Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

2014 ES300h dashboard part

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-17, 04:35 AM
Gammaray8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 ES300h dashboard part

Hi all,

I just bought a 2nd hand ES300h and this part of the dashboard has many scratches.
Anyone knows what is the part number and where to get it?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 ES300h dashboard part-img_4220.jpeg   2014 ES300h dashboard part-img_4069.jpeg  
Old 12-09-17, 06:16 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Typically, Lexus interior parts are sold as a larger unit, and replacing a damaged part on the dash, console, door, etc. requires buying the entire dash, console, etc.

I see that you are not in the US, but, in the US, there are people who can do repairs to interior components that are scratched, gouged, or otherwise damaged. They repair the damage and, then, refinish the surface in a way that allows them to match the original grain and color. The results are excellent, and the cost is minimal. As an alternative to trying to replace the part, I'd suggest seeing if such repair services are available in your location. The service manager at a Lexus or other car dealership should be able to point you toward anyone who might do that kind of work in your location.
Old 12-10-17, 08:01 PM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I had the same problem. My daughter used to ride in that seat with her backpack on her lap. The backpack scratched the dash exactly at that location. I tried shoe polish but that did not last. If one uses Aerospace 303 Protectant it is almost invisible. Got the product from Amazon.
Old 12-10-17, 08:42 PM
Gammaray8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zes
I had the same problem. My daughter used to ride in that seat with her backpack on her lap. The backpack scratched the dash exactly at that location. I tried shoe polish but that did not last. If one uses Aerospace 303 Protectant it is almost invisible. Got the product from Amazon.

Amazon Amazon

this product can remove the scratches?
Old 12-11-17, 04:42 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gammaray8
https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR...303+Protectant

Any topical products can, to some extent, (temporarily) mask scratches, but they won't repair them.
Old 12-11-17, 05:07 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

That dash part and the door trim above the elbow rests are the worst bits about the ES. The soft plastic is so prone to scratches - I've scratched it with coat buttons, a rough fingernail (!), backpacks, handbags, you name it. Aerospace 303 is good at covering up those scratches but they'll still show up under bright light. I'm gonna try something crazy with soft crayons to see if I can blend in the right shade of dark gray...
Old 12-11-17, 05:22 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chromedome
The soft plastic is so prone to scratches.
When the Generation 6 ES was introduced, I recall reading a Lexus press release that said that the interior trim on the ES is actually not plastic. Instead, it is some sort of recycled plant material. While Lexus is to be commended for its efforts to use recycled materials, there is no question that the material that they are using is more easily scratched than are the materials more traditionally used for interior panels on vehicles.
Old 12-11-17, 11:58 AM
zes
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gammaray8
https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR...303+Protectant

It hides it a bit and makes it less obvious.
Old 12-11-17, 08:38 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by zes
Backpack, bags, and anything else not a person, ride only in the Trunk in my car for that reason. Purses in the back seat floor or seat. For just this reason on my Blk/Blk Interior cars.

The other area that takes a scratch beating is the back of the front seat map pockets, in the back seat. Feet on the floor, careful getting in, no crossing legs in roomy back seat of my car. I'm sure I get on peoples nerves, but...... no need to scratch or kick up or scuff my car. I've had people want to cross their legs in the front. Foot sitting on the area above glove box, (no, no, no). I also use Lexol Leather Conditioner, and put it in those hard plastic areas also. In time the light scuffs have disappeared, and don't scuff as bad if rubbed.
Old 12-12-17, 05:58 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,238 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Backpack, bags, and anything else not a person, ride only in the Trunk in my car for that reason. Purses in the back seat floor or seat. For just this reason on my Blk/Blk Interior cars.

The other area that takes a scratch beating is the back of the front seat map pockets, in the back seat. Feet on the floor, careful getting in, no crossing legs in roomy back seat of my car. I'm sure I get on peoples nerves, but...... no need to scratch or kick up or scuff my car. I've had people want to cross their legs in the front. Foot sitting on the area above glove box, (no, no, no). I also use Lexol Leather Conditioner, and put it in those hard plastic areas also. In time the light scuffs have disappeared, and don't scuff as bad if rubbed.
I'm with you brother. No eating, drinking, chewing gum, coffee, backpacks, schoolbags, groceries, and no SLIDING into the seats. Sit down but don't slide in from the outside. This causes stress on the leather. Lift your feet over the threshold. I know to some this is overkill but this is why my car looks so good at 5+ years old...
Old 12-12-17, 07:51 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
I'm with you brother. No eating, drinking, chewing gum, coffee, backpacks, schoolbags, groceries, and no SLIDING into the seats. Sit down but don't slide in from the outside. This causes stress on the leather. Lift your feet over the threshold. I know to some this is overkill but this is why my car looks so good at 5+ years old...
LOL! Yep forgot about the sliding, my other favorite one, please use both back doors.

And don't touch the trunk lid going up or down, its electric power.

Last edited by jgscott; 12-12-17 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-13-17, 07:22 PM
zes
Advanced

Smile

Originally Posted by jgscott

My friend, I have a simple question, have you ever dealt with teenage kids ?
Old 12-14-17, 01:02 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by zes
My friend, I have a simple question, have you ever dealt with teenage kids ?
Pesky kids can ride in the trunk too

Another soft spot is the seatback trim behind both front seats. It looks like it's made from the same material as the dash but without the texture. I've got kids riding in child seats in the back and the front seatbacks are a scuffed mess. Lexus should have put Nuluxe or leather there instead of a soft touch plastic.