ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

How long does it take to get custom, factory order?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-18, 10:10 AM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking How long does it take to get custom, factory order?

I live in southern California, and I custom, factory ordered a 2019 Lexus ES 350 UL, loaded, about three weeks ago (10-01-18). I understand the American version of the ES 350 is assembled in Kentucky (TRUE?). Has anyone out there been a recipient of a recent ES 350 "custom factory order" who can give me a clue on how long it will take for delivery of my new car? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-18, 10:26 AM
ZMKA18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get any discount? My dealer in TX say it will be MSRP if I order. Is that the case always?
Old 10-21-18, 10:59 AM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZMKA18
Did you get any discount? My dealer in TX say it will be MSRP if I order. Is that the case always?
I shopped through Internet sales only and contacted six Lexus dealers via email. I sent each a shopping list of all my requirements and asked for a firm, fixed bottom-line price including all fees, license, and taxes. I ended up going through the Costco Auto Program (very responsive) and, supposedly, I am getting a discount. I am guessing a discount of between $3K and $5K. I won't know for sure 'till the car is delivered and the serious contract signing is done. I had one dealer tell me that they were selling MSRP only; others offered discounts challenging Costco. I must say, that it is hard to believe any of them manage to sell cars do to the incompetence of the sales force and their lack of product knowledge.
The following users liked this post:
ZMKA18 (10-21-18)
Old 10-21-18, 11:33 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,215 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by giaruso
I live in southern California, and I custom, factory ordered a 2019 Lexus ES 350 UL, loaded, about three weeks ago (10-01-18). I understand the American version of the ES 350 is assembled in Kentucky (TRUE?). Has anyone out there been a recipient of a recent ES 350 "custom factory order" who can give me a clue on how long it will take for delivery of my new car? Thanks in advance.
I was told 120 days to custom order a car. The dealership was able to add the options I wanted on a car they already had in the order process so it'll only be about 45 days now.
Old 10-21-18, 11:49 AM
mickbrown
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I custom ordered a UL 300h two weeks ago in Greenville SC and they say ~ March ‘19.
$2.5k discount plus whatever discounts are in effect at time of delivery
Old 10-21-18, 11:49 AM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 95bat
I was told 120 days to custom order a car. The dealership was able to add the options I wanted on a car they already had in the order process so it'll only be about 45 days now.
YIKES! 120 days, that'll be a month into the new year. OK, thanks so much. When I finally get the car, I'll do a post here announcing the actual delivery date.
Old 10-21-18, 11:51 AM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mickbrown
I custom ordered a UL 300h two weeks ago in Greenville SC and they say ~ March ‘19.
$2.5k discount plus whatever discounts are in effect at time of delivery
Thank you! With those ETAs, I hope I am still around when mine finally gets here.
Old 10-21-18, 12:06 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by giaruso
I shopped through Internet sales only and contacted six Lexus dealers via email. I sent each a shopping list of all my requirements and asked for a firm, fixed bottom-line price including all fees, license, and taxes. I ended up going through the Costco Auto Program (very responsive) and, supposedly, I am getting a discount. I am guessing a discount of between $3K and $5K. I won't know for sure 'till the car is delivered and the serious contract signing is done. I had one dealer tell me that they were selling MSRP only; others offered discounts challenging Costco. I must say, that it is hard to believe any of them manage to sell cars do to the incompetence of the sales force and their lack of product knowledge.
Are you saying that you bought the car and don't know what the price is? From your post it sounds like you'll find out when the car is delivered. Suppose it's list? Would you agree to pay the MSRP for a car? Costco pricing is supposed to be fixed. I know, I used it. You say "supposedly I am getting a discount". You don't know if there will be any discount? How about if the price is too high for your approval. Then what? Cancel the order and will you get your deposit back? Not the kind of deal I would even consider doing...
Old 10-21-18, 12:41 PM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bc6152
Are you saying that you bought the car and don't know what the price is? From your post it sounds like you'll find out when the car is delivered. Suppose it's list? Would you agree to pay the MSRP for a car? Costco pricing is supposed to be fixed. I know, I used it. You say "supposedly I am getting a discount". You don't know if there will be any discount? How about if the price is too high for your approval. Then what? Cancel the order and will you get your deposit back? Not the kind of deal I would even consider doing...
Well, they did give me the quote I wanted with a "bottom line" price which did show a reasonable discount (previous post); but, they cannot totally guarantee it 'till the car gets here and they see what was on the window sticker. The guy even noted there may even be further discount depending on any Lexus program available at the time of delivery. Trust me, of all the dealers I went to, my dealer quoted the lowest price. Any factory price variation from the original quote could affect license and taxes too. No, I would not pay "list" or "MSRP!" I'd show 'em their quote, if they are not reasonably close in the plus side, I'll assume they "low balled" me and I'll walk. There was no deposit; there was "The Right of Refusal" for any reason. I hope this answers your question.

Last edited by giaruso; 10-21-18 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-21-18, 06:12 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

ordered my 2019 ES300H UL 9/21 expect to be up to 4 months from japan for thr hybrid
I wont tell you how much I got off
I ordered my wife a 2019 NX300h luxury same deal 4 months

Philip
Old 10-21-18, 06:20 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
ordered my 2019 ES300H UL 9/21 expect to be up to 4 months from japan for thr hybrid
I wont tell you how much I got off
I ordered my wife a 2019 NX300h luxury same deal 4 months

Philip
Good Luck. So how much discount did you get off of MSRP? You can tell us and we won't tell anyone else...
Old 10-21-18, 06:26 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bc6152
Good Luck. So how much discount did you get off of MSRP? You can tell us and we won't tell anyone else...
100 less then I got off my 2016 ES300H
Old 10-21-18, 10:20 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Can one order a color not in the normal color offering? Like another Lexus color from previous years or from a different model?
Old 10-22-18, 04:29 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

100 less then I got off my 2016 ES300H
So, $4.6k off? That's not bad.

I got 4200 off plus the 500 for financing offer in January
but its a es300h with ultra luxury and Mark levinsen and Power trunk and loaded with all options
The following users liked this post:
reposado2 (10-22-18)
Old 10-22-18, 04:38 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Can one order a color not in the normal color offering? Like another Lexus color from previous years or from a different model?
no only whats on there web sight
I have to settle for chateau and moca

Quick Reply: How long does it take to get custom, factory order?