ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?

Old 07-20-17, 03:23 PM
WNC
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by irishbrahm
Not true. My car had 13 miles on it at the time of purchase. It was a dealer swap from Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. It was delivered to Hennessy in late Feb. and sat for months. Nalley had a nearly identical car on its lot with a few extras (lighted door and trunk seals, spoiler) with 71 miles on the odo. On 7/3 there were also 2 other Nebula/Stratus ULs at Nalley Galleria and Hennessy on Peachtree Industrial. I think that all of this, combined with my willingness to drive across Atlanta to get a good deal, allowed things to come together in my favor.
I pulled the trigger today!! 2017 ES 350 UL Package, MSRP $49,763. Got it for $39,800. Brand new with 8 miles on it!

Thanks for everyone's advice!! That's 20% and change off MSRP! I'm HAPPY!!
Old 07-20-17, 03:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Man! That is awesome.
Old 07-20-17, 03:47 PM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC
I pulled the trigger today!! 2017 ES 350 UL Package, MSRP $49,763. Got it for $39,800. Brand new with 8 miles on it!

Congrats! Very well done!
Old 07-20-17, 04:17 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC

Your buying experience is a perfect example of what some of us have been saying about how relatively new CPO vehicles are among the worst car buys available.

Several days ago, you started this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-350-help.html

And you were asking about a 2017 Luxury package ES that you could have bought for $37,500. A couple of us suggested that you could likely buy a brand new 2017 for a similar price. As it turns out, you paid $2300 more for a brand new Ultra Luxury package ES than what you would have paid for the used/CPO Luxury package car. Since the UL ES that you bought would have started out with an MSRP of about $4000 more than the original MSRP of the Luxury package CPO that you were considering, that means that you were able to buy the brand new UL ES for about $1700 less relative to MSRP than what you would have paid for that used CPO car.

Yet, I'm confident that the dealer selling that CPO will find someone who isn't aware of how much discounting is available on new cars and who will be willing to pay the dealer's price for that car even though it is the reality that new cars can be bought for a little more or, best case, even less than the prices that dealers are commanding for 2016 and 2017 used cars.

Congratulations. You did well.
The following 2 users liked this post by lesz:
finny76 (11-18-17), WNC (07-20-17)
Old 07-20-17, 06:31 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Yes, congrats on the new car. Awesome deal!
Old 07-20-17, 07:25 PM
WNC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Yes, congrats on the new car. Awesome deal!
I got Atomic Silver. Love that color!
Old 07-20-17, 09:28 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC
That's great! We have loved that color as well. It tends to show scratches more than other colors so be careful with it. We installed the clear bra over the entire nose, hood and front fenders. I think it helps.
Old 07-21-17, 04:08 AM
Interapid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC

Can you tell us what dealer or area? Good deal!
Can these deals be had with the 0% financing or cash only?

Last edited by Interapid; 07-21-17 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-21-17, 07:24 AM
WNC
Rookie

Default Atlanta area

Originally Posted by Interapid
Can you tell us what dealer or area? Good deal!
Can these deals be had with the 0% financing or cash only?
Got mine at Nalley Lexus in Roswell, GA. (North side of Atlanta). Several dealers in the Atlanta area to deal with. I made the deal and then they asked whether it was cash or finance!
Old 07-21-17, 07:55 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC
Got mine at Nalley Lexus in Roswell, GA. (North side of Atlanta). Several dealers in the Atlanta area to deal with. I made the deal and then they asked whether it was cash or finance!
I also bought mine at Nalley Lexus-Roswell, on 7/3. 20% off MSRP.

I noticed that there's aggressive competition between the two Atlanta Nalley Lexus stores even though they're owned by the same corporate parent.
Old 07-21-17, 12:40 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC
You did a fantastic job and got a great deal (great color too)!

Congrats and enjoy your new ES!
Old 07-22-17, 09:05 AM
gthaker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"2017 ES 350 UL Package, MSRP $49,763. Got it for $39,800. Brand new with 8 miles on it!"

This is an awesome price. I wonder if they are still dealing this aggressively or if similar deals may be possible at other Lexus dealers as we approach what is prob. last 2 months of this year models. That would be worth a trip down there to pick one up.

I assume you paid taxes and tags. Dealer prep? how much? what was the OTD total if you don't mind saying?
Old 07-22-17, 11:36 AM
WNC
Rookie

Originally Posted by gthaker
"2017 ES 350 UL Package, MSRP $49,763. Got it for $39,800. Brand new with 8 miles on it!"

This is an awesome price. I wonder if they are still dealing this aggressively or if similar deals may be possible at other Lexus dealers as we approach what is prob. last 2 months of this year models. That would be worth a trip down there to pick one up.

I assume you paid taxes and tags. Dealer prep? how much? what was the OTD total if you don't mind saying?
Havent picked it up yet. Just have a written commitment on the price. I know taxes are 3%( I live in NC). I think dealer prep is $ 950. Tag will be whatever NC charges.I will post this info in a couple of days.
Old 07-22-17, 12:02 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WNC
Havent picked it up yet. Just have a written commitment on the price. I know taxes are 3%( I live in NC). I think dealer prep is $ 950. Tag will be whatever NC charges.I will post this info in a couple of days.
By "dealer prep," do you mean the destination charge? If so, that should be included in the price quote. If not, and the 950 is an additional dealer doc fee, that is really high and bites into the discount a bit. Would still be a great deal but not quite as smokin as without it.
Old 07-22-17, 12:34 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
By "dealer prep," do you mean the destination charge? If so, that should be included in the price quote. If not, and the 950 is an additional dealer doc fee, that is really high and bites into the discount a bit. Would still be a great deal but not quite as smokin as without it.
Yes, if it is listed as a "dealer prep" fee, I would not consider that to be a legitimate charge and just a charge that the dealer is using to pad its profits. If it a doc fee, doc fees vary by state, and, in some states, the doc fees are set by state law. In Georgia, doc fees are not regulated at all. In Georgia, those doc fees vary from no doc fee to a high of about $900. So, it the doc fee that you are being charged is $950, that is quite high.

The dealer should have emailed a proposal to you with all fees and charges listed. It is important to check that part of the proposal very carefully. Many dealers will try to supplement their profit by adding on various fees to process the license and title. Also, many will try to sneak in dealer add-ons, including nitrogen tire fills, glass etching, interior paint protection (essentially a wax job), interior protection (essentially Scotchgard), etc. If there are any charges like that, insist that they are removed before even going to the dealership. Also, understand, that, if you let the business manager convince you to buy other add-ons, such as an extended warranty, you could be giving the dealer back a couple of thousand dollars of the discount that you got on the price of the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?