ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

It is possible to watch movie during driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-14, 04:22 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

While watching the movie while you're driving,are you going to text someone too?
Old 08-02-14, 03:36 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
While watching the movie while you're driving,are you going to text someone too?
While drinking a latte and eating a burger? :-)
Old 08-04-14, 11:54 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mspearl95
While drinking a latte and eating a burger? :-)
And putting on eyeliner....
Old 08-04-14, 01:35 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

It continues to amaze me how many people seem to be willing to act in a way that significantly increases the chances of a serious accident taking place. While I don't want to see people doing harm to themselves, it especially bothers me when people are willing, without reservation, to act in a way that puts the safety and lives of others at risk.

With the number of people who seem inclined to participate in various forms of distracted driving, I suppose that we should all be thankful every time we complete a driving excursion safely. Whether it is watching a movie, texting, drinking, or whatever, I suppose everyone who does these things feels that the bad things are going to happen to someone else.

I'm even a bit surprised that the moderators of this site even allow a thread like this one to remain on the board. Whether it be for ethical reasons or legal reasons, I know of many forums that would not allow a thread to remain on their boards if the topic of discussion essentially involved people explaining to each other how to break the law (and, at the same time, put their own safety and that of others at risk).
Old 08-05-14, 05:32 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
It continues to amaze me how many people seem to be willing to act in a way that significantly increases the chances of a serious accident taking place. While I don't want to see people doing harm to themselves, it especially bothers me when people are willing, without reservation, to act in a way that puts the safety and lives of others at risk.

With the number of people who seem inclined to participate in various forms of distracted driving, I suppose that we should all be thankful every time we complete a driving excursion safely. Whether it is watching a movie, texting, drinking, or whatever, I suppose everyone who does these things feels that the bad things are going to happen to someone else.

I'm even a bit surprised that the moderators of this site even allow a thread like this one to remain on the board. Whether it be for ethical reasons or legal reasons, I know of many forums that would not allow a thread to remain on their boards if the topic of discussion essentially involved people explaining to each other how to break the law (and, at the same time, put their own safety and that of others at risk).
Amen Brother well said.
Old 08-05-14, 04:42 PM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Originally Posted by lesz

Hopefully the public ridicule convinces him that it's a really bad idea....
Old 08-07-14, 09:20 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the most idiotic idea.
Old 08-07-14, 09:52 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Personally, when I'm on the road, I like to pop open a brewski, do some texting, watch a movie, and oh yeah, drive.
Old 08-07-14, 10:28 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

LexBob, you forgot about talking on the old cell phone too. Now, you're covered.
Old 08-07-14, 03:54 PM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazon sells an "AutoExec Wheelmate Steering Wheel Attachable Work Surface Tray". It is a little desk that can be used as a writing surface, or to hold a laptop, or for other purposes. There are more than 1,100 reviews, many of which are very funny.

Of course, it only stays horizontal as long as you do not turn your steering wheel. That could be a problem if you are using it to mix drinks.
Old 08-07-14, 05:39 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SLH
Amazon sells an "AutoExec Wheelmate Steering Wheel Attachable Work Surface Tray". It is a little desk that can be used as a writing surface, or to hold a laptop, or for other purposes. There are more than 1,100 reviews, many of which are very funny.

Of course, it only stays horizontal as long as you do not turn your steering wheel. That could be a problem if you are using it to mix drinks.
The tray could hold MissyBissy's makeup and mix her drinks while she watches her fav movie.
Old 08-08-14, 11:43 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Arty101
The tray could hold MissyBissy's makeup and mix her drinks while she watches her fav movie.
It took me 45 minutes to go one mile yesterday. I could have put on my makeup, watched a movie and mixed a drink.
Old 08-08-14, 02:32 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MissyBissy
It took me 45 minutes to go one mile yesterday. I could have put on my makeup, watched a movie and mixed a drink.
Oh, you forgot the next biggest distraction, talking on your phone and texting at the same time.
Old 08-08-14, 03:18 PM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Arty101
Oh, you forgot the next biggest distraction, talking on your phone and texting at the same time.
Well if my android would connect to the car correctly it wouldn't be an issue LOL
Old 08-08-14, 07:51 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MissyBissy
Well if my android would connect to the car correctly it wouldn't be an issue LOL
Well thank goodness for small favors. JK.