quickly those cars are selling, I suspect that you did especially well with the price you paid for yours because I'm sure that the dealers realize that they will be able to sell those UL cars very quickly without having to offer huge discounting from MSRP.
I've been watching inventory at two local dealers and honestly, it doesn't seem like they're moving that well at least for now. I'm focused on the FSport for now. I made an offer on one that was rejected a month ago and that car is still sitting there.
Old 11-30-18, 09:51 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I've been watching inventory at two local dealers and honestly, it doesn't seem like they're moving that well at least for now. I'm focused on the FSport for now. I made an offer on one that was rejected a month ago and that car is still sitting there.
Your observation is actually quite consistent with what I said.

At the dealers whose inventories I've been checking, it would appear that a large portion of the 2019 ESs that they are getting are the F-Sport, and I agree that those F-Sport cars don't seem to be selling well. The situation, however, with ES 350 Ultra Luxury cars is quite different. Dealers are getting very few of them, and, when a dealer does get an UL car, it is likely that it will be sold in just a few days.

I suspect that Lexus may have over estimated what the demand was going to be for the ES F-Sport. While the car has some very nice features, it comes with a selling price that is very close to that of an ES UL, and the F-Sport lacks some features, like even the standard leather (not to mention semi-aniline leather) interior, which aren't even available as options on the F-Sport. I suspect that, if the rumored F-Sport AWD becomes a reality at some point in the future, it will attract some of those who, in the past, have bought a GS. Until then, my guess would be that the FWD F-Sport will appeal to some, but the majority of traditional ES buyers will choose to buy a Luxury or Ultra Luxury ES for a cost similar to that of an F-Sport.

Last edited by lesz; 11-30-18 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-30-18, 10:08 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Well the car I just bought hasn't even arrived yet and it's sold. So your post/opinion is validated Les.
Old 11-30-18, 10:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Your observation is actually quite consistent with what I said.

At the dealers whose inventories I've been checking, it would appear that a large portion of the 2019 ESs that they are getting are the F-Sport, and I agree that those F-Sport cars don't seem to be selling well. The situation, however, with ES 350 Ultra Luxury cars is quite different. Dealers are getting very few of them, and, when a dealer does get an UL car, it is likely that it will be sold in just a few days.

I suspect that Lexus may have over estimated what the demand was going to be for the ES F-Sport. While the car has some very nice features, it comes with a selling price that is very close to that of an ES UL, and the F-Sport lacks some features, like even the standard leather (not to mention semi-aniline leather) interior, which aren't even available as options on the F-Sport. I suspect that, if the rumored F-Sport AWD becomes a reality at some point in the future, it will attract some of those who, in the past, have bought a GS. Until then, my guess would be that the FWD F-Sport will appeal to some, but the majority of traditional ES buyers will choose to buy a Luxury or Ultra Luxury ES for a cost similar to that of an F-Sport.
I hear you - all a matter of personal preference. My local dealer has ten ULs in stock and they seem to be sitting idle as well. To me, the non FSports are missing the things I want. I couldn't care less about the semi-aniline honestly.

Last edited by mikemu30; 11-30-18 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-30-18, 12:04 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

I hear you - all a matter of personal preference. My local dealer has ten ULs in stock and they seem to be sitting idle as well. To me, the non FSports are missing the things I want. I couldn't care less about the semi-aniline honestly.
Just out of curiosity, what is the dealer that has 10 UL ESs in stock? I just checked the inventories of 4 of the largest volume Lexus dealers in the entire US. The largest volume dealer on the West Coast has 1 UL ES in its inventory. The largest volume dealer in the Midwest has 1 UL ES in its inventory. The largest volume Lexus dealer in the South has 1 ES in its current inventory. And the largest volume dealer in the Southeast has no UL ES in its current inventory.
Old 11-30-18, 12:10 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Just out of curiosity, what is the dealer that has 10 UL ESs in stock? I just checked the inventories of 4 of the largest volume Lexus dealers in the entire US. The largest volume dealer on the West Coast has 1 UL ES in its inventory. The largest volume dealer in the Midwest has 1 UL ES in its inventory. The largest volume Lexus dealer in the South has 1 ES in its current inventory. And the largest volume dealer in the Southeast has no UL ES in its current inventory.
Try Prestige in northern NJ. Lexus of Englewood in the same area also has a bunch.

https://www.prestigelexus.com/Vehicl...lePrice%7Cdesc
Old 11-30-18, 12:36 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Try Prestige in northern NJ. Lexus of Englewood in the same area also has a bunch.

https://www.prestigelexus.com/Vehicl...lePrice%7Cdesc
Thanks for the information and link.

It makes me wonder whether the distribution of various models/trim levels might vary by geographic region. Both of those dealers appear to be high volume dealers with lots of cars in their inventories, but the percentage of their ES that are UL cars is much higher than what appears to be the case in other regions.
Old 11-30-18, 02:44 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the information and link.

It makes me wonder whether the distribution of various models/trim levels might vary by geographic region. Both of those dealers appear to be high volume dealers with lots of cars in their inventories, but the percentage of their ES that are UL cars is much higher than what appears to be the case in other regions.
Not really sure how the inventory is distributed to dealers. Do they order specific models based on speculation or do they take what they can get? Never really thought about it.
Old 12-06-18, 11:47 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Some photos of the new car I got yesterday...
The following 3 users liked this post by bc6152:
Chinachip (12-07-18), july1988 (10-03-22), LexNYC83 (05-17-20)
Old 12-06-18, 12:21 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Looking good, Bob. Enjoy.

(Is it my imagination or does the hump in the middle of the back seat floor look to be taller than it has been on previous ES? Could the design be ready for the AWD version of the ES that has been speculated?}
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (12-06-18)
Old 12-06-18, 12:48 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Looking good, Bob. Enjoy.

(Is it my imagination or does the hump in the middle of the back seat floor look to be taller than it has been on previous ES? Could the design be ready for the AWD version of the ES that has been speculated?}
You are very observant Les. I asked the salesman about this hump and he stated that the AWD ES is coming and the GS is going. According to him they are building the ES chassis right now that would be for the AWD version of the ES 300/350... So if anyone is looking for an AWD Lexus ES, hold onto your money as it looks like it may happen sooner rather than later. We'll see...
Old 12-06-18, 01:32 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

After my 2016 was totaled a little early I had to get a 2018 Atomic Silver ES and didn't feel too bad about it until I saw your pictures - really nice, and what I would have ordered for December delivery. Flaxen interior with a little dark trim is better than the prior model. Let us know if you can hear (or not hear) the difference with the noise reducing wheels.

Dave Mac
bc6152 (12-06-18)
Old 12-06-18, 02:54 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

beautiful car and color combo.
bc6152 (12-06-18)
Old 12-06-18, 05:04 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

Yes, beautiful car. You will enjoy that.
bc6152 (12-06-18)
Old 12-06-18, 05:08 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I have had matte bamboo interior trim and found it to be really easy to maintain scratch-free and in Arizona it was noticeably cooler to the touch in the summer months.

Dave Mac

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on a 2019