ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

eDestination feature going away

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-17, 05:43 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
Please forgive what may be a stupid question, but does this mean that I will still be able to call destination assist from my Lexus vehicle? Just that I will not be able to load my destinations from an app? It is not clear to me. Thanks.
If you subscribe to the service, yes, you can still call and they will assist you. The phone apps will still work also. What is going away is the ability, through the Lexus Drivers web site, to type in destinations and create folders for them and then upload/download them to the car.
Old 04-12-17, 01:26 PM
Mwalber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I regularly use eDestination. I like the ability to plot out driving trips from my PC and have found the folder structure convenient for separating categories of regular addresses. Yes, there are some aspects that don't work as well as I would like (like Search) but there are ways around the shortcomings. I've used Destination Assist a few times but prefer eDestination. So I join the ranks of those PO'd that Lexus is taking the function away. How many of us regular users are there? I don't know but I wish there was a good way to collectively express our dismay to Lexus.
Old 04-13-17, 07:35 AM
cynergy
Driver School Candidate

Angry Poor Customer Focus

I am angry and disappointed in Lexus for discontinuing the eDestination feature.
I regularly upload all of our travel details, including hotels, restaurants, and shopping locations before every trip. It makes no sense to sit in your car asking Destination Assist to enter the destinations one-at-a-time while you wait. Nor does it make sense to put a limit of five Destination Assist requests at a time (which is what the Customer Satisfaction person told me). I'm accustomed to loading 12 to 15 locations per trip!
Lexus "Customer Satisfaction" people say eDestination is being discontinued because very few customers are using the feature, and it costs Lexus a lot to maintain it.
I believe they are making a big mistake by punishing those of us who do use it!
Shame on the Lexus managers who made this decision...this is not customer focused!
Old 04-19-17, 06:45 AM
mitnosnhoj
Driver School Candidate

I guess I will keep a piece of paper in my car with a list of all the addresses I need so I can call the live agent. This seems a waste.
Old 04-19-17, 10:26 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by mitnosnhoj
I guess I will keep a piece of paper in my car with a list of all the addresses I need so I can call the live agent. This seems a waste.
Have you tried the Enform app? It seems to work well for me.
Old 04-27-17, 07:46 PM
jimrd
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I, too, used the eDestination functionality often and was initially ticked off when I got the notice it was being discontinued. However, I did give the Destination Search feature of the Enform App a try and found it quite easy to use and save destinations. I have used it on my phone several times, and have found it to be faster then the eDestination site. I have not tried it on my iPad yet, can't imagine why anything would be different but you never can be sure....Couple of comments:

- I like that the phone number of the destination is included with the address search and save feature. Even with Destination Assist they don;t provide the phone number.

- I don't like that you have to manually sync the info from your phone to the car. Lexus needs to fix this, namely anytime you start up the App Suite it should see there are new entries and auto-sync.

- After you sync your POI's, they do transfer to the car quite well but they disappear from the phone app. Then it's impossible to see what you have saved unless you go to the car (yeah right). At least with eDestinations you could always see what you had saved so Lexus you need to address this.

- Due to the issue above about not being able to see your saved info from the phone app, I now have duplicate entries. I have not found a way to delete individual entries (I found a way to delete them all but that's no good of course). Anybody know? Lexus, you need to improve the app save functionality (notify of duplicate entries, confirm update to entry if anything has changed, and have the saved entries viewable in both the car and the app).

Last edited by jimrd; 04-30-17 at 08:37 PM.