Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

2019 ES300h coming to my dealer soon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-18, 04:32 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Neezy216
Thank you for the clarification on the official release date. Sep 3 was the exact date my dealer claims I should be able to drive one off the lot. Are dealers open on Labor day? September 3rd is a holiday lol.
Yes, it's one of their biggest selling days.
Old 08-24-18, 06:54 AM
jamienpld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
Very informative thread! I noticed the mention of the availability of “loaded hybrids”. Does this mean that “loaded hybrids” are on the way from Japan now? Also, does “loaded” mean that these cars would include, for example, Heads Up Display”, “Panoramic View Monitor”, “Mark Levinson Sound” and other Ultra-Luxury features? My salesman has said that the “stock” ES300h cars on their way to our area do not have all of these types of features. Thanks in advance for any responses.
The 2019 ES 300h is coming-in built basically one of two ways, as of right now. The lower priced one has the MSRP of $48,899 and has all of the standard features in addition to the following options:
  • Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto-Braking
  • 18-inch 10-Spoke Alloy Wheels
  • Navigation Package with 12.3" Color Multimedia Display, Apple CarPlay, Lexus Enform Dynamic Navigation, Dynamic Voice Command, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, 10 -speaker premium sound system, Homelink
  • Premium Package with Lexus Memory System for Driver, Heated/Ventilated Seats, etc.
  • Heated Wood and Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel
  • Wood Trim
  • Accessory Package plus any other port installed options like Illuminated Door Sills (in this case)
The more fully equipped 2019 ES 300h lists for $55,578 and has all of the above-mentioned features in addition to the following:
  • Wireless Charger
  • 18" Split 5-Spoke Noise-Reduction Wheels
  • 10.2-inch Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Triple Beam LED Headlights
  • Navigation and Mark Levinson Audio Package with 17-speakers, 1,800 Watt Premium Surround Sound
  • Ultra Luxury Package with Semi-Aniline Leather, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Memory System for Driver & Passenger, Power Rear and Manual Door Sunshades, Driver's Seat Power Cushion Extender, Ambient Lighting, Panoramic Roof and Power Moon Roof
  • Heated Wood and Leather Trim Steering Wheels
  • Illuminated Trunk Sill
  • Illuminated Door Sills
  • Accessory Package
Old 08-24-18, 09:21 AM
lancecov
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you all for your responses. It will be very helpful to be armed with this info when I next talk to my salesman.
Old 08-27-18, 06:18 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lancecov
Thank you all for your responses. It will be very helpful to be armed with this info when I next talk to my salesman.
One of the dealerships in my area received 5 ES 300h's today! I got to sit in one today, even though they were in the middle of prepping it for the showroom. The sales manager told me they arrived a week ahead of his schedule! Unfortunately, all five did not have mark levinson system (which is something I don't need, but I want it!)

That 12.3 inch screen looks MUCH better in person...the pictures don't do it justice. Good amount of legroom in rear when the front seats are all the way back in their tracks.
I took videos instead of pictures, but I do plan to share plenty of pics when my specific 300h arrives. In terms of cost, my dealership is willing to at least apply any promotions (military and student discounts)...so far. I'm still going to harass him about coming down on price even more.
Old 08-28-18, 06:55 AM
jamienpld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Lexus ES 300h in Nightfall Mica/Chateau at Lexus Dominion

2019 ES 300h Chateau interior with Premium Package and 12.3" Navigation.

2019 ES 300h in Chateau - Premium Package with Navigation.

2019 ES 300h in Nightfall Mica at Lexus Dominion

One of the dealerships in my area received 5 ES 300h's today! I got to sit in one today, even though they were in the middle of prepping it for the showroom. The sales manager told me they arrived a week ahead of his schedule! Unfortunately, all five did not have mark levinson system (which is something I don't need, but I want it!)

That 12.3 inch screen looks MUCH better in person...the pictures don't do it justice. Good amount of legroom in rear when the front seats are all the way back in their tracks.
I took videos instead of pictures, but I do plan to share plenty of pics when my specific 300h arrives. In terms of cost, my dealership is willing to at least apply any promotions (military and student discounts)...so far. I'm still going to harass him about coming down on price even more.
Th

These are the Launch Cars that I mentioned in a previous post. They are not for sale - yet, as the official sale date is September 3rd. We got in an ES 300h in Nightfall Mica with the Chateau interior. Pictures here (above).
Old 08-28-18, 05:20 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Just got done test driving one of the 2019 300h's!!!!

Quick verdict:

- Extremely comfortable and smooth
- I did not hear as much whirring (only a little) compared to the 2018 300h
- Can't really notice any difference in acceleration between 2018 300h and 2019 300h (15hp difference)
- My tester did not have the Mark Levinson package, BUT the regular 10 speaker Premier audio sounded very good.
- You can definitely tell they worked on the steering and handling! Very impressed

This was a quick 5 mile test drive in southern california. Heads were definitely turning!

As @jamienpld referenced, official start of sales will be Monday, Sep 3, right before the Golden opportunity sales event ends. My dealer said I was the first one to come test drive one of the new 300h models, but people have been calling in for the new 350's. Dealer confirmed F-sport availability won't be until mid October. Any F-sport models that have arrived to dealers will be few and far between during the month of September and beginning of October.
Old 08-28-18, 05:25 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Just got done test driving one of the 2019 300h's!!!!

Quick verdict:

- Extremely comfortable and smooth
- I did not hear as much whirring (only a little) compared to the 2018 300h
- Can't really notice any difference in acceleration between 2018 300h and 2019 300h (15hp difference)
- My tester did not have the Mark Levinson package, BUT the regular 10 speaker Premier audio sounded very good.
- You can definitely tell they worked on the steering and handling! Very impressed

This was a quick 5 mile test drive in southern california. Heads were definitely turning!

As @jamienpld referenced, official start of sales will be Monday, Sep 3, right before the Golden opportunity sales event ends. My dealer said I was the first one to come test drive one of the new 300h models, but people have been calling in for the new 350's. Dealer confirmed F-sport availability won't be until mid October. Any F-sport models that have arrived to dealers will be few and far between during the month of September and beginning of October.
Happy to hear your first impressions were positive! If you don't mind me asking, are you a current owner of an ES? If so, what year? And I know you mentioned the 2019 is extremely comfortable and smooth, but how does the new suspension setup compare? In other words, is it floaty like the current ES? Is it better, worse at absorbing bumps and road imperfections? Thanks!
Old 08-28-18, 05:38 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Happy to hear your first impressions were positive! If you don't mind me asking, are you a current owner of an ES? If so, what year? And I know you mentioned the 2019 is extremely comfortable and smooth, but how does the new suspension setup compare? In other words, is it floaty like the current ES? Is it better, worse at absorbing bumps and road imperfections? Thanks!
I am a current owner of a 2007 ES 350 (Premium Package - minimally optioned). I test drove a 2018 300h a month ago.

When compared to my 2007 ES 350:
-Noticeable improvement with suspension setup (my tester did not have performance dampers). Definitely not floaty like my current one is!
- VERY good with absorbing bumps/cracks/road imperfections in road - this includes when I purposely and continuously ran over those yellow or white lane reflectors in the road! I thought my current 2007 ES was smooth, but this blows it away.

Please ask me more! The only thing I didn't spend time on was the infotainment system. I will get used to it, however, I can see why so many car enthusiasts don't like the setup. It's hard to use while driving if you're not used to the setup, but I think it will easily grow on us Lexus lovers lol.
Old 08-28-18, 05:48 PM
SuperMido
Driver

I am a current owner of a 2007 ES 350 (Premium Package - minimally optioned). I test drove a 2018 300h a month ago.

When compared to my 2007 ES 350:
-Noticeable improvement with suspension setup (my tester did not have performance dampers). Definitely not floaty like my current one is!
- VERY good with absorbing bumps/cracks/road imperfections in road - this includes when I purposely and continuously ran over those yellow or white lane reflectors in the road! I thought my current 2007 ES was smooth, but this blows it away.

Please ask me more! The only thing I didn't spend time on was the infotainment system. I will get used to it, however, I can see why so many car enthusiasts don't like the setup. It's hard to use while driving if you're not used to the setup, but I think it will easily grow on us Lexus lovers lol.
Thanks for your detailed response! I'm glad to hear it manages to be smooth and absorb road imperfections without being floaty. Usually smoothness is associated with being floaty. Can't wait till I try one!

One more question since you asked! Haha. How was the sound insulation from the outside? Road noise, wind, tire, etc? I know you said it was a short test drive. But what kinda speeds did u get to test it at?
Old 08-28-18, 06:25 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Thanks for your detailed response! I'm glad to hear it manages to be smooth and absorb road imperfections without being floaty. Usually smoothness is associated with being floaty. Can't wait till I try one!

One more question since you asked! Haha. How was the sound insulation from the outside? Road noise, wind, tire, etc? I know you said it was a short test drive. But what kinda speeds did u get to test it at?
The sales manager and I carried on a conversation the entire time. I didn't assess sound insulation from outside noise unfortunately. I'll definitely be checking for it when I test drive the exact build I'm getting (300h) later this week or next week though.

One nugget I'll share from the sales manager is that he's confident that the ES F-sport "specifically" will literally replace the GS lineup after 2019 model year. He said there will be a regular 2019 GS (We know about the GS F), but not beyond the 2019 model year.

If he's right, the future of the ES F-sport MAY be one reason why we currently have the unusual transmission tunnel "hump" in the rear of the car...future AWD or RWD for f-sport maybe (not trying to start speculation in this thread) just sharing conversation from my sales manager during my test drive.

Back to the test drive though lol, definitely not floaty like my current 2007 ES. I loved how the new one grips the ground for a FWD vehicle. I'll have to get used to that e-CVT though. I had to "almost" floor it to get some decent acceleration, but the modest amount of low rpm torque helped jump from 0-30mph pretty quick (didn't time it).

Last edited by Neezy216; 08-28-18 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-30-18, 12:16 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

All,

My fully loaded (Every single option) 300h has arrived at my dealer....AND:

My dealer has been authorized by Lexus corporate to sell me the vehicle before the official SEP 3 release date!!! I'm driving it off the lot tomorrow!
Old 08-30-18, 12:21 PM
SuperMido
Driver

All,

My fully loaded (Every single option) 300h has arrived at my dealer....AND:

My dealer has been authorized by Lexus corporate to sell me the vehicle before the official SEP 3 release date!!! I'm driving it off the lot tomorrow!
Sweet! Congratulations! Please make sure to share all your thoughts with us!!
Old 08-30-18, 12:31 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Sweet! Congratulations! Please make sure to share all your thoughts with us!!
Absolutely! And of course, tons of pics. Now we can finally start getting "real-world" owner reviews coming in because apparently, my dealership and I'm sure others, are getting approval to begin selling the new ES's before SEP 3.
Old 08-30-18, 01:32 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Absolutely! And of course, tons of pics. Now we can finally start getting "real-world" owner reviews coming in because apparently, my dealership and I'm sure others, are getting approval to begin selling the new ES's before SEP 3.
Congrats! Please test out the Lane tracing assist on the CA highways and report back