Notices
ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Pulled the trigger on a 2019

Old 01-09-19, 02:22 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL View Post
The triple beam option is terrific. We have an '18 RC F Sport with them and they're superior on dark roads to any other car's headlights I've ever owned.

On the '19 ES F Sport. they're even better than last years RC.

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/ve...0-4-door-sedan

Triple beam earned an "G" for headlights, and the comments were better than almost any car iihs tested.

So was the triple beam new for the ES, in 2019?
Old 01-09-19, 03:57 PM
LeeSoFL
Driver

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
So was the triple beam new for the ES, in 2019?
No, but as an example, they were available on the '17 RC F Sport (probably other models too) and received a POOR rating from iihs.

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/ve...oor-coupe/2017

The configuration was different, with one over two instead of three inline. They have obviously been improving their performance, with the '19 ES having much better coverage.

On a dark road, the triple beam provides a wide, tall, bright white light. The high beam setting increases the projected height, and increases the brightness field lower on the road.

As I said, I was happy with the triple beam on the '18 RC F Sport, and the '19 ES is even better.
Old 01-09-19, 04:25 PM
bc6152
Lexus Champion

Liked 194 Times in 167 Posts

I was a non-believer in the triple LED headlights, thinking that Lexus only wished to bump up the price $1500.00. Well I'm here to tell you that they are worth every penny. Especially the cornering and leveling aspect. Driving in a rural area at night in conjunction with the auto hi beam feature is the best.
Old 01-09-19, 04:58 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Liked 178 Times in 157 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
I was a non-believer in the triple LED headlights, thinking that Lexus only wished to bump up the price $1500.00. Well I'm here to tell you that they are worth every penny. Especially the cornering and leveling aspect. Driving in a rural area at night in conjunction with the auto hi beam feature is the best.
I have to agree - I actually searched for an FSport without them, couldn't find one so now that I have them, I see the value.
Old 01-09-19, 05:08 PM
TechNut
Lexus Test Driver

Liked 60 Times in 58 Posts

That was my experience with the NX. That’s why I kept encouraging people to give them a test drive before discounting them merely due to the additional cost. I thought they were worth the cost and these on the ES seemed to be an improved version over our 2016 MY. Glad to hear you are “seeing” the same thing.

nuraman00: yes, this is the first year the ES has had a triple beam headlight option. The “premium” headlights in the past three model years were a “BI-LED” headlight - which was a single LED lamp. I’m not sure if both hi-beams and Low-beams had the same design but I presume so.
Old 01-10-19, 12:26 AM
hisstojay
Driver

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Some photos of the new car I got yesterday...
This is absolutely AWESOME
Old 01-11-19, 11:33 AM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TechNut View Post

That was my experience with the NX. That’s why I kept encouraging people to give them a test drive before discounting them merely due to the additional cost. I thought they were worth the cost and these on the ES seemed to be an improved version over our 2016 MY. Glad to hear you are “seeing” the same thing.

nuraman00: yes, this is the first year the ES has had a triple beam headlight option. The “premium” headlights in the past three model years were a “BI-LED” headlight - which was a single LED lamp. I’m not sure if both hi-beams and Low-beams had the same design but I presume so.
Ok, so standard lights: LED low beams, halogen high beams.

Bi-LED: LED for low and high.

Triple beam LED: 3 layers of LED.

lesz didn't like the Bi-LED.

lesz, how do you feel about the triple beam?

Originally Posted by lesz View Post
The standard headlights for the current model year ES are LED low beams and halogen high beams. The bi-LED option has LED low beam and high beam lights. It can be noted that, while the LED high beams have what many would consider to be a neater look, the halogen high beams actually project out further and provide better illumination than do the LED high beams.
Old 01-30-19, 04:44 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Can you post a picture of the triple beam LEDs in use?
Old 02-01-19, 01:48 AM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

I got a notification that @mikemu30 made a post in this thread on Thursday morning. But I don't see the post.
Old 02-01-19, 11:48 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

I got a notification that @mikemu30 made a post in this thread on Thursday morning. But I don't see the post.
I had an issue with the attachment. Just go online and you will find plenty of images. The triple LEDs are truly amazing and I never thought I would say they're worth the $1,500 but they are.
Old 02-01-19, 10:49 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

I tried looking again, but I can't find good images or videos of the triple LEDs in use. I just see videos or pictures of them showing the style.
Old 02-04-19, 09:09 AM
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic

Liked 347 Times in 274 Posts

I spent many hours at my local Lexus dealer on Friday while I was picking up my new GS. This gave me some time to really dig in and check out the new ES. You ES guys are getting one awesome car. That interior is just fantastic and such an improvement over the outgoing model. Congrats to you all!
The following 2 users liked this post by JDR76:
bc6152 (02-04-19), mikemu30 (02-04-19)
Old 02-04-19, 09:57 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

I tried looking again, but I can't find good images or videos of the triple LEDs in use. I just see videos or pictures of them showing the style.
Youtube the Redline review of the 2019 ES and you'll see them at around the two minute mark.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: