Happy new year to all
Looks operate looks nice, **** control version Android 6 video interface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZf9...D3ed8r&index=1

Happy New Year! Wow!
Old 12-29-17, 09:56 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,231 Likes on 864 Posts

Just to clarify, this is aftermarket equipment by an aftermarket manufacturer?

Just an FYI - The background music is too loud combined with the narrator's accent and one can't understand the speech...

Last edited by bc6152; 12-29-17 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-30-17, 02:26 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Plenty of aftermarket stuff for the ES in China. I've got a Windows CE-based nav unit that came with a color display, multidisc DVD player and a Display Audio-like controller. Android-based units are now available and they should offer a lot more features than the clunky WinCE ones. These aftermarket units use a CANBUS adapter to hook up to existing HVAC, audio and steering controls and audio is sent through the existing amp.

The OP is a spammer, he's got the same message on a few forums.
Old 02-16-19, 06:52 PM
Epcole
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
Plenty of aftermarket stuff for the ES in China. I've got a Windows CE-based nav unit that came with a color display, multidisc DVD player and a Display Audio-like controller. Android-based units are now available and they should offer a lot more features than the clunky WinCE ones. These aftermarket units use a CANBUS adapter to hook up to existing HVAC, audio and steering controls and audio is sent through the existing amp.

The OP is a spammer, he's got the same message on a few forums.
chromedome -
Have you had any issues with your install? Want to upgrade mine but from my experience theres been limited information and high risk with these Chinese devices.
Old 02-16-19, 09:00 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Epcole
chromedome -
Have you had any issues with your install? Want to upgrade mine but from my experience theres been limited information and high risk with these Chinese devices.
Mine came with the original black and white screen, not even Display Audio, so the audio hardware might be different. Yes, Lexus has nasty base spec models in some parts of the world.I didn't do the install, it was done by a local workshop that the dealer often uses for third party audio installs. They took apart the center console and shifter surround to put in the screen, CANBUS adapter and control ****. No quality issues so far after 5 years.My display is a touchscreen unit that runs Windows CE with a local nav app and custom screens for video, audio and climate control. It uses the existing Bluetooth system for phone calls and Bluetooth audio and that interface is a bit clunky. Voice recognition for phone contacts works but not for music tracks or climate control. All audio amping and EQing is done through the stock system.
Old 02-17-19, 06:33 AM
Epcole
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
Mine came with the original black and white screen, not even Display Audio, so the audio hardware might be different. Yes, Lexus has nasty base spec models in some parts of the world.I didn't do the install, it was done by a local workshop that the dealer often uses for third party audio installs. They took apart the center console and shifter surround to put in the screen, CANBUS adapter and control ****. No quality issues so far after 5 years.My display is a touchscreen unit that runs Windows CE with a local nav app and custom screens for video, audio and climate control. It uses the existing Bluetooth system for phone calls and Bluetooth audio and that interface is a bit clunky. Voice recognition for phone contacts works but not for music tracks or climate control. All audio amping and EQing is done through the stock system.
Thanks for the info I really wanna change the interface in my es, it's gotten pretty boring. Did the CANBUS and control adapters come with your unit?
Old 02-19-19, 03:39 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Epcole
Thanks for the info I really wanna change the interface in my es, it's gotten pretty boring. Did the CANBUS and control adapters come with your unit?
Yes, one complete kit with all adapters and wiring.
Old 02-19-19, 04:46 AM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

this got me thinking......if i was to drop $$ for my current infotainment, it would be:

8~12" touchscreen 1080p + small form factor PC.

an asrock deskmini am4 version (coming out soon) with a ryzen 2400g APU + 8 gig ram and a ssd. This can be built for less than $350ish total for the system and $100~$200 for the screen. will need a power source though. and a GUI that is touch friendly. Maybe kodi.

Last edited by AlexNY; 02-19-19 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-20-19, 05:18 AM
Cyberbeing
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
this got me thinking......if i was to drop $$ for my current infotainment, it would be:

8~12" touchscreen 1080p + small form factor PC.

an asrock deskmini am4 version (coming out soon) with a ryzen 2400g APU + 8 gig ram and a ssd. This can be built for less than $350ish total for the system and $100~$200 for the screen. will need a power source though. and a GUI that is touch friendly. Maybe kodi.
I don't think that's how it works.
How are you going to interlink all different components without losing functionality; custom firmware will be required. Also the panel will cost money too.
All in all it will cost as much if not more, and that is if you get it to work properly.

Good luck with that.