ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Something that annoys you or you love?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-18, 10:42 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

This is something that might annoy some, but I loved it. The leather and soft surfaces of the UL trim appear to my eye to be actually a deep charcoal gray more than true black. Most people probably wouldn't even notice. But, as an artist, I'm particularly attuned to color. I was not expecting to like the black interior because I was thinking it was a black-motorcycle-jacket color. Pleasantly surprised.

While on the topic of leather, the one flaw I have seen repeatedly in my long history with Toyota/Lexus cars is the durability of the leather. Is always soft and supple, but it also shows wear quickly. I looked at a 2016 and could already see wear on the driver's side.
Old 12-29-18, 10:44 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
That looks awful. Unacceptable.
Ditto. Go to your dealer. They will fix that. Sometimes the inspection folk miss something. Your dealer wants you to be happy and will thank you for the opportunity to fix that.
Old 12-29-18, 12:46 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks, re the door fit. I'll have a local dealer look and see how to correct it.
Old 12-29-18, 01:00 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ
This is something that might annoy some, but I loved it. The leather and soft surfaces of the UL trim appear to my eye to be actually a deep charcoal gray more than true black. Most people probably wouldn't even notice. But, as an artist, I'm particularly attuned to color. I was not expecting to like the black interior because I was thinking it was a black-motorcycle-jacket color. Pleasantly surprised.

While on the topic of leather, the one flaw I have seen repeatedly in my long history with Toyota/Lexus cars is the durability of the leather. Is always soft and supple, but it also shows wear quickly. I looked at a 2016 and could already see wear on the driver's side.
I was a bit reluctant to go for the FSport due to the Nuluxe only choice but now that I have it, I can already tell how much better it will hold up compared to the real stuff. And honestly you'd never know from the feel that its synthetic.
Old 12-29-18, 04:33 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Default Another option. Not better, just different....

Originally Posted by scoresman
I have a 90° usb cable - but I guess the profile is not low enough. Where did you get yours?
I decided to use one of the USB plugs on the rear of the console and run the 3ft cable alongside the seat. It virtually disappears. Plus I can drop my external battery pack into the console while it's plugged in and the console lid easily closes over the cable.
The following users liked this post:
scoresman (12-29-18)
Old 12-29-18, 05:34 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

I decided to use one of the USB plugs on the rear of the console
I thought those two in the rear don't support Apple Car Play?
Old 12-30-18, 07:50 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
I thought those two in the rear don't support Apple Car Play?
That I don't know. I use them strictly for charging. Can't you use Apple Car play via Bluetooth? (Obviously, I'm not an Apple user)
Old 12-30-18, 08:18 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

That I don't know. I use them strictly for charging. Can't you use Apple Car play via Bluetooth? (Obviously, I'm not an Apple user)
No ACP won't work via bluetooth. Only the two forward will work with ACP. Also a connected thumb drive is overridden when you plug a phone into the second usb. The cable plug can remain in the connector without a phone attached.
AnthonyMJ (12-30-18)
Old 12-31-18, 04:32 AM
abyat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what color? Curious to see pictures. The finish on both of our Lexus cars is impeccable.

Hi;
Here's a picture.
And please guys, if any of you has an email for Lexus' customer support in Japan, post it. Thanks.
Old 12-31-18, 06:10 AM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
yes have the cable as mentioned it works. All others didnt. Thanks LeeSoFl.
Old 12-31-18, 06:42 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Talking of annoying, although minor. Why is there no Android Auto?
Old 12-31-18, 07:16 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Talking of annoying, although minor. Why is there no Android Auto?
To annoy us - the Android users. I'm never switching to Crapple so I guess I have to live without it.
Old 12-31-18, 08:51 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

To annoy us - the Android users. I'm never switching to Crapple so I guess I have to live without it.
I simply paired android phone for audio and have access to my music as well as Google Map directions audio but still have to look at the phone for video. Can't wait until Beat Sonic gets their 7th gen screen mirroring device to market. It works like a dream on our 2016 RX. I'm ready to pull the trigger. Next to Google Maps, the Lexus Nav system can't compare. I can get audio. It would be nice to have video as well.
ES63 (01-02-19)
Old 12-31-18, 01:24 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I simply paired android phone for audio and have access to my music as well as Google Map directions audio but still have to look at the phone for video. Can't wait until Beat Sonic gets their 7th gen screen mirroring device to market. It works like a dream on our 2016 RX. I'm ready to pull the trigger. Next to Google Maps, the Lexus Nav system can't compare. I can get audio. It would be nice to have video as well.
It seems to work well once you figure out the idiosyncrasies like I experienced recently with toll roads. The live traffic feed is also improved from the prior generation but still cant top WAZE.
Old 01-02-19, 07:19 AM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

+1 on the Beat Sonic, reached out to them they asked which year , but other than that have not had a response

Quick Reply: Something that annoys you or you love?