ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!

Old 06-12-17, 06:11 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Tikva02
We just drove her home from the dealer and we love her already!
Congratulations and welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 07-08-17, 01:59 PM
wade2429
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just beginning to do some modifications to my 2014 ES350 to make it my own.
Blacked out the grill (decided to also black the chrome edge around the grill) - plastidip black.
Blacked out the trunk chrome strip and badges/emblems on the deck lid - plastidip black.
Tinted the windows: 35% in front of A pillar, 20% behind. I am very pleased with this choice. Previous car was 20% front, 5% back. Looked great, but was hard to drive at times and had to forget using the rearview mirror. Had the tint professionally done.

Here's progress so far:
Before/After comparison for the blacked out grill:

Elements of the deck lid blacked out:

Finally, here is the window tint job:

SaveSave
The following users liked this post:
PhillyPhan (07-15-17)
Old 07-09-17, 10:03 AM
PAcommuter
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious about the back window tinting. Does it really make a difference when you have the rear sun shade? I always have my shade engaged and I look at my rear camera and side mirrors when I'm in reverse, not the back window.
Old 07-09-17, 12:55 PM
wade2429
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PAcommuter
Curious about the back window tinting. Does it really make a difference when you have the rear sun shade? I always have my shade engaged and I look at my rear camera and side mirrors when I'm in reverse, not the back window.
I like the tint on the back window from an aesthetic point of view. I do engage the sunshade sometimes, but usually only when there are rear seat passengers. With regard to seeing when backing, I really don't need the back window. When I like to be able to see out the back with the rear-view mirror is when I'm driving I like to know what is going on all around me. Being able to see out back helps that.
Old 07-12-17, 06:36 AM
user 7783920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 es350

Bought a month ago using my 2011 BMW 323i as trade-in. Before my test drive, there was a Lexus ES350 parked beside me at the golf course. I couldn't believe the size difference, the Lexus appearing huge beside my Bimmer. Only 54,000 km on the odometer, it's been well-maintained in showroom condition. Have loved everything about my 'new" car, especially the comfortable ride, excellent handling, engine power and luxurious interior.
Starfire pearl exterior with beige leather interior.
Old 07-12-17, 09:39 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Congratulations! Welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 07-15-17, 06:47 AM
PhillyPhan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wade2429
I like the tint on the back window from an aesthetic point of view. I do engage the sunshade sometimes, but usually only when there are rear seat passengers. With regard to seeing when backing, I really don't need the back window. When I like to be able to see out the back with the rear-view mirror is when I'm driving I like to know what is going on all around me. Being able to see out back helps that.
Looks great!!! I usually do 35% on the front and 5% on the back, but we just did that on my wifes car about a month ago and it's a lot harder to see out the back. I don't know if it's my older age or what. We planned on going 35% and 5% when we get our 350 soon, but now you have me thinking since yours looks so nice. Is there anyway you can post a pic of the car from the side of it showing the difference between the front and back tint?
Old 07-15-17, 06:24 PM
wade2429
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhillyPhan
Looks great!!! I usually do 35% on the front and 5% on the back, but we just did that on my wifes car about a month ago and it's a lot harder to see out the back. I don't know if it's my older age or what. We planned on going 35% and 5% when we get our 350 soon, but now you have me thinking since yours looks so nice. Is there anyway you can post a pic of the car from the side of it showing the difference between the front and back tint?
Hey man, I'll post a picture from the side tomorrow (Sunday). I'm really happy with the choice. Love being able to use my rear view mirror day and night. Still feels dark enough. With the light grey interior, I thought that might be a factor showing through the lighter tint than before, but I think it's still good.
Stay tuned. Thanks!
PhillyPhan (07-16-17)
Old 07-17-17, 11:01 AM
PhillyPhan
Rookie

Hey man, I'll post a picture from the side tomorrow (Sunday). I'm really happy with the choice. Love being able to use my rear view mirror day and night. Still feels dark enough. With the light grey interior, I thought that might be a factor showing through the lighter tint than before, but I think it's still good.
Stay tuned. Thanks!
Picking our ES 350 up Friday and already have the tint appointment scheduled so this will help a lot. Thank you.
Old 07-17-17, 01:42 PM
wade2429
Driver School Candidate

Picking our ES 350 up Friday and already have the tint appointment scheduled so this will help a lot. Thank you.
Sorry that I did not get these posted yesterday (Sunday) something came up and I had to be on the road. Hope you get this early enough to help your decision.
I took side photos both from the side that had the sun directly on it and then the other side for comparison.
Sunlight is shining directly on the other side. Because of the intensity of the sun today, this seems a bit lighter than in real life.
This side is being hit directly by the sun.
Again, sun is shining directly on the other side.SaveSave
PhillyPhan (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 02:08 PM
PhillyPhan
Rookie

Sorry that I did not get these posted yesterday (Sunday) something came up and I had to be on the road. Hope you get this early enough to help your decision.
I took side photos both from the side that had the sun directly on it and then the other side for comparison.
Sunlight is shining directly on the other side. Because of the intensity of the sun today, this seems a bit lighter than in real life.
This side is being hit directly by the sun.
Again, sun is shining directly on the other side.SaveSave
Awesome!!! Thanks for the pics.
Old 07-21-17, 10:56 AM
wade2429
Driver School Candidate

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new ES that you are picking up today! Congrats!
Old 07-22-17, 09:45 AM
tnpats5
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Owner

I just picked it up this week. My first Lexus, I have been a Toyota driver forever.
Luxury Package, with low/bi-led headlamps, Navigation,One touch power trunk, Intuitive parking assist, Heated wood trimmed steering wheel.
Think I will take a long drive today.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!-img_20170722_103132145_hdr.jpg   Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!-img_20170722_103119446.jpg   Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!-img_20170722_103144867_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by tnpats5; 07-22-17 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot Nav
LexNYC83 (03-19-20)
Old 07-23-17, 03:35 AM
astinus4
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tnpats5
I just picked it up this week. My first Lexus, I have been a Toyota driver forever.
Luxury Package, with low/bi-led headlamps, Navigation,One touch power trunk, Intuitive parking assist, Heated wood trimmed steering wheel.
Think I will take a long drive today.
Great colour choice.
tnpats5 (08-03-17)
Old 07-23-17, 11:27 AM
tnpats5
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by astinus4
Great colour choice.
Thanks, I've always been a little safe with black or grey. Thought I'd be a little bold this time around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!