ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Lexus enform remote

Old 05-10-17, 05:11 PM
Chipper44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus enform remote

The phone app has stopped working correctly. Can't access it. Say the have sent a link to my email, but it never shows up.
Old 06-01-17, 07:17 PM
fscoblete
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

........The who?
Old 06-02-17, 06:28 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Chipper44
The phone app has stopped working correctly. Can't access it. Say the have sent a link to my email, but it never shows up.
The Enform remote app has not been functioning properly for quite a while. It has been at least a couple of months since I was last able to use it to connect to the car.

When I try to log in on the app, I consistently get a pop-up saying that it could not connect. Several weeks ago, I tried contacting Lexus support, and I was told that they knew that there was a problem and that they were working to fix it. Subsequently, I have sent a couple of follow-up emails inquiring about any progress that might be made toward fixing the problem, and I haven't even gotten any reply to those inquiries.

The app might be working for some, but many are experiencing the same issues, and there are a number of threads on various Lexus model boards here with people posting with the same issues.

Considering that, even when the app is working, it is awkward and not especially user-friendly, I can't say that I feel like I'm missing something by not being able to use the app, but I'm not sure how Lexus could possibly expect people to renew their Enform Remote subscriptions at $240 per year considering that it seems that the app is as likely not to work as it is to work properly.
Old 06-02-17, 01:20 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

I just tried it on my 2015 ES350 and got a pop-up stating that if I get a "no vehicles found" notice, they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
Old 06-02-17, 05:11 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jollick
I just tried it on my 2015 ES350 and got a pop-up stating that if I get a "no vehicles found" notice, they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
I've gotten more than one type of error, but the one that I get most commonly says that there was a "failure to connect".

I wonder if the type of error that we get has something to do with what phone brand/model we are using.

In any case, considering that Enform Remote has now been used for the last 3 model years, you would think it would have been "ready for prime time" by now, and, to me, it is inexcusable to have the app not work at all for months and still to charge hundreds of dollars per year to use it. At a minimum, Lexus should be doing the right thing and reaching out to customers with subscriptions to notify them that, when everything is working properly again, all subscribers will be given good will subscription extensions.
Old 06-02-17, 07:38 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

I think some of this must be regional. Ours is working fine on both of our cars, but I did get an error message about our account and had to sign in again. Our biggest problem has been the "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't connect" but about 4 out of 5 times it connects fine. My biggest frustration is how many different times you have to enter the PIN to use the app. Anyway, it is working as expected for us on two different Lexus vehicles using Apple iPhones on Verizon.
Old 06-30-17, 10:36 AM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is clearly an area of disappointment from a luxury brand like Lexus. It wouldn't keep me from buying the car but still an area of frustration. I'll address each of the four parts of Lexus Enform below. My one year free subscription is expiring so had a few thoughts and questions.

1) Safety Connect - Nice feature but not worth the price in my opinion. Would probably feel differently if my car was stolen and/or I was in an accident and the "Automatic Collision" was used.

2) Service Connect - Again, nice but not worth paying for IMO. My Kia has the maint alerts for FREE and the Vehicle Health Reports has NEVER worked for me.

3) Remote - Been well discussed in the forum....think we all agree the remote should continue to work from the Key FOB even without the enform subscription and has some serious lag in response time using the App. I have no problem with them charging a subscription fee to use the remote app but to me not worth the price and the Key FOB should work no matter what. (I work at home and would probably feel different if I parked in an outdoor garage for work)

4) Destinations - Nice feature.....no problem them charging for it but I have never used it and never would. Personally not for me.

My biggest gripe is why not offer these a la carte? Let people pick and choose which services they want to pay for and not be forced to get 3 or 4 of the services bundled together in order to get the remote app. (I know why they do it)

OK, so on to my questions.

1) I was told the Lexus Enform App suite (LISTENING, PANDORA®*, SLACKER, iHEARTRADIO, NAVIGATING, DESTINATION SEARCH, SAVED DESTINATIONS, FACEBOOK PLACES, GOING OUT, YELP®, , MOVIETICKETS.COM, OPENTABLE®, INFORMATION, FUEL, SPORTS, STOCKS) would no longer work if there was no active subscription......is this true?

2) I understand that the Service Connect has a few things that AAA doesn't, but what is the diff between AAA and the Lexus Roadside assist that you get for 4 years? (Other than you get it 4 yrs for free) I was told the Lexus Roadside assist has better response time, bla bla bla....any thoughts?

3) Has anyone with a '15 plus installed an aftermarket remote start (to use the lexus key FOB or an aftermarket key FOB) after their subscription expired without messing up the Lexus included remote start that will no longer work with the Key Fob after expiration of the Enform subscription?

Thanks...........this forum rocks and has helped me tons.

'16 ES350
Old 06-30-17, 11:33 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zipit555

OK, so on to my questions.

1) I was told the Lexus Enform App suite (LISTENING, PANDORA®*, SLACKER, iHEARTRADIO, NAVIGATING, DESTINATION SEARCH, SAVED DESTINATIONS, FACEBOOK PLACES, GOING OUT, YELP®, , MOVIETICKETS.COM, OPENTABLE®, INFORMATION, FUEL, SPORTS, STOCKS) would no longer work if there was no active subscription......is this true?
Starting a couple of years ago, Lexus made the Enform App Suite free, and it does continue to work without a paid subscription.

I find the destination search to be particularly useful. It uses a data base that is updated regularly and that is, therefore, more up-to-date than the one on the car's built-in navigation system. Also, voice commands seem to work well with it and better than with the car's navigation system for cars with a Generation 8 or earlier navigation system (2016 and before), but the voice command capabilities with the Generation 9 navigation system on the 2017 ES do work better than those with earlier generations.
Old 07-01-17, 08:52 AM
Eolafan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't you just love it...you pay big bucks for a Lexus (regardless of model they cost big bucks) and they don't have the class to provide a key fob remote start like most other mid priced car brands do but rather charge you over $100 annually for a package of features you may or may not want but if you want the key fob remote start you MUST buy the package...and THEN the damned systems craps out on you all and nothing at all works BUT they still have your money. THIS is the ONE thing about Lexus that really ticks me off (I own a 2015 ES350).
Old 07-01-17, 09:29 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,227 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Eolafan
Don't you just love it...you pay big bucks for a Lexus (regardless of model they cost big bucks) and they don't have the class to provide a key fob remote start like most other mid priced car brands do but rather charge you over $100 annually for a package of features you may or may not want but if you want the key fob remote start you MUST buy the package...and THEN the damned systems craps out on you all and nothing at all works BUT they still have your money. THIS is the ONE thing about Lexus that really ticks me off (I own a 2015 ES350).
+1 Couldn't agree more. Even mid to lower cost vehicles - Kia, Nissan - offer a free included remote start from the key fob. Shame on Lexus for charging...

IMO Lexus screwed the remote start up from the inception of generation 6 ES vehicles. It was included, it wasn't included, works from the key, doesn't work from the key, no subscription needed, subscription needed, some years have it some don't, can be installed in some vehicles but not others. Complete incompetence on Lexus' part.