ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 10:02 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,270 Likes on 1,008 Posts
Default Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise

So have looking for a few months I just got this 2013 ES 350 yesterday.

Its Black with Black interior, with 66K. Here's the story...........

Called about it from Craigslist by Owner a few days ago. Found out it was not a Owner but a Used car Dealer instead. A few things that interested me were things like the ML Audio and 18" wheels. Its was out of State 6 hours away.

Car Fax showed 1 front end accident, No Fame Damage, No Airbags and driven away from scene. Lexus service History was perfect. Likely it was bumper damage and headlight damage. Asking price was $21,999. I asked for more Pictures. Pics looked good.

So I drive 6 hours to dealership yesterday and check it out, because he says he can discount it really good. Dealer says He put front and rear brakes, wheel Alignment and new Battery in. Also Detail, and leather touch up.

So I get there, and to my surprise, I find out its a ULTRA LUXURY PACKAGE ES 350. Long story short, a drive out with car for $17,700. Car needs tires. Has Michelins on it about 30% tread left. I have 4 days to get extended service contract. Still thinking about it.

I don't think Dealer really realized it was a Ultra Lux Pack ES 350? I don't really care for the 2 Sunroofs, but what the heck. Drove back 6 hours last night. Car drives great. I didn't really realize how big the car is.

On my list to do are Tires, Tint Windows, Spoiler, and Subs. ML systems is ok, but not like a custom system. Driving at night I also felt like lights Not so bright on low Beam. Not sure if it has HID's at this time? Other than those things and not knowing how to work everything yet. I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-img_7522.jpg  
Old 09-02-17, 10:27 AM
newyerker
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott

Called about it from Craigslist by Owner a few days ago. Found out it was not a Owner but a Used car Dealer instead. A few things that interested me were things like the ML Audio and 18" wheels. Its was out of State 6 hours away.

Car Fax showed 1 front end accident, No Fame Damage, No Airbags and driven away from scene. Lexus service History was perfect. Likely it was bumper damage and headlight damage. Asking price was $21,999. I asked for more Pictures. Pics looked good.

So I drive 6 hours to dealership yesterday and check it out, because he says he can discount it really good. Dealer says He put front and rear brakes, wheel Alignment and new Battery in. Also Detail, and leather touch up.

So I get there, and to my surprise, I find out its a ULTRA LUXURY PACKAGE ES 350. Long story short, a drive out with car for $17,700. Car needs tires. Has Michelins on it about 30% tread left. I have 4 days to get extended service contract. Still thinking about it.

I don't think Dealer really realized it was a Ultra Lux Pack ES 350? I don't really care for the 2 Sunroofs, but what the heck. Drove back 6 hours last night. Car drives great. I didn't really realize how big the car is.

On my list to do are Tires, Tint Windows, Spoiler, and Subs. ML systems is ok, but not like a custom system. Driving at night I also felt like lights Not so bright on low Beam. Not sure if it has HID's at this time? Other than those things and not knowing how to work everything yet. I like it.
having ML audio alone is almost always a guarantee it is an UL.
Old 09-02-17, 10:41 AM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Congrats!

FYI, the UL package officially adds to the Luxury Package (for 2013-2015 models):
1. Glass Roof
2. Drive Thigh Extender
3. Ambient Lighting
4. Semi-Aniline Leather Seats
5. Power Rear Sunshade
6. Manual Rear-Door Sunshades

Everything else is an option. However, most ULs come equipped with ML and often the power trunk and 18" wheels.

I enjoy my 2014 ES 350 UL (fully loaded) very much! I hope you do too!
Old 09-02-17, 10:52 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Holy moly - what an AWESOME deal - these kind of deals are very rare.

Great work on doing your homework and congrats!!
Old 09-02-17, 12:43 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,011 Likes on 691 Posts

It looks like you did very well. That is a fantastic price for a 2013 UL ES.

I'm sure that the accident record on the CarFax helped to depress the price, but damage that is limited to the bumper, grille, headlights, etc. should have minimal chance of coming with problems down the road. And what is good is that the non-metallic obsidian paint is, by far, the easiest color for which to get a virtually perfect color match on the new panel. The only downside would be that the accident will always be on the car's record, but the amount of money that you likely saved compared to what you would have paid for a similarly-equipped car with a clean accident history, whether CPO or non-CPO, should make that irrelevant.

Enjoy your new car.
Old 09-02-17, 02:19 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Thanks everyone. Have the Power Trunk option, have the ML system. And all else that is Standard on the ML.

Not sure about the HID Headlights tho?

Caxfax is explainable. Nothing but Cosmetic coverings. I had someone experienced check the Paint, Bodywork and repairs of the Accident this morning. They also put a digital Paint checker on it. Said Professional repair and excellent paint. There was NO blending. Only a painted Bumper, and lights. We could not see any Color match difference at all.

Look at the Gaps, lines and over hangs of the Bumper, Hood, lights and others. All just like new.

I think the Dealer did not want to put anymore money in the car, after Brakes all around, Oil & Filter change, Leather Dye and Reco, Interior and Exterior detail, new Battery. I don't think they wanted to take a chance with putting $800 in New 18" tires more money. Then have a Bad Carfax, and someone negotiating, the Price down.

The Salesman said the Manger/Owner was already pissed that it needed a New $170 Battery, before I came to Test drive it. LOL!

Even with the miles, I KBB based on condition, miles, Options, and Carfax. Average book was $21,950 to $22, 700 or more.

Plus, I got a Black Car with a Brand New spotless Front Bumper.

Except......... Anyone notice the Dumb *** 2nd Front Licenses Plate, with a 2nd Lexus Logo. I already took it off and am looking for the dumb filler plugs for the holes in the bumper that match to fit.
Attached Thumbnails Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-img_7520cl.jpg   Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-00n0n_h7k95oroowp_600x450.jpg   Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-00a0a_5iyokoyodjh_600x450.jpg   Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-00505_5b3dsmwpkwe_600x450.jpg  

Last edited by jgscott; 09-02-17 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-02-17, 04:52 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,072 Likes on 697 Posts

Link to Bumper Plugs.
https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...&product_id=85

I am getting tires Tuesday from Costco for my 2013 ES. Tire Rack rates the Michelin Premier A/S's as #1. They have a $70 rebate that started Thursday. Four mounted balanced tax $700.
Old 09-03-17, 12:12 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Freds430
Link to Bumper Plugs.
https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...&product_id=85

I am getting tires Tuesday from Costco for my 2013 ES. Tire Rack rates the Michelin Premier A/S's as #1. They have a $70 rebate that started Thursday. Four mounted balanced tax $700.
Thanks for the link.

I run the A/S's on my Lincolns. They seem to wear out kind of fast to me. They are quite and smooth tho. Im thinking about using the new Michelin Defender. Put them on my teenage Daughters Honda Civic. They have a 90k mile wear rating. Don't think they will make it 90k but still further than others. Civic is Not the quietest car in the world, and it made it quite of tire noise.

Im seriously considering put the Michelin Defender is size 225-50-18 for a smoother ride on the ES 350. I asked for feedback of anyone that has ran the 5's but had not luck with feedback yet.
Old 09-03-17, 10:08 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 120 Posts

That's a great deal, I would have probably jumped on it also.

CarFax really is a double edged sword, it informs consumers but even small incidents now basically destroy resale value. I came close to buying one also with an incident history but the discount just wasn't enough I didn't want to deal with it when I sold it.

If you plan on keeping it for a while and have the car checked out, it's a no brainer and can save you big bucks.
Old 09-03-17, 02:56 PM
DanZ
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Congratulations on a great deal, especially with UL Package. Looks awesome! A great find.
Old 09-24-17, 04:05 PM
rriccardi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats black is a beauty!!! Im in NY and that front plate is required here.
Old 09-25-17, 04:00 PM
jagsfan201
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats - that is a steal
Old 09-25-17, 09:12 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Thanks.

So... A update:

The Rain sensing wipers do not work. Took the windshield mounted sensor off, Cleaned in and reinstalled it. Still did not work.

Read that if you just leave disconnected, it would work on intermitted wiper only (intermitted does not work either now). Plan to re-disconnect and see if that would work until I purchase a new sensor?

Also rear pass rear small window shade has a slide loop tab missing, that locks the small rear shade closed in place. Need to order it.

Also Used car Dealer some how lost the 2nd Smart key they promised to find and give to me. I'm still working on them with this.

Been looking at some Exhaust Tips. What do you guys think about any of these?
Attached Thumbnails Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-img_7523.jpg   Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-mercedes-20-20uni-20-20chrome-20exhaust-20tips-20amg-20style-20dual-201d.jpg   Just Got This 2013 ES350 - w/ a Surprise-performance-tips_make.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 09-27-17, 12:46 PM
dspcap
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
It looks like you did very well. That is a fantastic price for a 2013 UL ES.

I'm sure that the accident record on the CarFax helped to depress the price, but damage that is limited to the bumper, grille, headlights, etc. should have minimal chance of coming with problems down the road. And what is good is that the non-metallic obsidian paint is, by far, the easiest color for which to get a virtually perfect color match on the new panel. The only downside would be that the accident will always be on the car's record, but the amount of money that you likely saved compared to what you would have paid for a similarly-equipped car with a clean accident history, whether CPO or non-CPO, should make that irrelevant.

Enjoy your new car.
I always thought the same about accidents on CarFax's. I spoke with a few friends that do trade-ins at dealers and they told me unless the accident on the CarFax is considered major, they just ignore them. They don't worry about fender benders when taking trade-ins, even if it's on the CarFax.
Old 09-27-17, 12:56 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 92 Posts

Thanks.

So... A update:

The Rain sensing wipers do not work. Took the windshield mounted sensor off, Cleaned in and reinstalled it. Still did not work.
Are you sure its the sensor? It could be that the gel pack(which is how it senses the rain drops) is all dried up and needs replacing. Had to do it on my 2013 ES. Cost $100 bucks at Lexus.