Pulled the trigger on a 2019 - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Pulled the trigger on a 2019

Old 12-06-18, 06:36 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lesz View Post
Yes, to me, the semi-aniline leather is a very nice upgrade over the standard leather. It is much more supple and has a more luxurious feel to it.

With the introduction of the 2019 ES, Lexus seems to have made some changes in its pricing strategy for the ES. The base price for a 2019 ES is very close to the base price for a 2018 ES. I suspect that the reason for that is that Lexus wanted to keep the starting price for the ES below $40,000. But the total MSRP of a typical 2019 ES is now anywhere from $2000 to $4000 higher than that of a similarly equipped 2018 ES because Lexus has bumped up the prices of many options, and they seem to be shipping cars that are packed with those more expensive options.

For example, for the 2019 ES, Lexus is now shipping most ES 350 Luxury cars with many options that, with the Generation 6 ES, were likely to be found only on the Generation 6 ES with the UL package. The result is that a typical 2019 ES Luxury is likely to have an MSRP that is over $2000 higher than was the MSRP of a 2018 UL package ES. And, with ES Luxury cars for 2019 being packed with many options that, in the Generation 6 cars, would have only come with the UL package, there is now only about a $1000 difference between a typical Ultra Luxury car and a typical Luxury car.

For that relatively small difference, I would have a difficult time not going for the Ultra Luxury. For me, the semi-aniline leather, by itself, would allow me to justify the extra cost, and the other Ultra Luxury features would just be a bonus.
What is the difference between a Premium and Luxury?

Ok, a base with Premium and Navigation is $45, 045.

A Luxury with Navigation is $47, 445.

Would there be anything in the base with Premium and Navigation, that wouldn't be in the Luxury with Navigation?

It also appears you can now get the Mark Levinson package on a base model with the Premium package? Before, the Luxury package was needed, right?

It's too bad you can't get the Semi-Aniline seats as a stand alone.
Old 12-06-18, 06:38 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
Well I just thought that for a list price of $1515.00 there wasn't a substantial difference to justify triple over the standard. However to eliminate having to special order a car exactly the way I wanted it, I accepted this one with the triple LED headlights, the pano roof (which I didn't want either) and the noise reduction 18" wheels. Honestly, I don't know what Lexus actually means with "noise reducing wheels". I can't say that the 17" wheels on my recently sold 2013 were noisy... Anyway, it's done now and I have to admit that the triple LED's do look pretty cool... Thanks for the congrats Doug.
I don't know what "noise reducing wheels" means either.

What's the discussion about the triple LED headlights vs the alternative? What's different about the headlights in 2019? They don't have the halogen option anymore?
Old 12-06-18, 06:41 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Like I said in previous posts, shoot them an offer that may be substantially under what they're offering. I offered $49k and the salesman didn't want to go back to the manager with it. I insisted and he did. The T/O (turnover) manager came out and handed me a paper with the figure of $50,500. I said no and countered with $49, 500. He held out his hand and we shook on it... I then said that before I sign I would like you to include the Lexus floor liners in the deal. The manager looked at the salesman and both smiled. Then OK. Remember that the most they can say is "no". Don't be shy... GOOD LUCK! BTW I'm available as a negotiator for a small fee... JK, JK... If you hire me and Les you'd probably get the car for half price...
You mean the All Weather Floor Liners, right?
Old 12-06-18, 06:44 PM
bc6152
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
You mean the All Weather Floor Liners, right?
Yes, Lexus logo all weather floor liners @ $159.00.
Old 12-06-18, 06:46 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

You are very observant Les. I asked the salesman about this hump and he stated that the AWD ES is coming and the GS is going. According to him they are building the ES chassis right now that would be for the AWD version of the ES 300/350... So if anyone is looking for an AWD Lexus ES, hold onto your money as it looks like it may happen sooner rather than later. We'll see...
That sucks.

https://carbuzz.com/news/lexus-is-an...-be-killed-off

I'm for giving consumers more options, so they can decide what they like best.
Old 12-06-18, 06:48 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Congrats bc6152. Thanks for posting pictures too.

As you were helpful to me earlier in the year, I'm happy for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to nuraman00 For This Useful Post:
bc6152 (12-06-18)
Old 12-06-18, 07:30 PM
Mike728
Lexus Champion

Beautiful car! I'm sure you'll be a great asset to the 7th gen forum, as you were to us in the 6th. Stop by and visit us once in awhile.
Old 12-06-18, 08:00 PM
bc6152
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mike728 View Post
Beautiful car! I'm sure you'll be a great asset to the 7th gen forum, as you were to us in the 6th. Stop by and visit us once in awhile.
My heart is still in #6... Took a shot of the side molding for you Mike. Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bc6152 For This Useful Post:
Mike728 (12-07-18)
Old 12-06-18, 08:02 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

I've read about some changes in the driver side console. Like they don't display elapsed time anymore.

What are some differences between your 2013 and this one, that you like and dislike?

One thing I wish they would do is be able to make the center air vents fully close-able.

Mercedes has a great design for this. You just rotate the air vents to fully close them.

On the Lexus, they could just add a vertical dial next to each one.
Old 12-06-18, 08:03 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

My heart is still in #6... Took a shot of the side molding for you Mike. Thanks!!
I love your pictures. Your thread is the first one I've seen, in this 7th gen forum, with clear pictures of the interior.

And the side molding too.
Old 12-06-18, 08:30 PM
bc6152
Lexus Champion

I'm finding that the voice activation of numerous features is excellent. The power trunk kick opener is the best. Les was right about the semi aniline leather, it is very supple and rich looking. Haven't checked out the pano roof yet as it was freezing here in Pennsy today. 25F. The center display is, well, large... I have the HUD feature but find it distracting always in front of my eyes. Heated seats are very nice and have several LED settings. The LDW vibrates the steering wheel and pulls you back into your lane. A bit of a PITA cause it's always going off. Dynamic radar cruise is a real benefit as it slows you down behind other cars and actually tracks the car ahead of you. Most of the other options are available on previous MY and haven't changed much. Only how you access them. Temp setting is cool as you just say what temp you want and it's set. Still have a lot to learn and it's actually overwhelming.
The IT guy at the dealer gave me a quick rundown of how to do everything and I quickly forgot about 90% of it... Probably due to my age... One thing that I'm finding is a bit annoying is the touchpad. Maybe it will get easier. The extra 36 HP gives the car some good zip. My '66 Corvette only had 300...Overall a really nice car with a lot of nice features that has top shelf looks...
Old 12-07-18, 01:08 AM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

I'm finding that the voice activation of numerous features is excellent. The power trunk kick opener is the best. Les was right about the semi aniline leather, it is very supple and rich looking. Haven't checked out the pano roof yet as it was freezing here in Pennsy today. 25F. The center display is, well, large... I have the HUD feature but find it distracting always in front of my eyes. Heated seats are very nice and have several LED settings. The LDW vibrates the steering wheel and pulls you back into your lane. A bit of a PITA cause it's always going off. Dynamic radar cruise is a real benefit as it slows you down behind other cars and actually tracks the car ahead of you. Most of the other options are available on previous MY and haven't changed much. Only how you access them. Temp setting is cool as you just say what temp you want and it's set. Still have a lot to learn and it's actually overwhelming.
The IT guy at the dealer gave me a quick rundown of how to do everything and I quickly forgot about 90% of it... Probably due to my age... One thing that I'm finding is a bit annoying is the touchpad. Maybe it will get easier. The extra 36 HP gives the car some good zip. My '66 Corvette only had 300...Overall a really nice car with a lot of nice features that has top shelf looks...
Thanks for the post.

I didn't know that's what Dynamic radar cruise control did. After reading your post, I did some reading, and you are right.

I'll have to try it sometime.

That is cool how you can tell it what temperature you want.

Old 12-07-18, 05:39 AM
lesz
Lexus Champion

The LDW vibrates the steering wheel and pulls you back into your lane. A bit of a PITA cause it's always going off. Dynamic radar cruise is a real benefit as it slows you down behind other cars and actually tracks the car ahead of you.is cool as you just say what temp you want and it's set. .
Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post

That is cool how you can tell it what temperature you want.
After trading my 2013 ES for a 2017 ES, I commented in posts here about how much better the voice commands work with the Generation 9 navigation system on the 2017 (or 2018 ES) than did the voice commands with the Generation 7 system on the 2013 ES.

With the 2017 (or 2018) ES, you can also use voice commands to set the temperature by just saying something like "72 degrees". You can also do other things with voice commands that you couldn't do with the Generation 7 system. For example, you can change the radio by just saying something like "AM radio 670". And setting destinations with voice commands also works much better than it did with the Generation 7 system.

The LDW vibrates the steering wheel and pulls you back into your lane. A bit of a PITA cause it's always going off. Dynamic radar cruise is a real benefit as it slows you down behind other cars and actually tracks the car ahead of you.
I've also posted that one of the reasons why I traded my 2013 ES for a 2017 is that I had wished that, when I had bought the 2013, I had gotten one with the various safety features. I will never buy another car without them, and I know that the 2019 has a couple of additional safety features that the 2017 (or 2018) ES does not have.

In any case, like you, when I first got the 2017 ES with the lane departure alert, I found that the alert was somewhat annoying, but I quickly got used to it, and I've come to believe that it gives me a good reminder, from time to time, that I should be paying more attention to my driving.

I'm not a big user of cruise control, but, on the occasions when I have used it, I've been impressed with how well the radar cruise control works with regard to keeping a safe distance between your car and the car in front of you.
Old 12-07-18, 12:26 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

I tried the temperature voice commands today.

"Warmer" increased it by 4 degrees.

"78 degrees" set it to 78.

Next I'm going to see what happens if I go above the max, or below the min.

For the LDW, when signaling, it is de-activated.

During one of the rainy days a few weeks ago though, it was activated more than usual. I didn't mind.
Old 12-07-18, 12:43 PM
nuraman00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TechNut View Post
Congrats on the new ride. Iím envious and I have no doubt you will love it. The Atomic Silver is awesome. We love ours, but we have the black interior that is constantly showing dust. I really like the flaxen so I think you are really going to enjoy that combination. You were pretty set on avoiding the triple beam headlights - how did you do in that regard?
What was the discussion about the triple beam headlights about? What are the concerns about?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: