ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2013 ES350 - LED Fogs & Interior

Old 01-16-16, 08:53 AM
bchen87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 ES350 - LED Fogs & Interior

Finally did our Nebula Gray Pearl 2013 ES350 LED fog light. Used the Xenon Depot 5k bulbs from KBcarstuff.com (kbcarstuff.com/H11-LED-Light-Bulbs-s/271234.htm) and WOW... Makes the front end of the car look so much better! Definitely worth the $50 and 20 minutes.

Also recently did the interior w/ T10 LED bulbs from EBay. Bought from a seller who claimed "Samsung Bulbs" and "Ceramic Base." Not sure if they are indeed Samsung, but they were ceramic based and very easy to install. I paid about $12 for 20 bulbs and they look great. I'd recommend both of these LED mods to everyone w/o LED fogs.

Finally, anyone who has done the LED puddle lights? Recommendations on bulb, seller, site?

Thanks
Old 01-16-16, 07:44 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

By puddle bulbs I'm assuming you mean the downward-firing lights on the side mirrors. You can use the same T10 LEDs as the interior - I used a short bulb with only side-mounted LEDs to get the most light on the ground.

Make sure you get a good quality bulb because it's a real hassle to swap out the mirror bulbs. You should search for instructions on this forum. Basically you have to yank the mirror out from the housing and remove the outer casing before getting to the bulb. Took me an hour to do both sides and I don't ever want to do it again...
Old 01-18-16, 07:25 AM
MrlexEd88
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I upgraded the puddle lights that are on the door to LED and recently change them out for laser light with a Lexus logo. The whole housing is replaced for easy plug and play. I also order SKLEDs ( https://www.facebook.com/SKleds/ ) for interior lights which are supposedly the brightest lights on the market but cost $25 for each board which includes lifetime warranty. I'll upload pics when I install them. The only lights I haven't touched yet other than head and tail lights are the mirror puddle lights. I'm still afraid I'm going to break it taking it apart.

Old 06-01-16, 10:23 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MrlexEd88
I upgraded the puddle lights that are on the door to LED and recently change them out for laser light with a Lexus logo. The whole housing is replaced for easy plug and play. I also order SKLEDs ( https://www.facebook.com/SKleds/ ) for interior lights which are supposedly the brightest lights on the market but cost $25 for each board which includes lifetime warranty. I'll upload pics when I install them. The only lights I haven't touched yet other than head and tail lights are the mirror puddle lights. I'm still afraid I'm going to break it taking it apart.

Hey I too have the same lights how did you adjust it so it isn't cut off the by the doors
Old 06-13-16, 06:45 PM
BSoulMan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Hey I too have the same lights how did you adjust it so it isn't cut off the by the doors
Do these lights also work for the REAR DRIVER and REAR PASSENGER doors?
Old 06-14-16, 05:55 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
The projector in these fixtures protrudes out so that the image is clear of the door. I have the same lights installed in my 2013. I see no reason why they couldn't be installed into the rear doors as the courtesy lights are the same.
Old 06-14-16, 07:03 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
The projector in these fixtures protrudes out so that the image is clear of the door. I have the same lights installed in my 2013. I see no reason why they couldn't be installed into the rear doors as the courtesy lights are the same.
I have a 16 es350 and my projection is cut off.
Old 07-21-16, 06:11 PM
BSoulMan
Driver School Candidate

Nice light upgrade! I also did this, though I got the lights from Wind&Fire, which come with lifetime free LOGO SLIDES
I also went to eBay and bought the Lexus lighted door sills and paid the dealer $141 to have them installed. It's looking nice!
Next project is to replace the Halogen Fogs with LED lamps.

Originally Posted by MrlexEd88

Old 07-21-16, 06:30 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

I'd also recommend swapping an LED bulb for the trunk light. Any T9 bulb would do. It makes the trunk area a lot brighter compared to the stock yellow bulb.
Old 07-21-16, 09:19 PM
BSoulMan
Driver School Candidate

I totally forgot about the trunk ChromeDome, Thanks for that...
I am going to change that along with the mirrors this weekend when I get my car back, I am having the lighted door sills installed along with a new battery (under warranty) and having the vehicle detailed.
The Lexus dealer loaned me a 2016 ES, the refresh is nice! The subtle changes are nice- the Parking assist is an interesting feature.

Originally Posted by chromedome
I'd also recommend swapping an LED bulb for the trunk light. Any T9 bulb would do. It makes the trunk area a lot brighter compared to the stock yellow bulb.
Old 07-21-16, 10:21 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Oops, I forgot, any *T10* bulb would do. You can fit a big LED bulb in there to make things bright. I've seen some people wire up an LED strip for the trunk but that's kinda overkill.
Old 07-25-16, 12:23 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Oops, I forgot, any *T10* bulb would do. You can fit a big LED bulb in there to make things bright. I've seen some people wire up an LED strip for
the trunk but that's kinda overkill.
LED hits

I got some LEDs to do the interior, which i did.. doors and vanity. All went well..EXCEPT.. the T10 bulb for the trunk, while it fits,, is too short and the shoulder of the LED bottoms out before it
is fully seated.. Is there a "longer" T10?..ALSO.... any special tool to get into the trunk to replace reverse Lights?
Old 07-25-16, 04:29 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Oops, I forgot, any *T10* bulb would do. You can fit a big LED bulb in there to make things bright. I've seen some people wire up an LED strip for
the trunk but that's kinda overkill.
ANY T10 doesnt stay in the socket and the shoulder of the same ones I used in the doors bottoms out before it gets seated on the socket. The light works but the car is just sitting in the garage, when i drive it.. the bulb will come out. Not sure what "longer" T 10 to get
Old 07-26-16, 12:08 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Depends on your luck I guess. Some LEDs have a wider shoulder so they fit better into the slot. See attached pix of my LED bulb in the housing.

For the reverse lights, you need to open the trunk and pop open the plastic grommets holding the inside trunk cover to the trunk lid. I used a screwdriver and don't worry, the plastic bits won't break.

After that, I think you have to remove some screws and remove the reverse bulb holder. Pull out the glass bulb, put in the LEDs and put the bulb holder back in. Reassemble the inside cover and you're good to go.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 ES350 - LED Fogs & Interior-img_20160726_173125-01.jpg  

Last edited by chromedome; 07-26-16 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Added picture
Old 07-26-16, 02:48 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Width wise the trunk T10 works, its that its too short. it could be another half inch longer,,For the reverse onces, does the whole trunk cover have to be removed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 ES350 - LED Fogs & Interior