ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Delivery of 2015 ES 300h

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-14, 07:21 PM
thunderbol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery of 2015 ES 300h

Our dealer submitted our order for a 2015 ES 300h in late August. The delivery is expected in very late November or sometime in December. We are located in Northern VA just outside of Washington DC. Is anyone else experiencing a three to four month wait for delivery on a car which had to be special ordered rather than one already on the lot. Has anyone taken delivery on a 2015 ES as of this date?
Old 09-03-14, 07:50 PM
Backspac
Driver School Candidate

Hi thunderbol,

I went to my dealership around may 24 to order a custom 2014 es300h. I was told I had missed the deadline by a day or two. As a result I submitted an order for the 2015. I believe my dealership was only able to submit the order to Lexus on July 10th. My dealer told me I will be the first person in America to get the 2015 model and that I would get it sometime september, early October at worst. I called my representative today and she said she was looking into but hadn't received an update yet. She said she expects to find out soon and will call me then.

As you can see this is indeed roughly a 3 month wait period, and if you read through other posts on this forum, it seems to be that 3-4 months is indeed the normal wait time for a custom car.

I hope this helps, I will update when I find out more.
Old 09-03-14, 08:41 PM
thunderbol
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. Hope you get your car soon and let us know what it is like. I think some of the changes for 2015 will make a good car even better.
Old 09-04-14, 07:34 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

There are several things that I note from reading on various sources.

First, several internet sources indicate that the 2015 ES will be available some time in September.

When I go to the Lexus site, I see that the 2015 ES is up on that site, but, if I go to the "build your Lexus" tab, it only allows me to build a 2014 ES. Also, when I checked dealer inventories in multiple regions, I only found 2014 ES vehicles in those inventories. So, if any 2015 vehicles have hit the dealers at this point, I would guess that the number is very small.

Also, if you special ordered your ES and if it has one of the combinations of options that Lexus builds in large numbers, I would think that you would be likely to get yours shortly after the 2015 vehicles become available. On the other hand, if the combination of options that you ordered does not match up with a combination that Lexus builds in large numbers, I would guess that you might have to wait longer because the production priorities of Lexus are likely going to be to produce the option combinations that are produced in large numbers so that they can get those vehicles to the dealerships.

I also notice that the MSRP for a base 2015 ES is a little less than $1000 higher than was the price of a base 2013 or 2014 ES, and there may also be modest increases in the prices of packages and options.
Old 09-04-14, 10:36 AM
thunderbol
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Lesz for your timely reply.

We did include the UL package as well as radar cruise control on our order along with the ML radio among other things with our order. When I was chooseing the options the only one that our sales rep said was " special" in that it would require a special order be made was the radar cruise control. Just about everything else they could have found on a car in the 2014 inventory. I specifically wanted the radar cruise control so that is what necessitated the special order and moving into the 2015 model year.

Having read about the positive changes that the 2015 model will have in the entertainment/information system I am glad that we are going to get the 2015 edition.
Old 09-04-14, 11:38 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderbol
Thank you Lesz for your timely reply.

We did include the UL package as well as radar cruise control on our order along with the ML radio among other things with our order. When I was choosing the options the only one that our sales rep said was " special" in that it would require a special order be made was the radar cruise control. Just about everything else they could have found on a car in the 2014 inventory. I specifically wanted the radar cruise control so that is what necessitated the special order and moving into the 2015 model year.

Having read about the positive changes that the 2015 model will have in the entertainment/information system I am glad that we are going to get the 2015 edition.
I had to special order my 2013 S 300h UL due to the same option, it took every bit of 4 months to get it. However, that was over the December holidays so that may have slowed it a bit. I even tracked the ship it was on as it made it's journey from Japan to the port in Florida. The west coast does not take as long due to less travel to the port from Japan.
Old 09-08-14, 02:03 PM
Backspac
Driver School Candidate

Well....I received my update, and I can't say I'm happy about it but it is what it is. I am now being told I will receive it late October. Oh well. But this is with in the 3-4 month time frame so I suppose it makes sense.
Old 09-09-14, 05:12 AM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by Backspac
Well....I received my update, and I can't say I'm happy about it but it is what it is. I am now being told I will receive it late October. Oh well. But this is with in the 3-4 month time frame so I suppose it makes sense.
From Japan, your car will need to go through the Panama Canal, stop to unload some vehicles at the Port in Florida, and then head up to NJ to the port where it will be unloaded, USA options added and then ship to your dealer. It will be worth the wait.
Old 09-09-14, 07:02 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 91 Posts

when i bought my 2013 late last year, i was told then that if I special ordered one, I was looking at a 90-120 day waiting period.
Old 09-09-14, 06:18 PM
thunderbol
Driver School Candidate

Thank you everyone for your responses. I guess we are looking at a a Thanksgiving surprise or a Christmas present. In the mean time we will be looking for the postings from people who get their 2015's before ours is delivered.
Old 11-06-14, 07:55 PM
Backspac
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,
Just thought I would tell you...my car finally arrived today!!!
Old 11-07-14, 05:09 AM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by Backspac
Hey guys,
Just thought I would tell you...my car finally arrived today!!!
Congratulations! You will enjoy it very much.
Old 11-11-14, 09:05 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

That's awesome. Congrats.

A buddy of mine just traded in his truck for a 2015 Atomic Silver ES300h, with black leather. He loves it and it's perfect for his long commutes.

Old 11-12-14, 04:39 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

My goodness, that's a gorgeous color, the metallic sheen on that thing is beautiful. I guess your buddy would be surprised by the big jump in fuel economy too... I saw 50 mpg on a gentle cruise up in the hills today. That's amazing for a car this big and luxurious.
Old 11-12-14, 08:37 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
That's awesome. Congrats.

A buddy of mine just traded in his truck for a 2015 Atomic Silver ES300h, with black leather. He loves it and it's perfect for his long commutes.

Nice looking ES, congrats to your buddy..

Quick Reply: Delivery of 2015 ES 300h