Remote Start with KeyFob on the ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-15, 07:03 PM
USALV
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Start with KeyFob on the ES 350

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if Lexus has the option of using the Key fob to do a remote start instead of using the Enform app?

thank you
Old 10-04-15, 07:18 PM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They call the option "RES", or at least they did for the 2014 model year that I have. The range is limited, of course, to about the range of the key fob. A lot of people don't like the short range.
Old 10-04-15, 07:26 PM
Jets
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USALV
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if Lexus has the option of using the Key fob to do a remote start instead of using the Enform app?

thank you
Yes. Press lock 3 times, hold it down on the third press. The hazards will flash and the car will start. There is a delay.
Old 10-04-15, 07:40 PM
USALV
Driver

Originally Posted by Jets
Yes. Press lock 3 times, hold it down on the third press. The hazards will flash and the car will start. There is a delay.
Thank you!!
Old 10-05-15, 06:28 AM
pab12
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

>Yes. Press lock 3 times, hold it down on the third press. The hazards will flash and the car will start. There is a delay.

Is that standard, was is included in 2013? I've looked through my owner's manual set (all 1k pages...) but didn't see any mention of it.

===================================
Angle parked in a parallel universe
Old 10-05-15, 06:46 AM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Is this still tied into the Enform app even though it uses the key FOB. Will this capability go away if Enform is not renewed?
Old 10-05-15, 07:10 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by pab12

Is that standard, was is included in 2013? I've looked through my owner's manual set (all 1k pages...) but didn't see any mention of it.

===================================
Angle parked in a parallel universe
No, it was not standard. It was an approximately $500 option.

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
Is this still tied into the Enform app even though it uses the key FOB. Will this capability go away if Enform is not renewed?
Since the original RES only works via the fob and has no connection with the internet, it works regardless of whether you renew the Enform subscription. I believe that the remote starter system being used now requires an active Enform subscription to use it with a smart phone, and I'm guessing that, without an active Enform subscription, you can still start the vehicle with the fob without an active Enform subscription, but, since my 2013 ES has the original RES system, I can't say with certainty how the current system works.

Last edited by lesz; 10-05-15 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-05-15, 07:37 AM
Jets
Rookie

the info I gave works for models with the Enform remote software .
Old 10-05-15, 07:42 AM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

My 2015 ES does not have any factory installed remote start system. It does however have an active Enform remote subscription and at this point 3 presses on the key FOB lock button does remote start the car. If the key fob remote starts the car without the aid of Enform, why would anyone buy the add on remote start system? Not a big deal as I play on installing my own remote start system later but I am betting that my keyfob remote start capability is tied in somehow with the Enform remote subscription. This is pretty ridiculous because all the hardware and software is in place for remote start, why should we have to pay extra to get it?
Old 10-05-15, 07:46 AM
Jets
Rookie

Dealers do not charge for remote start on cars with the enform remote system as it is already included.
Old 10-05-15, 08:25 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Jets
Dealers do not charge for remote start on cars with the enform remote system as it is already included.
But the question is, with the current system, when the Enform subscription expires and if it is not renewed, what capability will the vehicle owner maintain? As I said in my earlier post, I'd expect that being able to start the car with a smart phone will not be available, but will the ability to start the car with the fob remain available?
Old 10-05-15, 08:37 AM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

From what I've read the key fob remote start, as provided by Enform, will not work once the Enform remote subscription runs out. This despite the fact that they system for doing so is totally installed in the car!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...-with-fob.html

Note that Enform remote cannot be purchased stand alone. You must pay $219.95 for the "ENFORM REMOTE (INCLUDES SAFETY CONNECT)" package:

http://www.lexus.com/enform/ (click on Pricing/Registration)

Last edited by gregjhonda; 10-05-15 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-05-15, 06:22 PM
USALV
Driver

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
From what I've read the key fob remote start, as provided by Enform, will not work once the Enform remote subscription runs out. This despite the fact that they system for doing so is totally installed in the car!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...-with-fob.html

Note that Enform remote cannot be purchased stand alone. You must pay $219.95 for the "ENFORM REMOTE (INCLUDES SAFETY CONNECT)" package:

http://www.lexus.com/enform/ (click on Pricing/Registration)
I finally got a chance to call my local Lexus dealership and I just discovered this very same information. Thank you for posting.
Old 10-05-15, 06:51 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Former RES was $500 installed, provided 80 foot fob start forever

Former RES+ was $1000 installed, $8/month for phone app after 12 months
free, fob continues to work if not subscribed

New LER is free for 12 months, provides 80 foot range fob while subscribed, phone app
start/stop, lock/unlock, car finder, vehicle monitor, guest driver...$220 year if desired
Old 10-05-15, 06:51 PM
Jets
Rookie

I am digging the Enform Remote app on my phone. I can see myself paying to renew it. Depending on how you look at it, if you intend to renew safety connect anyway, its an additional 80 dollars or 6 dollars a month. Even if you consider the full 219 for year 2, how much would you have paid to have remote start in the car?
Sounds silly to some, but I love being able to open the app and make sure my doors are locked and windows closed especially when I am out. Not to mention the valet and guest driver spy settings. Starting the car from the phone is much more convenient than the remote most of the time.

Quick Reply: Remote Start with KeyFob on the ES 350