Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Side mirrors and the car wash 2016 ES300H

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-16, 10:56 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Side mirrors and the car wash 2016 ES300H

I really don't like the fact that my car wash will fold my side view mirrors forwards/backwards so I have to get out afterwards to fix them, there is a spot right next to the mirror adjustment for the power folding feature found on other Lexus models like the GS and LS and you can get it on the ES in japan I have seen photos of it

my 2013 Avalon hybrid mirrors would not move in the same car wash.
Does anyone know if I can add this power folding mirrors to my ES300H ? parts needed and cost

I love my new car its so much more comfortable and quite but miss a few things my 2013 Avalon had this does not
1. The odometer was always shown along with the trip odometer in center pod
2. The mph was shown in digital in the center pod along with the analog gauge on the right, this was very helpful when setting radar cruise and watching mph
3. A place for my sunglasses in the overhead Avalon had it ES does not
4. The coin box is much smaller then the Avalon I used to keep business cards in my Avalon and they won even fit in the ES coin box

something I noticed also was the heated steering wheel is not very good at all , I am going complain when take it in to the dealer

Philip

2016 ES300H Ultra Luxury traded 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited
2015 NX300H wife's traded 2014 Toyota Venza Limited

Last edited by pgiinc; 02-24-16 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-24-16, 11:32 AM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

I share your pain on #3. They are available on many other Toyota vehicles but somehow was not included in this car. I don't know why.
Old 02-24-16, 12:10 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

There are numerous features that Lexus owners would like to have and Lexus has addressed some of them.
Your list makes some good points and hopefully Lexus will change things with future models. Bear in mind that there will NEVER be a model that's perfect for everyone. Wish I had the sunglass place and folding mirrors too.
However, I'm happy with the heated steering wheel.
Old 02-24-16, 12:36 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
something I noticed also was the heated steering wheel is not very good at all , I am going complain when take it in to the dealer
What problem are you having?
Old 02-24-16, 01:46 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bc6152
There are numerous features that Lexus owners would like to have and Lexus has addressed some of them.
Your list makes some good points and hopefully Lexus will change things with future models. Bear in mind that there will NEVER be a model that's perfect for everyone. Wish I had the sunglass place and folding mirrors too.
However, I'm happy with the heated steering wheel.
I heard someone else complain about the steering wheel heat to
mine it a 2016 ES300H w luxury package is that what you have?
Old 02-24-16, 01:48 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
What problem are you having?
it does not get hot, barely warm and like nothing on a real cold morning
maybe they added more padding on the wheel and didn't think about increasing watts going to the wheel

Philip
Old 02-24-16, 01:53 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Well I have a 2013 and the wheel gets very toasty and comfortable here in Pennsylvania during the cold, cold, winters...Had it on today...
Old 02-24-16, 01:56 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

The heat on the steering wheel is quite effective and warms up quickly. However, the heating element is only at the 3 and 9 o'clock position.
Old 02-24-16, 02:02 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Well I have a 2013 and the wheel gets very toasty and comfortable here in Pennsylvania during the cold, cold, winters...Had it on today...
I have a 2015--I would not say it is toasty, but it is nice. The seat heaters I call toasty, the steering wheel I call warm, but again only on the non wood portion.
Old 02-24-16, 02:28 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I THINK some of the japan mkt cars have the folding mirrors as an option .

its something I would pay extra for.
Old 02-24-16, 02:38 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
I THINK some of the japan mkt cars have the folding mirrors as an option .

its something I would pay extra for.
Me to Mr Bill
I would pay 500.00 for that option to match the 50k List on this Lexus with the lose Mirror
I bet if there were not designed to be power folding they wouldn't move when I went to the car wash

Philip
Old 02-24-16, 03:20 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
I have a 2015--I would not say it is toasty, but it is nice. The seat heaters I call toasty, the steering wheel I call warm, but again only on the non wood portion.
Well I guess that "toasty" is subjective. Probably a poor choice of words. Nice and warm will suffice Maikerusan...
Old 02-24-16, 10:22 PM
wowzer
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat warmers are way too hot. I turn them off very quickly. Steering wheels is ok...id rather have full leather instead of wood to get the warmth...
Old 02-25-16, 05:09 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by wowzer
Seat warmers are way too hot. I turn them off very quickly. Steering wheels is ok...id rather have full leather instead of wood to get the warmth...
That's why I like that they're variably adjustable. I agree, on Max, they're too hot after a few minutes.

As far as the wheel heat goes, I find it gets too hot after about 5 minutes and is no longer needed. I have a 2013, so maybe something has changed. I know the wheel itself is different.
Old 02-25-16, 07:23 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

On the positive side, with both the heated steering wheel and the heated seats on the ES, they start to put out noticeable heat much faster than the heated steering wheels and heated seats that I've had on any other vehicles. Within about 30 seconds of the time that the heated seats or steering wheel are turned on, I can start to feel the heat, which is very welcome on cold Upper Midwest days.

Like others have said, when I use either the heated steering wheel or the heated seats, I typically turn them off after a few minutes when they reach a comfortable temperature. The heated seats on my GX produce a lot less heat than the ones on my ES, and they take much longer to warm up. Even though the seats on the ES get warmer than is comfortable very quickly, I easily prefer them to the ones on the GX because, for me, producing lots of heat quickly is the most important aspect of heated seats or a heated steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Side mirrors and the car wash 2016 ES300H