ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES Configurator is Live & Brochure

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-18, 02:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
My daughter has an 18 Q5 which I can swear has genuine leather.
I did a quick check and unless I'm missing something it looks like all Audi sedan and SUV models have leather seating surfaces standard.
Old 08-30-18, 02:31 PM
lancecov
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is it just me?

Hi all,
I tried the 2019 ES configurator yesterday and it seemed to work just fine. I tried today and the configurator will only show the 2018 ES. Is it just me or has it changed back to 2018 only?
Old 08-30-18, 02:47 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
I tried the 2019 ES configurator yesterday and it seemed to work just fine. I tried today and the configurator will only show the 2018 ES. Is it just me or has it changed back to 2018 only?
I just tried and I'm able to get on the 2019 and configure one. Must be something on your side.
Old 08-30-18, 02:48 PM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
I used the configurator yesterday and built my ES350 UL and it worked fine and just now tried it again and it still works fine to build the 2019. You might need to clear your cash memory.
Old 08-30-18, 02:54 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I did a quick check and unless I'm missing something it looks like all Audi sedan and SUV models have leather seating surfaces standard.
Lexbob/mikemu30 you both are correct. I just checked with my daughter and she told me it was leather not synthetic. We looked at several SUV's for her and they ran together for me. You're correct, all models have leather. I think it my have been the Lexus NX I was thinking of.
Old 08-30-18, 04:41 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,056 Likes on 692 Posts

I have a 2017 ES 300h and priced out a 2019 with similar equipment plus the HUD that is $500 and it is $2,000 more or apples to apples $1,500. Seems very reasonable.
Old 08-30-18, 05:24 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
I have a 2017 ES 300h and priced out a 2019 with similar equipment plus the HUD that is $500 and it is $2,000 more or apples to apples $1,500. Seems very reasonable.
Plus Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa, massive trunk with no loss of space to the hybrid battery, more power / mpg. 7th Generation is extremely reasonable.
Old 08-31-18, 05:04 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Lexbob/mikemu30 you both are correct. I just checked with my daughter and she told me it was leather not synthetic. We looked at several SUV's for her and they ran together for me. You're correct, all models have leather. I think it my have been the Lexus NX I was thinking of.
Thought so as I almost bought the Q5 myself and recall the sales guy BSing me how the Audi leather was a higher quality than most others.
Old 08-31-18, 12:19 PM
amphiprion
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Wow - a $50K+ car is now lower end
heh, right but relative to the brand. Also, keep in mind that 50k is over 25% of the base price of the ES where you've got almost all the options checked.
Do the same with the 3 series, or C class (plain, non-M, non-AMG), load it up and you can easily hit 60k (without adding any service packages)
Those models are in the lower end range of their lineup.
Old 09-02-18, 06:27 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I noticed the configurator has some issues. For example, my dealer had an ES on the showroom and the color was “Ice Ecru”. It was a very striking color and I would say it looked pretty close to the one called Moonbeam Beige on the configurator - but that color wasn’t even mentioned on the configurator.

Last edited by TechNut; 09-05-18 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-05-18, 01:48 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Configurator was working off and on the last few days, but I finally got to dig in tonight and build every model. Overall, extremely impressed. It is razor sharp, modern, and sporty. Little use of black, exterior plastic trim, which bucks today's trends on other cars. Mpg's for the hybrid are stellar. They say 0-60 mph takes 8.1 seconds. I'd bet it's slightly faster than that number. Too bad about the small fuel tank though. Was this to fit the battery somewhere and keep the trunk large? Imagine the range if it had a regular sized fuel tank. Also disappointed there is no split folding rear seat. That would be a big consideration for me and my biking.

Price has climbed, but there are a lot more standard features. Also crazy what destination charges are these days. They should just include it in the base price and not fool the car opens up under $40k. I should start a thread on what it costs to deliver a train or truckload of cars across the country. Let's hypothetically say a truckload of thirteen new ES's leaves the factory and drives through seven states, taking three days. The charge would be roughly $13,325 for that one load. Now divide it up on driver costs, fuel, insurance, etc. Does it add up? A trainload of them is even more efficient.

One thing I do not like are the seats in the luxury models. From any sort of distance, the "leather" looks wrinkled, which resembles an aged look. Same with the center armrest stripes on the upper model. As a car ages, it's a look that starts appearing. Rather have it all smooth, and keep it that way though proper care over time.

Whoever ends up with the new ES will be making a very wise choice.
Old 09-05-18, 01:57 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
I noticed the configurator has some issues. For example, my dealer had an ES on the showroom and the color was “Ice Ecru”. It was a very striking color and I would say it looked pretty close to the one called Moonbeam Beige on the configurator.
Thanks for that bit of info. There's a youtube vid on an Ice Ecru model. Looks less beige and more silver. A very nice shade I'd like to see in person.
If indeed the ES has shed a traditional beige color, it's another symbol of it moving into a sportier character.
Old 09-05-18, 05:48 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

As far as I can see the Moonbeam Beige is very close to the former Satin Cashmere... Maybe just renamed...
Old 09-05-18, 07:44 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I saw a new ES 300h yesterday in a real nice color that the salesman told me was Satin Cashmere. Satin Cashmere has been my favorite color for years and I new it wasn't Satin Cashmere - it was an even better color IMHO. The window sticker showed the color to be ICE ECRU which I do not see as a 2019 color in the new brochure. Again, it is a great color whatever it is.

AND he said the interior was parchment which it is was not. The window sticker just said M.M. or maybe the color was Ice and the interior was Ecru which is also not shown as a 2019 interior color. It didn't look like the new chateau color either but I haven't really seen one of those so can't be sure? He also said the car came in early and they weren't allowed to sell it. What was this car and why were they showing it in these colors while not being allowed to sell it?

This is the same dealership that has a true no-option base model ES350 made in Japan that they either can't or haven't been able to sell.

Dave Mac
Old 09-05-18, 01:19 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
I saw a new ES 300h yesterday in a real nice color that the salesman told me was Satin Cashmere. Satin Cashmere has been my favorite color for years and I new it wasn't Satin Cashmere - it was an even better color IMHO. The window sticker showed the color to be ICE ECRU which I do not see as a 2019 color in the new brochure. Again, it is a great color whatever it is.

AND he said the interior was parchment which it is was not. The window sticker just said M.M. or maybe the color was Ice and the interior was Ecru which is also not shown as a 2019 interior color. It didn't look like the new chateau color either but I haven't really seen one of those so can't be sure? He also said the car came in early and they weren't allowed to sell it. What was this car and why were they showing it in these colors while not being allowed to sell it?

This is the same dealership that has a true no-option base model ES350 made in Japan that they either can't or haven't been able to sell.

Dave Mac
And they don't even show my color anymore - Satin Cashmere... Or the Parchment leather either... Another example of a salesman not knowing his business...

Quick Reply: 2019 ES Configurator is Live & Brochure